• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hilton head thanksgiving

mickeyworld

DIS Veteran
we are going to HHI for thanksgiving :cool1: Family of three generations! Any recommendations, or ideas are more than welcome!!!!!

See ya there! It's gonna be our first Thanksgiving at HHI, too. I asked about Thanksgiving day dinner and the resort has one they'll deliver, I think we'll get something in the mail about a month in advance. Or you can go to Piggly-Wiggly (unless you're like DH, who insists he won't eat Thanksgiving dinner from Piggly-Wiggly). The advantage of P-W is that it's alot cheaper and they will have it ready earlier in the day. However, as DH pointed out, they don't deliver. SOmeone also mentioned Kenny B's, but I'm not familiar with that. I'd like to know what activities are offered that week. Anyone with experience there?

The activities are pretty much the same as they are the rest of the year...

Crafts for kids, kids' night out, teen night out, HHI tour, kayaking, dolphin excursion, campfires, behind the ears tour, and I can't even think of what else.

Since the resort is usually pretty full (till Friday anyhow, when the points go up), there will probably be a few extras as well.

Oh, and of course, our family favorite, the flag football game on the beach Thanksgiving morning!!!!

For the past several years, we've organized a DVC member/DIS get-together on Wednesday night at the beach house. Guess it's about time to start thinking of setting that up again! Watch for a post in the future, and keep the night before Thanksgiving open! :goodvibes

We aren'at DVC memebrs, just Disneyaddicted- over 20 visits and 3 cruises. Could kick myself for not buying DVC 10 years ago ... oh well. I look forward to talking to youall for advice. We will have a 16yrDD, 12yrDD, me and my mom (gma,of course). I know we will cook our own Thanksgiving Dinner but can't wait to participate in anything fun! :cool1:
will watch for threads- where is the best to look for info as the day gets closer?

This will be our second Thanksgiving at HHI, and I am really pumped! I believe we had a "southern snow ball fight" the last time we were there at Thanksgiving, the kids thought it was a blast, (so did their Dad!!).

I vote for the resort preparing and delivering dinner, it is a bit pricey, but last year we came home from the beach, got cleaned up and dinner arrived, it was worth every penny! I also really like the deep fried turkey!!

Although we have been to HHI on several occasions, this will be the first time with a Saturday night stay, so I hope B'Lou is doing his hour long show. I have only seen the abbreviated version done during the week. He is my favorite performer in all of Disney!

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter