Hilton Properties near DTD

dduncan6er

Earning My Ears
I've been traveling quite a bit for work this year and have accumulated quite a few Hilton points. My fiancé and I are planning a trip in December and are hoping to stay somewhere in walking distance from DTD. Does anyone know what Hilton properties are walking distance from DTD?

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is very close. Doubletree Suites by Hilton LBV is walkable, but a bit farther along Hotel Blvd,; maybe 20-30 minutes walk (depending on speed).

DTD is now DS, or Disney Springs.
There are three Hiltons on property at DS easy walks.
Hilton, Doubletree Suites and the Buena Vista Palace (a new Hilton under major renovation).

Stayed at them all.
Hilton is across the street, easy walk, an okay Hilton, not nice like the newer ones. Needs renovation but for points just fine.
Buena Vista, while across the street you must go to corner and cross, less than 10 minutes. Under major renovation, just stayed, room fine but no other amenities.
Doubletree is the farthest and never took us longer than 15 minutes to walk it. Suites renovated a few years ago, love them.
My choice of the three is Doubletree unless one of the other will give you special point deals.

Check www.disneyspringshotels.co and Mousesavers.com for info about the hotels.
When looking at Hilton site play with days, we found when using points if we added one more day to our trip, especially Doubletree the number of points needed nightly dropped.

Hilton Bonnet Creek is very nice, right next to property with shuttles but not walking distance.

There are lots of Hiltons within 10 minutes of Disney Springs and the parks by car. They usually require much less points. But if you goal is not to drive or take taxi/uber then the above are your choices.

* If you are driving in know that some have parking fees that your points will not cover.

Last edited:
These are all Category 6 hotels. If you're traveling outside the Holiday period, you'd be far better off paying cash -- if you wait for a sale, all three properties could be had for less than $80/night (including the resort fee). You'll still pay for parking charges on an award stay. But a quick run down...

The Hilton Orlando LBV has the best location, just a few minutes walk from DS. If you have Gold or Diamond status, you'll receive access to the Executive Lounge (only open for breakfast), which features a very good continental spread, or you may upgrade to the restaurant buffet for $7pp. Select rooms feature incredible views of DS and if you have status, you'll likely be upgraded to one. The property was built in 1983 and completely rebuilt in the early 200s and has been continually improved upon since -- it literally looks like a modern version of its 2001 self, which is not a great thing, but not a bad thing either.

DoubleTree Suites LBV is the furthest DS-area property from DS, but if you're traveling in December, it should be a pleasant 25 minute (or less) walk. The rooms are all-suites and have been recently remodeled -- they're very nice and typical DT. Don't expect much of a view. If you have status, you'll receive a continental breakfast in their restaurant or you can upgrade to the full hot buffet for $5 (although most servers will offer you the full hot spread without the upcharge).

The Buena Vista Palace was the nicest, classiest Disney-area hotel when it opened in 1983. It never performed to expectations and minimal money was put into it over the years. The Blackstone Group acquired the property in 2005, and then acquired the entire Hilton Corporation in 2007 but despite the common ownership, it wasn't suppose to be this year (and after Blackstone divested more than half its Hilton interest) that it started a loose affiliation with the Hilton. I stayed here for a conference last year, and the hotel didn't look much different than it did in the 1980s, although most of the shops, restaurants and amenities were gone. But the property is being completely re-built right now and renovations are expected to be complete by the end of the year. Rumor has it that it will be flagged as a Hilton, but no word on what will become of the incumbent Hilton-flagged property. People with status are reporting receiving their choice of a DS view or an Epcot (with Epcot fireworks) view, as well as a continental breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Allegedly, it's of much higher quality that the other two properties.

So if you're going in December, I'd book the Buena Vista Palace myself (it's across the street from DS, but unless you jaywalk, it takes a little longer to get to DS than the Hilton). But my #1 choice in the area is the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

There are seven hotels located adjacent to Disney Springs. Three of them are Hilton properties. Here is a map I created for an old thread.

dspringsmap.jpg

Key:
1. DoubleTree Guest Suites
2. B Resort
3. Holiday Inn Disney Springs
4. Hilton Lake Buena Vista
5. Buena Vista Palace (a Hilton property)
6. Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
7. Best Western Lake Buena Vista
8. Crossroads Shopping Area (off Disney property)
9. Disney Springs West Side
10. Disney Springs Marketplace
11. Cirque du Soleil Theatre

Link to this Bing Map: http://binged.it/28U0U9V

Like HopperFan, I've stayed at all three. The DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista is substantially better than the other options. All the rooms are suites and all the employees are great. I've stayed there at least 35 nights in the past several years and I've never had any major problem. Any minor issue (like once when I checked in and didn't have an iron in the room) gets fixed with a single phone call. When I stayed there in May, I timed the walk. From the edge of Disney Springs to my hotel room was 18 minutes.

I've stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista probably 25 nights. It's a great location but a very average hotel. Most of the employees come off as indifferent. I've experienced lots of things that shouldn't happen. (A broken toilet that took 4 calls and 1.5 hours to get fixed. Housekeeping ignoring "Do Not Disturb" signs. Being woken up at 6:50am by groundskeepers using leaf blowers within 25 feet of guest room windows.) At this point, I won't return unless the rate including the resort fee is under $100.

My only stay at the Buena Vista Palace was my worst hotel experience in decades. It was right after their renovation started. I checked out after one night and they basically comped that night. Personally, I wouldn't even consider returning until the renovation is complete.

Thank you all for the insights. My father is a grand vacation club member and we are trying to decide which one to stay at in January. Three rooms, six adults, one preschooler, one toddler.

I keep flip-flopping on the better option. We are not planning to rent a car.

Thank you all for the insights. My father is a grand vacation club member and we are trying to decide which one to stay at in January. Three rooms, six adults, one preschooler, one toddler.

We really like the Hilton Lake Buena Vista for shorter stays. They often have cash + points option available that helps to stretch the points.

They have a bus, we haven't used. I did hear a family complaining re long wait. I'd suggest checking out reviews on tripadvisor for updated info.

IMO has a cool retro feel, lively lounge and I think the service is on par with most Hilton properties. Like the grounds, it seems quieter with less kids about. We appreciate the easy to walk to DTD & not too far to walk to crossroads shopping center.

Nice to be able to pick our room 24 hrs prior as with other honor bookings via the app.

Our last visit we were thrilled to be upgraded to one of the huge suites with an expansive balcony & DTD/FW view.

We are doing Hilton Lake Buena Vista :) My dad worked out the points. Our tradition is always going to DTD (now DS) the evening we get in. This way we just have to cross a pedestrian bridge.

It's my first time at an off-site property since I was 7.

Parc Soliel and Tuscany are further from Disney Springs (you would not be able to walk), but they both are very nice. If he has points, he can use them there. We've stayed at both on our HGVC points and liked them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter