Hmm should we give Tutto Italia a miss??

Treacle44

DIS Veteran
Having just read some so so recent reviews for Tutto Itslia, I'm wondering whether to change to one of the following:

Raglan Road
The Wave
Captains Grille
Via Napoli

Any advice greatly appreciated :0)

X

I'd go to Via Napoli. To be honest it depends what you want to eat. I'd keep the tutto ADR if I were you. I have an ADR in Aug and I cant wait! The reviews are mixed but im still going to try it. :-)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

goofyintoronto said:
I'd go to Via Napoli. To be honest it depends what you want to eat. I'd keep the tutto ADR if I were you. I have an ADR in Aug and I cant wait! The reviews are mixed but im still going to try it. :-)

wow my post is all over the place. Not much help am I? Lol!

I heard a lot of good things and the menu sounds pretty decent, we dropped Mama Melrose in place of Tutto's for october :)

We haven't tried the new version of TI, but I'd keep that if I were you. There must be a reason you chose it in the first place. We did eat there pre-refurbishment. I didn't think it was as awesome as the reviews here implied, but I would choose it over Raglan Road easily. We haven't eaten at the other restaurants on your list.

I am a firm believer in trying everything once. You are going to read opinions from loving it to hating it and everything in between.

With that said, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner there 2 years ago. I had done the Candlelight Processional Package. I had lobster ravioli and I thought it was very good.

The server was very good and attentive to my needs.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

I am a firm believer in trying everything once. You are going to read opinions from loving it to hating it and everything in between.

Amen.

My suggestion is if you want pizza and a lively setting then Via Napoli is the best choice. If you want good pasta, etc., and a little more quiet setting then TI. That is not to say that other items other than pizza are not good at Via Napoli, just that pizza is their specialty.

Sure wish we'd have given Tutto a miss. I can heat up my own canned Chef Boyardee at home.

GovieMom said:
Sure wish we'd have given Tutto a miss. I can heat up my own canned Chef Boyardee at home.

I felt the exact same way. Definitely tasted like chef boyardee. I much preferred Via Napoli. Raglan Road is also really good.

We are going to give it a try in October. We liked it prerefurbishment but can't stand Tony's and Mama Melrose is off our list now too. We do love Via Napoli and will be doing that too for pizza and salad. We like to try things for ourselves and make our own judgement. I do read the reviews but still make my own assessment. I say go for it and see what you and got family thinks. Then let me know lol

We went to Tutu last year. I cannot stress how truly awful it was, we are just two guys mid 20's, easy going and thrilled to be on vacation. We weren't looking for the world, we even enjoyed all the little quick service meals. The night we went to TI however, we had to actually leave the food on the plate and go get another meal after that, it was utter crap.

I don't even remember what I ordered at this point, but I do remember when my friend tried my Tiramisu, he said "God, thats offensive" and spit it out.

Good times...

Having just read some so so recent reviews for Tutto Itslia, I'm wondering whether to change to one of the following:

Raglan Road
The Wave
Captains Grille
Via Napoli

Any advice greatly appreciated :0)

X

I loved Tutto in November as did my friend. I'd give it a try if I were you. We are going back there in oct :)

We're giving TI a shot on our next visit. I know the reviews are mixed, but such is the nature of restaurant reviews.

I used to see the Chef Boy Ar Dee comments about Alfredo's too. That was my family's favorite restaurant of all time, not just in WDW. :earsboy:

We just returned and ate at Tutto 3 times! We had the best food and best service here which is why we kept returning. I loved the restaurant before the refurb/menu change and my favorites were taken off. However, the new menu is smaller but food is still delicious and the service is the best in any restaurant we dined in during our trip.

I am going to do a dining review but haven't started yet. Here are a few pics of some of the meals we enjoyed at Tutto:
Fettuccine Vecchia Roma - pancetta, parmesan cream
July2012Dis2225.jpg

Gnocchetti - Cavatelli pasta, sweet sausage ragu, tomato, pecorino
July2012Dis2224.jpg

Lasagna alla Bolognese (my daughter had cut it up before I took the photo)
July2012205.jpg

Spaghetti - with beef and veal meatballs and pomodoro sauce
July2012204.jpg

Tutto was our favorite restaurant last September. My favorite dish isn't on the new menu, but we're still going back. The service was also amazing!!

Tutto italia is ok. It's def not Alfredo's which was amazing so pissed they replaced it with TI Captains Grille btw is very good! Get the crab legs they were delish!

OK To me Olive Garden is Chef Boyardee which I never ate in my life because i am of Italian decent 100% actualy living in the mecca of Italian Cuisine

We went to Tutu last year. I cannot stress how truly awful it was, we are just two guys mid 20's, easy going and thrilled to be on vacation. We weren't looking for the world, we even enjoyed all the little quick service meals. The night we went to TI however, we had to actually leave the food on the plate and go get another meal after that, it was utter crap.

I don't even remember what I ordered at this point, but I do remember when my friend tried my Tiramisu, he said "God, thats offensive" and spit it out.

Good times...
WOW is about all i can say to that

Look is it the best Italian food i ever ate OBVI not.
Was it good yes
Would i go back Probably
I thought the server was great and the price was reasonable but you will read the same up and down reviews about every restaurant in WDW on this site so good luck

Haven't been to Tutto recently, but I would just give it a go. If not, Raglan Road is my favourite of those you suggested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter