• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Options?

candleonwater

The Tag Fairy has been around forever
We haven't stayed offsite since 1998, and usually stay in one of the Deluxe resorts. That being said, for our upcoming trip, we decided to stay offsite because we are only in town for 3 nights and only one day at a Disney park. As we are Hilton Honors members, we are currently booked into the Hilton next to Downtown Disney. Didn't realized there's also the Hilton Bonnet Creek. How do the two compare?

Does the Hilton DD really give you the extra magic hours? And is this really a factor during spring break? If I read the schedule correctly, Magic Kingdom is open (the day we are going) 7am - 1am... Is it really walkable to DD?

Would love to hear pros and cons on both hotels... and is there possibly ANY reason I should book one of the value resorts (roughly the same price) instead?

To expand on the idea of a value resort... Pop Century is only $110 cheaper for the entire stay, but wondering if it would be a fun stay? My daughter and her best friend (coming with us) are seniors in high school, last spring break. Last value I stayed at was the ASSports. Does Pop have a food court? Is it too big a resort?

Diamond Hilton here and we have stayed at many in Orlando. Just comparing the two you mentioned and the Doubletree which is a DTD hotel too ...

Hilton DTD:
- Yes it gets EMH, are you prepared to stay past 1 am?
- Yes it is the closest to DTD and you can walk right across the street
- If you are on points you will not have pay resort fee (@$22) but if you have a car you will pay for parking (@$17)
- You have the DTD Hotel bus system to get to parks, but if you drive you will pay the $17 to park at MK
- Most reports are the rooms are still in need of renovation, I know many years ago my room was needed some TLC
- Decor is somewhat dated
- Nice traditional pool area with cushioned lounges, peaceful, relaxing, nothing special

Hilton Bonnet Creek:
- Fairly new hotel, very well appointed and decorated
- Within the Bonnet Creek property so drive goes right on to Disney property between DTD and CBR
- If you are on points you will not have pay resort fee (@$22) but if you have a car you will pay for parking (@$17)
- They have a free shuttle system to the parks, driving to park you pay
- Very nice pool area with lazy river and all the perks, making the resort fee worth it
- No EMH if you were going to stay that late

Doubletree Suites:
- Resort is a DTD hotel at the far end but still walkable to DTD
- No resort fee here if you are paying, but there is a parking fee (@$17)
- Part of the DTD Hotel bus system, driving to park you pay
- Just completed a beautiful renovation and the suites are very nice
- We like the suites for the privacy and the rooms are side by side so both have full wall of windows
- Suite includes larger fridge and microwave, table and chairs and full living room space (2 tvs)
- Nice pool area, fine for relaxing but nothing special
- Easy exit out to off property and I-4

POP:
- One of our favorites and our favorite value resort
- It is not a big footprint and farthest walk is 6-8 minutes
- We prefer standard room lake view, it's very pretty and peaceful (5 minute to bus etc)
- We have never had any noise of any kind in this area of resort. One 12 day stay never saw another person on our floor. Just returned from 7 day stay and while we could tell folks staying all around us rarely heard a peep.
- Avoid the 80's and 90's as school groups get put in that area
- Beds are doubles
- Fun decor and if you stay walk all over the resort to check it out
- Across bridge from AoA so you need to walk there and see imagineering at it's best
- POP has a decent food court and AoA has a great food court better than some moderates, food on real plates and silverware
- Buses to the parks AND DTD
- Extra Magic Hours
- Mini Fridge
- If you are flying then airport to hotel transportation is free, is that factored in.

Since you say POP is $110 less I am assuming you will pay at the Hilton hotels. Is it $110 less once you add the Resort Fee and Parking Fees?

Our view - many times. 50's Lake View

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

Last edited:
We haven't stayed offsite since 1998, and usually stay in one of the Deluxe resorts. That being said, for our upcoming trip, we decided to stay offsite because we are only in town for 3 nights and only one day at a Disney park. As we are Hilton Honors members, we are currently booked into the Hilton next to Downtown Disney. Didn't realized there's also the Hilton Bonnet Creek. How do the two compare?

Does the Hilton DD really give you the extra magic hours? And is this really a factor during spring break? If I read the schedule correctly, Magic Kingdom is open (the day we are going) 7am - 1am... Is it really walkable to DD?

Would love to hear pros and cons on both hotels... and is there possibly ANY reason I should book one of the value resorts (roughly the same price) instead?

I don't know of a date that MK is open to general public at 7am. Those are usually always extra magic hours, that you would be entitled to at the Hilton Dtd but not HBC. Holiday times like Christmas, Easter, July 4th are the only times I will not stay offsite and I consider any resort no behind Disney gates to be offsite during holidays. I like being able to get in the parks before they are crowded.

You can walk to DTD from Hilton DTD. All the above statements are accurate the rooms are a little dated but have always been clean. We are Hilton Honors Diamond and always received an upgrade here so no complaints. We use it for quick park trips when we want EMH but not deluxe prices.

We have stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek multiple times and love it -- absolutely love the pool and lazy river, as well as the Bonnet Creek location. Last year, we also stayed a couple nights at the Hilton Downtown Disney (discounted stay to listen to their timeshare spiel) -- and while it was nice to walk across the street to DD, it left us quite cold by comparison. As noted above, the pool was fine but nothing special and the room and interior public areas struck us a bit tired. Between those two properties, I would opt for Hilton Bonnet Creek in a heartbeat, just for the pool complex, though that doesn't factor in the potential value to you of EMH which doesn't matter much for us -- YMMV, especially at spring break time.

Good luck making the call.

Of the two Hiltons I would lean towards DTD
-EMH
-access to Disney buses at DTD (if kids are going out on their own much easier for them to get back)
-restaurants at DTD
- The Disney Value resort room will be smaller so just need to think about your sleeping arrangements and comfort

I thought DTD buses didn't go to theme parks so people don't park there for free then go to parks.
The Hilton at DTD does have EMH but it does not use the Disney bus system, it's the Good Neighbor Hotels bus system.
It picks up in the back of the hotel and it is on a set schedule and drops off at the parks at the other bus area not the Disney bus area.

If you are Hilton Diamond or Gold I believe you get free breakfast at either Hilton, the DTD one is in the diamond lounge and is limited.
The free breakfast at Bonnet Creek is in the restaurant and is much better.
If you are going to swim with kids the pool at Bonnet Creek is better than many WDW pools, much better then POP pool.

I thought DTD buses didn't go to theme parks so people don't park there for free then go to parks.
The Hilton at DTD does have EMH but it does not use the Disney bus system, it's the Good Neighbor Hotels bus system.
It picks up in the back of the hotel and it is on a set schedule and drops off at the parks at the other bus area not the Disney bus area.

If you are Hilton Diamond or Gold I believe you get free breakfast at either Hilton, the DTD one is in the diamond lounge and is limited.
The free breakfast at Bonnet Creek is in the restaurant and is much better.
If you are going to swim with kids the pool at Bonnet Creek is better than many WDW pools, much better then POP pool.

The don't. The buses at DTD only go to Disney resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter