HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

Just checking in to see if you made it home ok...hopefully have recovered from the jet lag by now!!

Hi Kathy....good to see you!!

Yes, thanks all good here, I think jet lag took about 5 days this time to disappear, last two nights we have slept much better.

And as Tom uploaded the pictures for me yesterday, I think the brain is ready to start the TR either today or tomorrow......I will say however, Tom`s had a stinker of a cold since last Tuesday night, I appear to have a scratchy throat this morning.....yes, I`m blaming him, but hoping it doesn`t come to what he had, can`t be laid in bed for a week this time of year!!

Hope things are good with you and yours :wave2:

We're going well, thank you! Kept both grandsons (3YO and 10-week-old) and the grand dog overnight for the first time Friday night. I'm still recovering!

Oh goodness, that is a lot!!! Bet you loved it though, they`ll keep you young for sure 😍 glad you`re doing well though :)

cv50-S.jpg

i-CWrVrKV-S.jpg

And we`re back!!!

I have been so keen to get this TR restarted again, but coming back off of a trip from the States involves a lot of jet lag, laundry and getting back into a normal routine.....adding in Tom getting sick last week, due to a man in the store coughing openly and then laughing about it, and of course as expected, I got it this week too! However I think after a very good nights sleep last night (thank you strong American medication) I don`t feel so bad today.

So, I`ll get it started and look forward to reliving our Christmas trip for this year. I will admit, we didn`t do half the things we planned, we didn`t make St Augustine which we were disappointed with and we didn`t make a visit to Dunedin where a friend of ours now lives having moved from Orlando, but we did catch up with lots of lovely people, some old friends and some new ones too which was very special indeed. If you are reading along, thank you and I hope you enjoy it and always love to read your comments along the way, they are very much appreciated 🥰

i-2gJhFMR-M.gif

Leading up to our trip we had everything in place well in advance, we don`t usually leave much till last minute so no panicked moments wondering if we had done this or that, so it was just a matter of waiting patiently or not so patiently :rolleyes1 for our trip to come around.

I did however have something to take my mind off waiting. I was going through the first process of getting a dental implant. I had taken to saying dental implant as I had inadvertently once said to one of my brothers I was getting an implant, he assumed I meant a different type of implant, looked me up and down and asked if I was sure I needed implants....:rotfl:..that made us laugh so hard, from then on I always said dental implant.

Many of you have followed these reports may remember the trouble I had with one crown over two trips, yep, it kept coming out and gave me no end of trouble and eventually I had it replaced by a Bridge which was fine for several years, but when it failed, an implant was the only option, well I could have had another bridge but it would probably only last a few years so an implant it was to be.

On Halloween itself, I had the first part fitted into the bone, all that cutting and drilling wasn`t as bad as anticipated to be fair and despite being in the chair for almost an hour it didn`t feel too bad.....until the numb wore off! Holy moly we were about 20 minutes from home when I found myself in agony, but once I got some very strong pain relief in me it was fine-ish.

He originally said I would have a gap until the full implant was fitted in February or March next year!! All I could think of was I`m going to Florida in November....I can`t go with a huge gap on the front of my teeth!!

I looked at him horrified and said.....

i-FGZsXhQ-S.gif

Immediately asked him what could be done, he said I could get a temporary tooth, but of course that would be on top of the already expensive cost for the implant.....whatever, we`d pay it whatever the cost, so I had to get impressions (worst nightmare) and he said they`d make me one and it would be fitted before we left.

A few days before we left, I got the stitches out and the temp tooth attached, it felt odd but I got used to it very quickly. And it looks very natural so I was happy with it. But, it certainly took my mind off waiting to leave for our trip which was now right upon us.

THURSDAY NOV 16TH

i-S9M2Xk6-S.gif

Yes, as is usual, the night before our trips we sleep so poorly, well Tom slept ok, but I was wandering around about 3am and couldn`t get back to sleep, I tried to be quiet, but I failed apparently with Tom appearing in the kitchen as I was making a second pot of tea around 4.30. oops.

We were basically packed last night, but once we were showered and dressed we popped in our last minute items and toiletries that would do us for our overnight at the Radisson.

Kyle dropped in and we said our goodbyes to him, we would chat through Facetime of course while we were away, he does like to keep an eye on us and we always love to know what he`s up to.

By 8pm we were sorted and ready to leave, our car service picked us up spot on time as they always do, very reliable service from the ladies as always, being on time and punctuality is incredibly important to us, so we get the cases in and head off on the drive up to the Radisson at Manchester Airport.

i-7J5BRTc-X2.jpg

The main car park is not where we`re dropped off though, we go in the main entrance then elevator up to level 3 for check in. Executive Level used to have it`s own check in area, but since Covid, they don`t have the staff to cover it, and seeing how quiet the lounge can be at times I`m not surprised.

1702393152206.jpeg

We go to the desk and staff here are always very friendly, we explain we are very early and don`t expect our room to be ready, but can we drop our luggage and we`ll go have lunch while we wait. She says that is perfect as our room isn`t ready, but she does print off some keys for us so we can use the Executive Lounge until then. She also explains we have been upgraded to a runway view, this type of room is something they started charging for several years back, you used to be able to request a runway view, now they charge for it. We never book it as we can see the airport from the lounge, but we thanked her anyway for the gesture.

It tends to be the case we arrive in nice time for lunch and today it was around 12.30ish by the time we went in and it was fairly quiet for this time of year. I was however disappointed we were too early for all their Christmas trees that are always dotted around the hotels and restaurants, I was surprised as I didn`t think we were too early, seems we were.

Our trip starts as soon as we leave for the airport and once in Little M Bar, we always start with a bottle of sparkly with lunch, it`s tradition!!

I was about to clink glasses when he popped the camera up....caught mid clink......🥂

i-L32FjkG-X2.jpg

It`s a decent little menu, plenty for us to choose from, I do like their smoked salmon sandwich but as we were both now starving we decided to share two items between us, it had been a long time since breakfast!

i-6XQSBgH-X2.jpg

i-6xTpHnq-X2.jpg

Tom`s favourite sandwich, well depending where we are, is usually the chicken club sandwich, so he opts for that while I choose the Pepperoni pizza....I know that`s big enough to easily share and we`ve had it before, it is very nice.

i-4HWpVnx-X2.jpg

i-gtLN2D7-X2.jpg

They do a very nice coleslaw here, full of onion which is hard to pick around, but I do try.

The pizza is indeed large. Even between us we`ll never finish this one, but it is so fresh and tasty so we were glad we ordered both. However, I think we ate half the pizza which was more than enough and the sandwich was lovely.

i-7ZnPQPG-X2.jpg

We had finished eating and were just chilling out when the lady from reception came to tell us our room was ready and our luggage had already been taken up, she told us which room number it was and after we paid we headed up. We wouldn`t be sitting too long as we were planning on doing Twilight Check in which meant we`d be rid of our cases tonight, so I needed to work out what we needed for the next day! Always worries me I might need something after it`s gone.

Twilight Check in and Executive Lounge coming right up.....:-)

Off to a Fantastic start! I am also laughing at the idea of you with another type of implant. We’d be calling you Dolly 🤣🤣 I’m so glad they were able to fit you with a solution so you could focus on enjoying your trip 🎄✈️🎢

Looks like you had a nice first meal and easy check in. Vacation has started indeed! 🥂

I’m eager to see all of your adventures. Thanks so much for bringing us along 🎉🎉🎉

Off to a Fantastic start! I am also laughing at the idea of you with another type of implant. We’d be calling you Dolly 🤣🤣 I’m so glad they were able to fit you with a solution so you could focus on enjoying your trip 🎄✈️🎢

Looks like you had a nice first meal and easy check in. Vacation has started indeed! 🥂

I’m eager to see all of your adventures. Thanks so much for bringing us along 🎉🎉🎉

lol.....Dolly indeed.......:rotfl2:

His face was a picture of confusion and a certain hesitancy as to not put his foot in it and say the wrong thing :rotfl:Yes, it was a good solution, no way could I have not have something!!

Always love that feeling of the whole trip in front of us, that first lunch is always nice, and it`s always lovely to have everyone around for the TR`s too!!

cv50-S.jpg

i-CWrVrKV-S.jpg

And we`re back!!!

I have been so keen to get this TR restarted again, but coming back off of a trip from the States involves a lot of jet lag, laundry and getting back into a normal routine.....adding in Tom getting sick last week, due to a man in the store coughing openly and then laughing about it, and of course as expected, I got it this week too! However I think after a very good nights sleep last night (thank you strong American medication) I don`t feel so bad today.

So, I`ll get it started and look forward to reliving our Christmas trip for this year. I will admit, we didn`t do half the things we planned, we didn`t make St Augustine which we were disappointed with and we didn`t make a visit to Dunedin where a friend of ours now lives having moved from Orlando, but we did catch up with lots of lovely people, some old friends and some new ones too which was very special indeed. If you are reading along, thank you and I hope you enjoy it and always love to read your comments along the way, they are very much appreciated 🥰

i-2gJhFMR-M.gif

Leading up to our trip we had everything in place well in advance, we don`t usually leave much till last minute so no panicked moments wondering if we had done this or that, so it was just a matter of waiting patiently or not so patiently :rolleyes1 for our trip to come around.

I did however have something to take my mind off waiting. I was going through the first process of getting a dental implant. I had taken to saying dental implant as I had inadvertently once said to one of my brothers I was getting an implant, he assumed I meant a different type of implant, looked me up and down and asked if I was sure I needed implants....:rotfl:..that made us laugh so hard, from then on I always said dental implant.

Many of you have followed these reports may remember the trouble I had with one crown over two trips, yep, it kept coming out and gave me no end of trouble and eventually I had it replaced by a Bridge which was fine for several years, but when it failed, an implant was the only option, well I could have had another bridge but it would probably only last a few years so an implant it was to be.

On Halloween itself, I had the first part fitted into the bone, all that cutting and drilling wasn`t as bad as anticipated to be fair and despite being in the chair for almost an hour it didn`t feel too bad.....until the numb wore off! Holy moly we were about 20 minutes from home when I found myself in agony, but once I got some very strong pain relief in me it was fine-ish.

He originally said I would have a gap until the full implant was fitted in February or March next year!! All I could think of was I`m going to Florida in November....I can`t go with a huge gap on the front of my teeth!!

I looked at him horrified and said.....

i-FGZsXhQ-S.gif

Immediately asked him what could be done, he said I could get a temporary tooth, but of course that would be on top of the already expensive cost for the implant.....whatever, we`d pay it whatever the cost, so I had to get impressions (worst nightmare) and he said they`d make me one and it would be fitted before we left.

A few days before we left, I got the stitches out and the temp tooth attached, it felt odd but I got used to it very quickly. And it looks very natural so I was happy with it. But, it certainly took my mind off waiting to leave for our trip which was now right upon us.

THURSDAY NOV 16TH

i-S9M2Xk6-S.gif

Yes, as is usual, the night before our trips we sleep so poorly, well Tom slept ok, but I was wandering around about 3am and couldn`t get back to sleep, I tried to be quiet, but I failed apparently with Tom appearing in the kitchen as I was making a second pot of tea around 4.30. oops.

We were basically packed last night, but once we were showered and dressed we popped in our last minute items and toiletries that would do us for our overnight at the Radisson.

Kyle dropped in and we said our goodbyes to him, we would chat through Facetime of course while we were away, he does like to keep an eye on us and we always love to know what he`s up to.

By 8pm we were sorted and ready to leave, our car service picked us up spot on time as they always do, very reliable service from the ladies as always, being on time and punctuality is incredibly important to us, so we get the cases in and head off on the drive up to the Radisson at Manchester Airport.

i-7J5BRTc-X2.jpg

The main car park is not where we`re dropped off though, we go in the main entrance then elevator up to level 3 for check in. Executive Level used to have it`s own check in area, but since Covid, they don`t have the staff to cover it, and seeing how quiet the lounge can be at times I`m not surprised.

We go to the desk and staff here are always very friendly, we explain we are very early and don`t expect our room to be ready, but can we drop our luggage and we`ll go have lunch while we wait. She says that is perfect as our room isn`t ready, but she does print off some keys for us so we can use the Executive Lounge until then. She also explains we have been upgraded to a runway view, this type of room is something they started charging for several years back, you used to be able to request a runway view, now they charge for it. We never book it as we can see the airport from the lounge, but we thanked her anyway for the gesture.

It tends to be the case we arrive in nice time for lunch and today it was around 12.30ish by the time we went in and it was fairly quiet for this time of year. I was however disappointed we were too early for all their Christmas trees that are always dotted around the hotels and restaurants, I was surprised as I didn`t think we were too early, seems we were.

Our trip starts as soon as we leave for the airport and once in Little M Bar, we always start with a bottle of sparkly with lunch, it`s tradition!!

I was about to clink glasses when he popped the camera up....caught mid clink......🥂

i-L32FjkG-X2.jpg

It`s a decent little menu, plenty for us to choose from, I do like their smoked salmon sandwich but as we were both now starving we decided to share two items between us, it had been a long time since breakfast!

i-6XQSBgH-X2.jpg

i-6xTpHnq-X2.jpg

Tom`s favourite sandwich, well depending where we are, is usually the chicken club sandwich, so he opts for that while I choose the Pepperoni pizza....I know that`s big enough to easily share and we`ve had it before, it is very nice.

i-4HWpVnx-X2.jpg

i-gtLN2D7-X2.jpg

They do a very nice coleslaw here, full of onion which is hard to pick around, but I do try.

The pizza is indeed large. Even between us we`ll never finish this one, but it is so fresh and tasty so we were glad we ordered both. However, I think we ate half the pizza which was more than enough and the sandwich was lovely.

i-7ZnPQPG-X2.jpg

We had finished eating and were just chilling out when the lady from reception came to tell us our room was ready and our luggage had already been taken up, she told us which room number it was and after we paid we headed up. We wouldn`t be sitting too long as we were planning on doing Twilight Check in which meant we`d be rid of our cases tonight, so I needed to work out what we needed for the next day! Always worries me I might need something after it`s gone.

Twilight Check in and Executive Lounge coming right up.....:-)
Hello Carole,
Love the start of all your trip reports! So excited you got an upgrade With your hotel room. Sorry about the implant. I’ve had two…..🦷. I agree..during the procedure it was fine. The throbbing after…..horrible.
Brenda 😊

Last edited:
Hooray, finally! Eager to hear about your trip. We were also in Florida, but near Tampa. Flew in on Tuesday the 21st pm - also my son Finley's birthday and he was VERY unhappy about it. We were only there until Saturday night, so a fast trip. It was nice and hot on the Wednesday but after that it got a little chilly - upper 60s so not terrible but too cold for ME to swim - kids all did of course. 🥶 And then after we left it got hot again so at least YOU got to enjoy the warmth!

Had a great Thanksgiving though - saw family we haven't seen since pre-Covid (2018 I think?) and no one set fire to the oven this time lol.

Hello Carole,
Love the start of all your trip reports! So excited you got an upgrade With your hotel room. Sorry about the implant. I’ve had two…..🦷. I agree..during the procedure it was fine. The throbbing after…..horrible.
Brenda 😊

Aww thanks Brenda, yes we did like the runway view, well, I like to have the drapes open as I go to sleep and like to see all the lights, Tom would have the room in complete darkness!!

I agree, the process wasn`t as bad as I had feared, to be honest the impressions were worse......lol......but I`d go through it again and have none of the worries I had going in to this one. That throbbing though....ouch, couldn`t imagine not having pain relief for that!!

Hooray, finally! Eager to hear about your trip. We were also in Florida, but near Tampa. Flew in on Tuesday the 21st pm - also my son Finley's birthday and he was VERY unhappy about it. We were only there until Saturday night, so a fast trip. It was nice and hot on the Wednesday but after that it got a little chilly - upper 60s so not terrible but too cold for ME to swim - kids all did of course. 🥶 And then after we left it got hot again so at least YOU got to enjoy the warmth!

Had a great Thanksgiving though - saw family we haven't seen since pre-Covid (2018 I think?) and no one set fire to the oven this time lol.

lol....kids don`t notice the cold do they....I won`t go in the pool unless it`s over 90F!! I`m a wimp though.

I`m so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and trip, shame it got so cool though, you have a long winter ahead of you on LI, so it would have been nice to have some heat. But, my goodness that is a long time to not see family, it must have been lovely for you all.

Hello. I’m joining in on reading your report. I’ve read some of your other reports but this is the first one I can join in real time.

My husband and I love the UK as much as you love traveling to Orlando. It is favorite vacation spot.

Haven’t been to universal since they added Harry Potter so I like reading about all the changes.

This was the little area on the 9th floor where the Executive Level rooms are that used to be the check in area, it was nice and was much calmer as sometimes check in/out can be busy, but it is no more.

They call it Executive Level, the rooms are basically the same as the rest of the hotel, except there are some suites, the room windows go from ceiling to floor and there is the lounge which is very nice, but actual room size they`re not so different.

i-MhQHMnj-X2.jpg

Rooms are a standard.....they are however, very clean, beds and bedding are very nice and they have some ok products in the shower. They are a little overpriced however, but the convenience of being attached to the terminals overides that to be fair, it is in a prime location and being able to walk down in the mornings and not have to go outside is priceless...especially this time of year where it is cold and we`ll be dressed for Florida!

i-v2FBxPn-X2.jpg

i-4GwH3XD-X2.jpg

i-g7WNWsX-X2.jpg

i-4kRjMvv-X2.jpg

Even though I love ironing, there is no way I`m ironing for a one night stay, but along with the safe, it`s an handy addition to the room and we do like the robes.

The tea, coffee and hot chocolate are all brand names, but the packets of biscuits you get to have with your tea have changed over the last couple of years and are no longer the nice brand they used to be, now they seem like a generic store`s own brand biscuit, and not very nice at all, it`s a shame as it`s just another area they are cheaping out on us, but not a reason to not stay there.

i-5sx3Bnp-X2.jpg

i-bKnpqC8-X2.jpg

The products they have are decent, but I noticed they are adding holders to the shower walls which looks to me like they are adding those large pre filled containers which looks cheap to me, I don`t like them and will bring my own in the future if that`s what they`re doing going forward, it does feel like a cheapening of the brand.

i-fjqLFZw-X2.jpg

We got the cases on the bed and picked out any old outfit to fly in tomorrow, we always have a spare outfit or two in hand luggage just in case we get separated from our main suitcases, but making sure I had some make up that wasn`t above the 100ml size, small perfume, deoderant and some other little items was easier than I thought, I do tend to over think things.

We were glad Twilight Check in was back, from 4pm till I think 8 or 9pm you can drop off your suitcases for your next day`s flight, all you had to make sure you had done was online check in which I did before lunch arrived, so dropping the bags meant all we had to do in the morning was turn up and go through security.

This flight was an odd one for us, usually we fly Premium both ways, but this time Premium was completely sold out, next best thing was exit row seats in economy, we could have got regular extra leg room seats but exit row means we had no one in front of us and plenty of legroom which was ok for us. In Premium you get two suitcases each at 50lb each which is fine for us but, going out economy means only one suitcase each which was not much fun trying to organise as we take out so much stuff for friends and staff and there were a few lively discussions when we were packing as to "do you really need to take that".....he`s a brave man at times.....er, yes, I do need to take that!

So, we picked out what we needed for travel day which was easy for Tom as he had bought three pairs of grey shorts for this trip and all he had to do was bring out one pair and a shirt and he was done!!!! So easy.

With passports in hand we headed down the five minute walk to the VA check in desks where there was no one there apart from the staff who are always so lovely and we handed the passports over and gave the usual details, he then asked how many bags we were checking in, Tom said 2, one each and then he stunned us by saying, you do know you could have had one more case each due to being upgraded to the next Flying Club Level!!

i-4tv9wVp-Th.gif

In our minds we were both staring at him and saying are you kidding us.....but this guy had no clue how stressful packing had been for us this trip, and we would find it funny later, right now, not so much!!! He was looking at us in a weird way as if he knew something was coming from us but not quite sure what......🥴

I burst out laughing to be honest, and Tom laughed and said he`d no idea the work that went into those cases this trip!! Poor guy, he did laugh too.

And we did well as both cases were almost exactly on the limit, well, mine was over just a tiny bit....ok more than a tiny bit, but I think he felt our frustration at not knowing that we could have had more cases and didn`t charge us any extra for the weight.......but it was just one of those situations that was so ridiculous we had to laugh. He did then remind us that at least we would know for the way home, we told him we were already Premium on the way home.....lol......he just said....oh, that`s good!

He did tell us though that we would still get Priority on our luggage so it would come off with Premium baggage which is something. So, bagless we headed back up the short walk to the hotel.

The lounge had a new addition since we were last here and it was a little stall with a couple of beer taps on it, slightly different, but it would prove to be popular at 5pm when the alcohol would be served.

i-mWnTT6q-X2.jpg

i-RwVRmGR-X2.jpg

i-z3bd7g8-X2.jpg

i-jhVGPmR-X2.jpg

During the daytime hours from 6.30am till 9.30pm you can get teas, coffee and any soft drinks as well as potato chips and little bags of cookies, or biscuits to us to go with a cup of tea, but from 5pm they serve wines, beers and hard liquor and also when they start the snacks both hot and cold.

i-8qvtzhj-X2.jpg

It is help yourself which is nice and only once or twice have we seen folks go over the top, to be fair, flying the next day we are always careful and don`t take too much, neither of us have any desire to travel while feeling off colour at all, so a few glasses of wine is just fine for us.

The lounge is very nice, ok the view isn`t exactly breathtakingly beautiful but there`s something about an airport that we like, yes, it`s a dull place but there`s always something going on and it does look much better at night!

This time they started putting out the cold offerings from around 4.30pm, so we were back just in time and one of our favourite things is proscuitto, so we were pleased to see that on offer tonight as well as a salami which was a little too greasy for us, a nice selection of cheeses, excluding the blue of course and some very nice olives. Not a bad little selection.

We used to eat down in the restaurant around 8pm despite having the lounge, but being honest after such a nice lunch we were never really ready for a full meal, so the appetisers on offer at this time were more than enough for us.

i-4k4XdsT-X2.jpg

It was very nice sitting with a glass of wine, with some lovely snack items and just chilling, we could feel the excitement start to build for our travel day tomorrow and mostly what we were talking about but we were also talking about how quiet the lounge was! I think this was the emptiest we had ever seen it which was nice, it was also nice there were no kids after 5pm when they brought the alcohol out, not that I have anything against kids, but it is nice sometimes being in a child free environment.....as we head to the biggest child friendly place in the world......lol

They soon brought out the hot items and they were mixed for me, the samosas were quite nice, the mozarella sticks were completely tasteless and the little mini pies were quite nice too.

To be honest I mainly stuck to the proscuitto which was very nice, but you could certainly eat enough to save going down to the restaurant for a full meal.

i-rwt6BMR-X2.jpg

i-qTLrgNZ-X2.jpg

They were trying something new though which we completely approved of 😁

A tree of cocktails appeared and it did look lovely. The bottom one was was an Espresso Martini, middle one was a Mango Daiquiri and the top one was a Margarita and it looked so pretty.

Neither of us like Espresso drinks so we did try the other two and they were very nice, I think we each had a couple of them (they were small) and the lovely ladies who were working in the lounge said she would make us a couple more once they were finished, I think we both had one more, but thankfully they weren`t what we would class as "strong" but very refreshing.

i-FjWXtgC-X2.jpg

There were only a couple of us left in the lounge at this point, it didn`t close till 9.30 but around 8pm we decided this was as deserted as it had ever been, we chatted to the other two couples who were still there and they were nice to pass some time with, but by 8.30 we were ready to head back to our room.

The ladies had just put out what they classed as dessert.....er, a slice of fruit cake is something I have with a cup of tea, now it`s very nice and we do love a good old slice of British fruit loaf, but the other couples were looking for something more than that.....shame......lol

We had ordered a pot of tea to be sent to our room in about 15 minutes so we took a couple of slices to go to have with our tea, thanked the ladies and headed out.

i-bvFQhdt-X2.jpg

Our room is very cosy at night, I fully opened the drapes and watched the lights of the airport with a few planes taking off before Facetiming Kyle for a quick chat, we agreed when we would try and chat next but he`s so busy we`d need to be exact with times. Our tea arrived just as we were saying goodnight to him and we enjoyed some tv for Tom and me looking out the window with a rather nice cup of tea and a book.

I think we sat up till around 11pm, although I will say someone was nodding off now and again most of the evening ::yes::....although he says he wasn`t of course, but at 11 we turned the tv off and hoped we`d sleep.

The fact we had checked in and dropped our bags off meant we didn`t have to be there so early, our flight was leaving at 10.30, so going through security around 8.30 would be fine, but we`d probably be slightly earlier than that knowing us, we never want to be late for anything and would rather be 3 hours early than one minute late!

We set my ipad alarm, Tom`s phone alarm and arranged for a wake up call, just in case.....although we were being hopeful needing an alarm as I guess as we both knew what kind of night lay ahead of us.....😴

1702484278241.gif

Travel day coming up next!

Hello. I’m joining in on reading your report. I’ve read some of your other reports but this is the first one I can join in real time.

My husband and I love the UK as much as you love traveling to Orlando. It is favorite vacation spot.

Haven’t been to universal since they added Harry Potter so I like reading about all the changes.

:welcome: along Jules76126

It`s good to have you along for this one, glad you can join in this one.

How lovely you enjoy the UK....I`d swap you anyday lol....no, there are some beautiful places in the UK, very weather dependant though!! Have you been to many places over here?

I know I sometimes feel ashamed when I chat to many Americans and Canadians in Florida who will recall all the places they`ve visited over here and some I have never once set foot in......lol.....

You`d love what they`ve done with Potter, it truly is an amazing sight to see, even non Potter fans think it`s terrific.

Hope you enjoy this one and it is good to have you along :wave2:

Nice to see you recovered and starting the TR!

That Twilight check in sounds great!! You got me thinking about future travels I wonder if other airports do it...will have to investigate for the next time I'm going to stay at an airport adjacent hotel!!

I could totally have made a meal of those lounge snacks!! Looks fantastic!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Hope everyone feels better soon and you are able to enjoy the holiday season without the sniffles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter