• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head Room Location, beach, bikes and teens

redware

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions about Hilton Head.

1. We wanted to have a great view of the water. Where is a location of a 2 bedroom villa that would have this? Is there any room where you can see the ocean in the distance? We would love to see dolphins from out balcony as pictured on another site. Suggestions for a room or building number?

2. I read where the shuttle to the beach may end at 4 pm. Can you drive your car to the beach house if we do not want to walk or bike?

3. For 4 people, where is the cheapest place to rent bikes for 4 days?

4. What are good activities at Disney HH for teen boys, ages 14 and 18?

5. Are there things to see on Hilton Head that are not behind gates? How much per car is it to get into Harbour Town?

TIA Diane

the hh resort is not on the ocean side of hh. As for the bikes the do rent them right at the resort. you can also rent them on the way to the beach house. You can ride bikes to the beach house or walk, it is about 2 miles. If you don't mind the noise i would request a room by the pool. We were at hh in july last year and we loved it!!!

You can get a Broad Creek View (marsh view I call it) but the resort is on the opposite side of the island from the ocean. The view of the dolphins from the resort was taken from the third floor balcony of Live Oak Lodge.

It cost $5.00 to get to Harbour Town. It is on the south end of the island, and you don't have to go there if you don't want too. It is primarily a residental area, except that some of the activities on the island are centered there, primarily some of the boat trips. The main golf course on the island is also there, but I can't afford $224 green fees.

I posted a list of bike rental companies in the last few weeks, along with a list of teen activities. A quick search of the message board should turn these up.

Enjoy.

ttowery@memphis.edu
DVC Hilton Head Member since 1997
My DVC Hilton Head Resort Page

Yes, be sure to check the above mentioned previous posting about bikes. We rented from Disney for the convenience. Whenever we had a problem, we just took them over by the pool and they gave us another one. When we went to the beach, some dolphins would come to within 10 feet of the beach to feed. You'll definitely see schools just offshore. There's a pirate miniature golf near there and the kids could probably ride bikes all over the island and on the beaches. There is parking at the beach house. There are two parking lots and you could also park under the beach house. The nature tours would be educational and fun for most ages as would the fishing and crabbing class.
Enjoy!!!!

there is (at least used to be) a good Mexican rest. across the resort. eat outside and look at all the yachts. there is a pretty good mini-golf and arcade with a small waterpark. they have a program your own roller coaster like at Disney Quest. As for your teen boys, their favorite activity will be girl watching!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter