HM and Service Dog

Emagine

DVC Member
We might have our four legged friend with us in time for the Fall for our trip. We had quite the experiences with HM in the Spring, with 2 different days 2 different ways with our GAC.

How do they do a family with a SD? Is the dog put through the exit at the stretching room then into the mass crowd to be stepped on like my kids were in the Spring?

Wondering what experiences you had. My kids like this ride but it was really a turn off in the Spring.

My experience with my service dog and HM is that I go through the regular line, I then ask when we reach the front if we can go in last and if I can stand by the cm when he enters. This allows me to be behind everyone else. At some point the cast member goes to the other door but I stay put, allowing me to be last out and behind the crowd. I then get in front of my kids and ex husband, they sort of block the next group a little so I don't get pushed to much. When I get to the front, they stop the escalator since my SD can not go on them and I enter the ride, last time I was there the escalators out were not working so we exited out like everyone else, if they are working we ask to come back and do the elevator backwards.

Of course this is in Disney but what I can remember it is the exact same as WDW, if not hopefully someone else speaks up. Have a great first trip with SD.

They may allow you to skip the stretching room and go down the hallway, then back outside, around then back in again. Once you are in again, you will follow a CM to the wheelchair entrance which is the unloading dock.. the way it always was... so you will be heading right back outside. They will stop the moving walkway that way for you, at least that is how I would think they would do it. Unless they allow you to go through the stretching room and come out with the mass of people and then outside to the unloading dock :confused3 If you are not comfortable doing it that way, just tell them you need to skip it. I know I cannot do the stretching room and emerge out from there period..

There's no elevator in WDW.

Are you kidding, no elevator, that is the best part of the ride. So there is no man hanging himself way up in the ceiling. Boy being blind and having to rely on others does have it's draw backs, my kids never told me what the difference was between Disneyland and WDW. I knew the enterance was difference, but honestly can not remember the rest, I missed it last vacation, baby fell asleep so I sat it out so it has been three years. I guess now I understand about the stretching room, I thought everyone was talking about the elevator, and saying I never really had a problem if the cast members know I am blind they make sure I stand in the right place and don't get stomped on, if it is different that would make more sense why others have so much trouble.

Are you kidding, no elevator, that is the best part of the ride. So there is no man hanging himself way up in the ceiling. Boy being blind and having to rely on others does have it's draw backs, my kids never told me what the difference was between Disneyland and WDW. I knew the enterance was difference, but honestly can not remember the rest, I missed it last vacation, baby fell asleep so I sat it out so it has been three years. I guess now I understand about the stretching room, I thought everyone was talking about the elevator, and saying I never really had a problem if the cast members know I am blind they make sure I stand in the right place and don't get stomped on, if it is different that would make more sense why others have so much trouble.

They still have the stretching and the hanging man, but instead of lowering the floor like in California they just raise the ceiling.

Yes thank you. I was on my Nook when I wrote my first reply and it's a pain to type on.

We went in via the stretching room with everyone else and then followed the crowd to the attraction. Skye wasn't stepped on as I kept her against the wall.

We had a few different experiences. One time we were told to go through the alternate entrance and skipped the stretching room , the other the regular line .

I was worried about the dog getting hurt in the stretching room , but I also headed for the wall and my DD and I kept him between us. I also had a glow necklace on the dog. He was fine thankfully.

Our dog was a little suprised when the ride tipped back . He didnt move though , just lifted his head and looked at me , then laid back down . I think he really enjoyed just getting out of the heat .

We had a few different experiences. One time we were told to go through the alternate entrance and skipped the stretching room , the other the regular line .

I was worried about the dog getting hurt in the stretching room , but I also headed for the wall and my DD and I kept him between us. I also had a glow necklace on the dog. He was fine thankfully.

Our dog was a little suprised when the ride tipped back . He didnt move though , just lifted his head and looked at me , then laid back down . I think he really enjoyed just getting out of the heat .

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Both our dogs would look at us like "you sure about this..?"

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Both our dogs would look at us like "you sure about this..?"

lol Last trip was my first time ever on the Spaceship Earth ride. I remember the cast members warning me about the smoke smell and it might alarm some dogs. I was not sure what to expect since my dog does some scent work. I was actually worried he would freak out. He didnt even pay attention to the smell but he wasnt to sure about the backward tilt there. He just let it kinda roll him over on my leg into this silly positon and he just laid there frozen looking up at me with his paw kinda sticking up . It was so funny ! A few belly rubs and he was good though!

lol Last trip was my first time ever on the Spaceship Earth ride. I remember the cast members warning me about the smoke smell and it might alarm some dogs. I was not sure what to expect since my dog does some scent work. I was actually worried he would freak out. He didnt even pay attention to the smell but he wasnt to sure about the backward tilt there. He just let it kinda roll him over on my leg into this silly positon and he just laid there frozen looking up at me with his paw kinda sticking up . It was so funny ! A few belly rubs and he was good though!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I can just imagine the face!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter