• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HNY - Recommended Room Number Requests

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi All,

I'm staying at Hotel New York in December. This is a standard room for 4 people.

Just wondering if anyone has any particular room numbers that they would recommend trying to request for any particular reasons please?.

Thank you

Iain

I'm interested in this as well as we have a standard room booked for December too. We've stayed other times in rooms facing the garden area at the Village side of the hotel and been happy with them but I'd like to know if there are other areas worth asking for.

Last month at HNY we had a standard room. I requested a room on a higher floor with a view towards the castle if possible.
Our room was in Midtown, 4th floor, this was the view from our window.
5186F996-108E-45A0-BBC0-B70EEEB78368-13804-0000044EE9B0B1E3_zps8d5a75a3.jpg

We had a similar view to the one above too - Midtown 7201.

On first glance you think it's just a car park view, but on looking to left we saw space mountain and the castle. It was fantastic to sit by the window and watch the fireworks for Dreams :goodvibes

We had room 5238 which had a lovely view over ice rink and lake towards Newport bay hotel, it was especially lovely at night with all the lights on! And for some strange reason the maid left slippers and robes and chocolate coins each night at turndown time! We booked standard room nothing else. The rooms are spacious and kept lovely and clean. Hope you get what you want ....this is our favourite hotel!!!

Last month at HNY we had a standard room. I requested a room on a higher floor with a view towards the castle if possible.
Our room was in Midtown, 4th floor, this was the view from our window.
5186F996-108E-45A0-BBC0-B70EEEB78368-13804-0000044EE9B0B1E3_zps8d5a75a3.jpg

Was this room close to the lifts? I'm trying to find a hotel layout plan thing but can't find one! :rotfl:

Our room 2237 was a lovely room but the view was of a brick wall & the roof of the conference centre. It was very close to the lifts though!

Thanks All,

The advice seems to be to request a room in Midtown, on a high floor and with a good view!.

Using Google Earth and looking at the Hotel, I actually fancy one of the rooms on the end of the main building, which (in theory) are dual-aspect windows - but I suspect they aren't "standard" rooms.

Thanks

Iain

We had one of the rooms on the left hand wing, looking from the lake side. It had dual aspect windows but we were on a low floor, so no view to speak of really. We could see the new back check area :rotfl2:

To be honest, unless you had a high floor, I wouldn't rush to stay there again. It was a looonnngggg walk to get to and from the room, as it's at the furthest possible point in the hotel.

I think ours was on 4 th floor and over looked the courtyard , so nothing so good really but did request a room near the lift as I knew at the end of the day it would be. Along walk to the room
I would have loved a view of the castle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter