Hilton's not family friendly for 5

kandb

DIS Veteran
We usually stay in Marriott's when we travel but I also like Hiltons. The only problem is that Hilton Hotels rarely sleep a family of 5. They usually just have 2 queen size beds and rarely allow a roll-away. Has anyone else noticed this?

We usually stay in Marriott's when we travel but I also like Hiltons. The only problem is that Hilton Hotels rarely sleep a family of 5. They usually just have 2 queen size beds and rarely allow a roll-away. Has anyone else noticed this?

There are two Hilton Grand Vacations properties in Orlando that would offer 2 bedroom suites. That would easily accommodate your family of 5.

We are a family of 5 (all adults now), Hilton Diamond. We love Embassy Suites and Doubletree Suites. They have living room, kitchenette, bath, bedroom and usually an extra sink with 2 TVs, 2 beds and a sofabed. Embassy has huge cooked to order breakfast is huge savings for us and then the manager's reception with drinks and snacks. We have stayed at almost all but one Embassy in Orlando.

We have also noticed that it is a little difficult to find accommodation for a family of 5.
We have been looking for a suite style hotel with 2 bedrooms, 3 beds and a sofa bed and to complicate things I prefer an interior corridor hotel...not the easiest to find.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

We have also noticed that it is a little difficult to find accommodation for a family of 5.
We have been looking for a suite style hotel with 2 bedrooms, 3 beds and a sofa bed and to complicate things I prefer an interior corridor hotel...not the easiest to find.

The Residence Inn SeaWorld has that room configuration.

I think that's what the Condo style hotels are really popular. Sheraton Vistana, lake BUena Vista Resort and Spa we have used but there are loads.

Homewood Suites 2 bedroom suites have a bedroom with a king bed, a bedroom with 2 beds (queens, I think, but they could be fulls), and a hide-a-bed couch in the living area. Plus there are 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. We prefer Hilton because the layout at Homewood Suites is great for a big family. Marriott's Residence Inn just has one bed in each of the bedrooms in their 2 bedroom suites. We passed up being a family of 5 a long time ago, though. We're having #6 in a few months and will be a family of 8.

Marriott's Residence Inn just has one bed in each of the bedrooms in their 2 bedroom suites.

The Seaworld location has one bed (a king, I think) in the first bedroom, two queens in the second bedroom, and a queen pull-out in the living room. One of my bosses just stayed there in December in that exact room type.

If you're talking about staying near WDW, I read that the Best Western Lake Buena Vista offers a rollaway bed, so I wonder if all their hotels do.
We also have stayed a the Hampton and needed a rollaway bed which they provided, but again not sure they all do.

For Walt Disney World - have you checked out the Double Tree Suites in Downtown Disney?

They do sleep up to 6 and are 540 sq ft.

Last week we stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites. Our room had new carpet, couch and décor. Full kitchen and a separate bedroom with king size bed and a full size closet, hid a bed couch and plenty of room for a roll away. It was located on Palm Pkwy just 8 minutes from DTD. And interior hallways. Free breakfast with full size Mickey waffles

I think the Doubletree Suites in DTD has a few 2 bedrooms (just had a big renovation, very nice). While not an interior hall check Staybridge Suites LBV just outside DTD. Just had a major renovation, looks great. We had a king bedroom, a 2 double bed bedroom and sofabed. Kitchen, living room. Great breakfast buffet and good location.

Homewood Suites 2 bedroom suites have a bedroom with a king bed, a bedroom with 2 beds (queens, I think, but they could be fulls), and a hide-a-bed couch in the living area. Plus there are 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. We prefer Hilton because the layout at Homewood Suites is great for a big family. Marriott's Residence Inn just has one bed in each of the bedrooms in their 2 bedroom suites. We passed up being a family of 5 a long time ago, though. We're having #6 in a few months and will be a family of 8.

Totally forgot about Homewood Suites and I just spent a week at the one by the Convention Center last spring. We have stayed at these many times and they not only have a kitchen but a breakfast buffet every day and a dinner buffet four nights a week. One night we had a fish dinner that was delicious. Steamed veggies, salad bar and fresh baked rolls. There is one at LBV and has interior halls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter