• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

historical satellite photos of WDW?

VA_mouseman

"Marching Along, We're Adventurers!"
Hello all .... don't know if this is the best board to post this question, but I'll start here.

I'm looking for historical satellite photos of the WDW property, if available. I have a long fascination with the growth of WDW since '71 (additional parks and resorts, of course).

I know that the current imagery (google maps for example) has a ton of detail, but it's all relatively current.

Are there any satellite photos that would show what WDW looked like in 1971, when the MK opened? Or the mid 80's, after Epcot? Or the 90's when there was the extended growth in resorts, etc.

Thanks!

moderators - feel free to move this thread to another forum if necessary!

On Google Earth if you click on the icon on the top that looks like a clock, you will be in historical imagery and there will be a bar that you can scroll back to several dates between 1995 and now. The quality on some of the images is not as good as others but it is pretty cool to see the changes, most notably Animal Kingdom, BLT, and the change from Disney Institute into SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter