Hmm..beginning to think I have planned WAY too much!

Am I bonkers?

Depends. Will the three kids under the age of 5 mind spending 4-6 hours per day sitting politely in restaurants instead of enjoying the parks?

I don't know, if I were only going to have 5 full and 2 partial days at Disney World (which is not very much time at all considering there are 4 parks, 2 water parks, and DTD), I wouldn't spend 30 hours of my vacation time in restaurants, especially not during the slow season when park hours are likely to be shorter.

I mean, for myself as an adult, 3 TS meals a day might be nice, although it would be a *lot* of food. But I don't know a lot of pre-school-age kids who could stand to have 3 restaurant meals a day every day, especially when they know that being in the restaurant is keeping them from riding Dumbo.

If I were you I'd plan on using no more than 2 credits a day for TS and having some of those days be at the 2-credit places, and counting on at least one CS meal a day. Maybe some days even use 2 credits for CS and only 1 TS. That's *if* you're determined to do the DxDP... with kids that small, I'd probably have gone with the QSDP and maybe done 2 TS meals OOP.

Last year we had the DxDP and had ADR's for all but 2 meals. We saved those 2 to get meals to take on the plane home. I think you're doing the right thing. Have a "magical" time.

I think that people are missing the fact that the OP stated that they are stayiing 18 nights.

I am very jealous 18 nights and the Poly!

Thanks so much. I now have a whole new list and spent hours (when I should have been sleeping) reading restuarant reviews. The more I read and review the more I see that 3 TS a day or 2 when doing the 2TS for a meal meals is not so realistic.

My friend seems to think that our days will go like this: Get up and stroll down to 'Ohanas for breakfast most days. Go to the parks for a few hours, have lunch then come back and nap and rest until getting ready for dinner then dinner and then fireworks. That isn't a lot of park time for me.

We only plan on going to DHS for partial on Sun, MK for two fulls days on Mon and Tues, AK for one full day on Wed, MK full day on Thurs and depart on friday. My family will go to Epcot for the partial day on Sat and then AK for the morning and part of afternoon on Sun.

We did not do the water parks as my hus is a paraplegic and I don't swim. DTD is not part of our plans for this trip. I hope my DD will at least rest some during the afternoons but I am not counting on it. I imagine we will go, go, go until she drops. My DH will spend a lot of time at the Poly as he is still adjusting to using a chair etc. He will probably go to the parks in the mornings, do Room Serv for lunch most days and rest until dinner.

Sorry I know this is the restuarant thread so I will stop chattering. I just love that everyone has so much to offer and I know so little. I truly want this to be magical for the three of us.

Thanks so much. I now have a whole new list and spent hours (when I should have been sleeping) reading restaurant reviews. The more I read and review the more I see that 3 TS a day or 2 when doing the 2TS for a meal meals is not so realistic.

My friend seems to think that our days will go like this: Get up and stroll down to 'Ohanas for breakfast most days. Go to the parks for a few hours, have lunch then come back and nap and rest until getting ready for dinner then dinner and then fireworks. That isn't a lot of park time for me.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: wishful thinking much? maybe send her the link for the Dis!

We only plan on going to DHS for partial on Sun, MK for two fulls days on Mon and Tues, AK for one full day on Wed, MK full day on Thurs and depart on friday. My family will go to Epcot for the partial day on Sat and then AK for the morning and part of afternoon on Sun.
Sounds good to me! Your DD will love the MK!

We did not do the water parks as my hus is a paraplegic and I don't swim. DTD is not part of our plans for this trip. I hope my DD will at least rest some during the afternoons but I am not counting on it. I imagine we will go, go, go until she drops. My DH will spend a lot of time at the Poly as he is still adjusting to using a chair etc. He will probably go to the parks in the mornings, do Room Serv for lunch most days and rest until dinner.
God bless your hubs for going despite his new found hardships! Do try to rest, it may make for more fun times!
Sorry I know this is the restuarant thread so I will stop chattering. I just love that everyone has so much to offer and I know so little. I truly want this to be magical for the three of us.

Don't be sorry! we are here to help! You should start a Pre-trip-report!!

We have the Deluxe Dining for our upcoming trip. I planned 14 of our 21 meal credits. I have no breakfasts booked or lunch for the day we arrive. Those will be played by ear.

Maybe cut down some of the meals by getting some two TS credit meals. This way it will be a bit "less" planned.

Okay after much internal (no one at home cares enough for an external) debate, here is my first draft.

Arrival Saturday around 2:30

Park - Epcot

Dinner Le Cellier

Sunday

Park - Epcot until friends arrive then Hollwood Studios

Breakfast - Akerhaus

Lunch - Coral Reef

Dinner - HELP! I NEED HELP!

Monday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - 'Ohanas

Lunch - Crystal Palace

Dinner - Hoop Doo Dee Musical Revue

Tuesday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Chef Mickey's

Lunch - CRT

Dinner - 1900 Park Far

After - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Wednesday

Park - Animal Kingdon

Breakfast - Tusker's Donald's Animal Safari

Lunch - No clue! HELP!

Dinner - Spirit of Aloha Show

Thursday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Cape May Cafe

Lunch - Snacks

Dinner - Mickey's Backyard BBQ

So what does everyone think? Keeping in mind that there will be three girls 4, 4, and 2. I tried to choose the dining experiences for them. Did I miss a absolute MUST Have?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Okay after much internal (no one at home cares enough for an external) debate, here is my first draft.

Park - Epcot

Dinner Le Cellier

Sunday

Breakfast - Akerhaus

Lunch - Coral Reef

Dinner - HELP! I NEED HELP!

Monday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - 'Ohanas

Lunch - Crystal Palace

Dinner - Hoop Doo Dee Musical Revue

Tuesday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Lunch - CRT

Dinner - 1900 Park Far

Wednesday

Park - Animal Kingdon

Breakfast - Tusker's Donald's Animal Safari

Lunch - No clue! HELP!

Thursday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Cape May Cafe

Lunch - Snacks

So what does everyone think? Keeping in mind that there will be three girls 4, 4, and 2. I tried to choose the dining experiences for them. Did I miss a absolute MUST Have?

Where can I get Mouse Manager? Thanks!! Also, where can a get a countdown if I can ask.

Your choices are really good. We really enjoyed Tutto Italia in Epcot if you are looking for ADR there. We did Akerhaus for breakfast and Coral Reef for lunch in the same day and it is alot of food. We actually ate at many of the same places that you want to try, most of the reviews are up in my dining report in my signature.

For countdown, just click on one is someone's signature and it will bring you to the website to create your own. Then after creating, copy the link and paste into your signature on Dis.

Have I mentioned how much I love these boards...:thumbsup2

Thanks for the links to Mouse Manager and the info on the tickers. Check out my first attempt below.

Now would anyone like to tackle helping me start a pretrip report?

Since you will be arriving on the earlier side, stop at the food court and use a snack credit or 2!
Park - Epcot

Dinner Le Cellier-yum

Sunday

Breakfast - Akerhausgreat idea!!

Lunch - Coral ReefI loved it here!

Dinner - HELP! I NEED HELP!maybe try to get a fantasmic package dinner?

Monday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - 'Ohanassounds fun!

Lunch - Crystal Palace

Dinner - Hoop Doo Dee Musical Revuewe loved this!

Tuesday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Lunch - CRT

Dinner - 1900 Park Far

I say drop 1900 for dinner and do a late lunch at CRT or an early dinner!
Wednesday

Park - Animal Kingdon

Breakfast - Tusker's Donald's Animal Safari I can't wait to try this one!

Lunch - No clue! HELP!Use those snack credits!! If not, try yak and yeti!

Thursday

Park - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast - Cape May CafeI suggest 1900 pf for breakast!

Lunch - Snacks

I think if you get a chance, you should try BOMA! I will have to look at this again, when I have more time, but my thoughts are in bold!
Have I mentioned how much I love these boards...:thumbsup2

Thanks for the links to Mouse Manager and the info on the tickers. Check out my first attempt below.

Now would anyone like to tackle helping me start a pretrip report?

I'll help ya!

Great linkedupmomma! Thanks so much. I am ready to start the report any time. And I will take the advice in getting a later CRT. I'll remove the 1900 and try it for breakfast instead. I looked at the Snack Credit thread. Oh my....some of those snacks equal more than a meal.

I've head great things about Boma and Jiko but not sure how I can fit them in. My friend isn't sure she wants to do the Hoop Dee Doo Revue so maybe we will have a night free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter