HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

Up at early o clock this morning as is usual in our first day.

Wonderful flight coming out, Virgin cabin crew are always amazing and make the flight nicer. Arrived to some rain that we knew was going to be on, but by time we got to pick up the car, it wasn’t so bad…..weather is to be 80F on Sunday so I’m not complaining, today is our lazy day for sunscreen and other bits and bobs shopping.

Arriving at the hotel, well, a very lovely welcome as always.

Sapphire Suite is beautiful as always, and Strong Water bar after a shower and change was most welcome. What is it about a flight that makes you want to shower as soon as you can?

I posted these pictures on the San thread, we only took a couple on the iPad, first was our welcome treats, there were also some cans of sprite in the fridge for us. The fruit plate was most welcome and we devoured that like a shark attack!!

View attachment 811489

Then, as is usual on our first night……Strong Water Bar……where they just look after everyone so well!!

Yes, Carole’s Punch was on order!

I might have had 2!

View attachment 811490

We didn’t last long though and by 9.30 we were zonked out!!

Tom is still sleeping so I’m through in the sitting room letting him sleep a bit longer, not much going on today, shopping might come back to the hotel this afternoon for a sleep before deciding where to eat dinner and hopefully parks tomorrow.

To be 76f today, much better than 40f at home!!

Time to get ready though, I think breakfast calls for us, but it’s so good to be back again!!!

So glad to hear you have safely arrived!!! You look right at home at the strong water bar, LOL. I can't wait to try a Carole's punch. It sounds lovely!

I know you will have a great time, and it will be so nice to meet you guys.

I still haven't packed, which is unusual for me. I tweaked my back somehow - don't remember doing it. I think it's one of those times when you bend like you always do and for some reason your back hurts? I am feeling better today, so no housework until I am good. I am very upset about that (not!).

I told Robin that I can't ride the velococoaster with her and am really unhappy about that :teeth:. She said she will ride it alone and I will gladly watch from the ground:)

We have our big family Thanksgiving this week, then in 2 days my oldest grandson's birthday, and the very Next Day,
We leave for Minneapolis to stay at a park and fly for our flight on Monday:) It is coming up fast now and we are so excited:)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ruth

Yay!!!!! Vacation time is here!!!

I have no problem with 76F! Especially if it’s sunny.

Arriving at the resort is always such an amazing feeling. We’re so close now I can feel it.

have a great first day!

80F today and feels much warmer, it is glorious!!! Will try and keep it like this till you arrive!

Thanks, having a blast already!

So glad to hear you have safely arrived!!! You look right at home at the strong water bar, LOL. I can't wait to try a Carole's punch. It sounds lovely!

I know you will have a great time, and it will be so nice to meet you guys.

I still haven't packed, which is unusual for me. I tweaked my back somehow - don't remember doing it. I think it's one of those times when you bend like you always do and for some reason your back hurts? I am feeling better today, so no housework until I am good. I am very upset about that (not!).

I told Robin that I can't ride the velococoaster with her and am really unhappy about that :teeth:. She said she will ride it alone and I will gladly watch from the ground:)

We have our big family Thanksgiving this week, then in 2 days my oldest grandson's birthday, and the very Next Day,
We leave for Minneapolis to stay at a park and fly for our flight on Monday:) It is coming up fast now and we are so excited:)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ruth

I think I’ve had more than one now……lol…..we closed Strong Water Bar last night, sitting with Fernando and one of the ladies who used to be F&B manager here, she visited and I’m blaming her for us not getting to bed till 1.30 this morning……

Hope your back feels better Ruth, and Velocicoaster, although it’s smooth, all that in and out of your seat won’t do it any good!

You‘ll get your packing done it time…..and yes, look forward to seeing you. We have plans now on the Monday night, but we mentioned not meeting up that night anyway, so we’ll aim for another day, but will sort that out in an email :)

Have a lovely week ahead :wave2:

80F today and it feels marvellous!!! Hot and sunny, absolutely perfect weather for us lizards!
Went to IOA this morning, the line to get in was crazy! Haven’t been in one of those for years, but it moved quickly and then we were in.
Back home as we have a lunch date, then we’ll see what to be up to next……I think the parade tonight…..but loving every second of our time so far!
IMG_3021.jpeg

I think I’ve had more than one now……lol…..we closed Strong Water Bar last night, sitting with Fernando and one of the ladies who used to be F&B manager here, she visited and I’m blaming her for us not getting to bed till 1.30 this morning……

Hope your back feels better Ruth, and Velocicoaster, although it’s smooth, all that in and out of your seat won’t do it any good!

You‘ll get your packing done it time…..and yes, look forward to seeing you. We have plans now on the Monday night, but we mentioned not meeting up that night anyway, so we’ll aim for another day, but will sort that out in an email :)

Have a lovely week ahead :wave2:
Yes, Monday the 27th would not work for several reasons. The most important one is that I would be a scary person after getting up at 0 dark hundred for our early morning flight, LOL. We will arrive hungry and tired, but glad to be there. After transporting to RPR, checking in, getting something to eat and change clothes, we will head out to the parks. I don't think we will last long and will probably be in bed by 9pm or earlier. That's how it usually works on travel day, especially with a very early wake up and flight:) I wouldnt' be a fun person to be around, LOL. Looking forward to the email when you can.

Nice to see you back! We arrive on the 6th for OI. I threw my passport and a few toiletries into my carry on. I need to plan my outfits soon, I don't need to bring as many clothes but the weather will be variable, plus late nights, so this will be totally different for me. If you have any suggestions, I'd love them as I tend to get chilly at night. Hope you and Tom have a lovely time!

After my friend left , I got back to looking at what I can do without and what I need. We plan park time as well as offsite fun, so I do need a mix of clothes as well as going out to dinner clothes. Men have it easier....I think!!
They really do. All around I think. My husband has 3 pairs of shoes that take him thru all life's adventures. A pair of tennis shoes, a pair of black dress shoes and a pair of brown dress shoes. I take more shoes than that on a week vacation. He can go a whole week with just a carry on's worth of clothes. I struggle doing 3 days with that. I've gotten better over time. Slightly. Our 1st Disney trip, the boys were 5 & 7. We were there 6 days. I think we had 2 carryons and 3 larger suitcases. The boys were at the age tho where they "had" to have their blanket and stuffed animal still to sleep. Now I think we can go with everyone having carry on's, personal items and one giant suitcase. We fly SW tho so bags are free. Sometimes I'll take an extra thats only partially full so that I don't have to worry about weight and have room for stuff I buy there. My biggest struggle is shoes and hair care products lol. Everyone needs sandals of some sort for the pool or rainy days, plus tennis shoes, and maybe an extra pair to switch out. And I have curly hair so I always bring my own stuff. And a diffuser attachment lol.

Yes, Monday the 27th would not work for several reasons. The most important one is that I would be a scary person after getting up at 0 dark hundred for our early morning flight, LOL. We will arrive hungry and tired, but glad to be there. After transporting to RPR, checking in, getting something to eat and change clothes, we will head out to the parks. I don't think we will last long and will probably be in bed by 9pm or earlier. That's how it usually works on travel day, especially with a very early wake up and flight:) I wouldnt' be a fun person to be around, LOL. Looking forward to the email when you can.

lol…..hungry and tired is never a good feeling!

I still can’t believe we went to bed at 9pm on Sunday night, but it had been a very late one night before…….I was led astray! The devil loves me…… :rotfl:

Is there anything better than Cariole having Carole’s Punch?!!

Love that you are one vacation and soaking up the sun. Enjoy every moment! 🤩🤗🥰

Yep, it was gorgeous!! Although there never seems to be “just one” for some reason…..

We sure are, it’s as hot as May or even September right now, not a complaint, absolutely loving it. 😁

Nice to see you back! We arrive on the 6th for OI. I threw my passport and a few toiletries into my carry on. I need to plan my outfits soon, I don't need to bring as many clothes but the weather will be variable, plus late nights, so this will be totally different for me. If you have any suggestions, I'd love them as I tend to get chilly at night. Hope you and Tom have a lovely time!

Thanks Aurora, it won’t be long till you’re here.

To be honest, so far we haven’t needed anything in the evenings, if we do the parade tonight we might take a top just in case, but we’ll see.

Weather is glorious after they had almost a week of bad weather according to everyone here, that rain when we landed seems a distant memory now. :)

They really do. All around I think. My husband has 3 pairs of shoes that take him thru all life's adventures. A pair of tennis shoes, a pair of black dress shoes and a pair of brown dress shoes. I take more shoes than that on a week vacation. He can go a whole week with just a carry on's worth of clothes. I struggle doing 3 days with that. I've gotten better over time. Slightly. Our 1st Disney trip, the boys were 5 & 7. We were there 6 days. I think we had 2 carryons and 3 larger suitcases. The boys were at the age tho where they "had" to have their blanket and stuffed animal still to sleep. Now I think we can go with everyone having carry on's, personal items and one giant suitcase. We fly SW tho so bags are free. Sometimes I'll take an extra thats only partially full so that I don't have to worry about weight and have room for stuff I buy there. My biggest struggle is shoes and hair care products lol. Everyone needs sandals of some sort for the pool or rainy days, plus tennis shoes, and maybe an extra pair to switch out. And I have curly hair so I always bring my own stuff. And a diffuser attachment lol.

lol…..men!!!

Oh that is a lot of stuff to bring! I understand the hair care products too, I do go to a Publix first morning and buy what I need, saves in the weight of the luggage as we bring so much stuff!!!

I think Tom has about 7 pairs of shoes, but only wears about three of them, and one of those are trainers. Sandals for here are my weakness, they’re not too heavy though.

We have 2 x 50lbs each going home……think I need to go buy a new suitcase……lol…….:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter