Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs

We are in the midst of planning a visit for October; its the only time we haven't been to the parks, to see the Halloween decor. If we stick to the present plan, we will be in DLR Oct 9 thru 19. The shorter hours don't bother us and the lack of shows and such is okay too. We do like smaller crowds, so its all a trade-off.

My questions is: what is the best guess for when IASW goes down for the xmas layover. I looked at 2011 and it wasn't until Oct 24. Somehow I was thinking it was earlier than this. How long does it take for the changeover?

Also also BTMRR, Al Lutz predicted months ago that it would receive a refurb this fall. I haven't heard if this is still a possibility, although I understand any refurb is a possibility and things are subject to change.

Just trying to get an educated guess here. Some rides I wouldn't mind missing out on (after all, the new Carsland and BVS will add a lot to our trip) but would hate to miss a cruise through IASW and a ride (or 10!) on our favorite Frontierland ride, BTMRR.

Thanks for any input you great DISers might have! :flower3:

We are in the midst of planning a visit for October; its the only time we haven't been to the parks, to see the Halloween decor. If we stick to the present plan, we will be in DLR Oct 9 thru 19. The shorter hours don't bother us and the lack of shows and such is okay too. We do like smaller crowds, so its all a trade-off.

My questions is: what is the best guess for when IASW goes down for the xmas layover. I looked at 2011 and it wasn't until Oct 24. Somehow I was thinking it was earlier than this. How long does it take for the changeover?

Also also BTMRR, Al Lutz predicted months ago that it would receive a refurb this fall. I haven't heard if this is still a possibility, although I understand any refurb is a possibility and things are subject to change.

Just trying to get an educated guess here. Some rides I wouldn't mind missing out on (after all, the new Carsland and BVS will add a lot to our trip) but would hate to miss a cruise through IASW and a ride (or 10!) on our favorite Frontierland ride, BTMRR.

Thanks for any input you great DISers might have! :flower3:
IASW is down for 2-3 weeks. It usually comes back up with the opening of Christmas season in mid-November. BTMRR? Who knows?

Wow! Great thread Hydroguy! I had no idea the park was open until 3am on New Years! Thanks for taking the time to post all of the info:thumbsup2

Last year, the parks were open late hours from Jaunary 2nd up to and including January 6th. This was not necessarily the case with previous years.

This year, New Years Day is on a Tuesday so our school and I assume many others will be on Christmas Holidays/Winter Break until Monday, January 7th.
Therefore, do most people think it is likely that there will be late hours up until January 7th?

Why is POTC projected to be closed from Sept. 7-Nov. 23 this year? What on earth could close that ride for almost three months?

Since this was bumped, I checked out the projected Thanksgiving week info for this year. Under the DCA section has this:

Extra Magic Hour: 3:00pm, 3:50pm, 4:40pm

Anybody know what this is?

ETA: Ok looks like a formatting issue and those times are actually a continuation of the Phineas & Ferb times & it's just saying there is EMH at DCA that day.

Why is POTC projected to be closed from Sept. 7-Nov. 23 this year? What on earth could close that ride for almost three months?

I think that is carry over from several years ago when pirates had a major overhaul, kind of like BTMRR is doing right now. At least I hope that is what it is. Otherwise we miss one of our favorite attractions when we go in september.:confused3

That was done in 2011, because we were there and so disappointed not to be able to ride it. I would be surprised if that was for this year.

Well now that I look at the post, I am not sure. It says its for this fall, and we are going back during the same time 10/30-11/5, and we missed it two years ago, so if we miss it again, I will be (along with DD, DH, and friends) so disappointed!

The refurb of POTC seams to be removed now (along with the others, but I would think that IASW will be down for the holiday overlay) I hope it's stays this way as we are going in November.

I know the hours shown for October 2013 are just projected hours, but why is DL projected to be open until midnight Tues Oct 22 and Wed Oct 23, and DCA open until 11pm on Mon Oct 21?

Hi All, sorry to ask maybe a really obvious question but I'm only new to this forum ;) Are the refurb dates shown on the original post for Disneyland or World?? Trying to plan a once in a lifetime trip to Disneyland in Sept 2014 - just hope I'm reading the right information :) Thankyou!!

Hi All, sorry to ask maybe a really obvious question but I'm only new to this forum ;) Are the refurb dates shown on the original post for Disneyland or World?? Trying to plan a once in a lifetime trip to Disneyland in Sept 2014 - just hope I'm reading the right information :) Thankyou!!

The title of the thread is "DLR" which is short for Disneyland Resort. So you are in the right place! :)

Along those lines, I would suggest that if your dates are flexible September is not a very good month for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to DLR. For more info see "What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889

:wizard:

We will be at DL for two nights starting on 9/03. I know that the hours have not officially been posted but I am surprised that this thread show both parks open late on both nights. Is this because it us Labor Day week? I expected a drop off on the day after Labor Day in hours and crowds.

We will be at DL for two nights starting on 9/03. I know that the hours have not officially been posted but I am surprised that this thread show both parks open late on both nights. Is this because it us Labor Day week? I expected a drop off on the day after Labor Day in hours and crowds.

The park hours for Sept 2014 are not published yet by Disney. That will not happen until late July or early August. Since Labor Day is Sept 1 then expect park hours to go to off season on Sept 2. If you are looking at past years look at the week after Labor Day.

:wizard:

I love this list of historical hours, but sometimes I have a hard time finding it when I need it. It would be very useful as a link on the Planning page for DLR. The Park Hours link only lists the current month, but a separate Historical Park Hours would be nice too! (Or maybe the link is there and I just can't find it.) Thanks for putting it together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter