Hilton Head Island!! Woo Hoo!!! tell me..tell me!

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
We had been booked at HHI but have since switched our reservations to WDW. Keep the tips coming though because we will be staying at HHI someday!!

Last edited:
I just booked our first ever stay at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort!! :cool1:

We arrive on Mother's Day!! May 10 -14th !!

So tell me... what building should I request?! How are the room views?

What are your family traditions at HHI??

What size room?

There are dedicated 2BR villas in all buildings except the main lodge/check-in area.

Your view options are Marsh, pool and interior.

Marsh View villas will have a view overlooking Broad Creek. We have enjoyed watching dolphin, sea otter, Osprey, manatee and a wide variety of shore birds from Marsh View villas.

Pool View has only a few buildings with that option and all balconies in those buildings look out over the pool. There are only dedicated 2BR villas in this group.

Interior View villas will have views of the island and other buildings from the balcony. Some may have a glimpse of the marsh.

There are 7 restaurants within walking distance of the resort. King Fisher, Scott's Fishmarket, Bistro 17, La Fontana, Mediterranean Cafe, San Miguels and ELAs all surround the Harbour. Also a short distance away are Giuseppi's Pizza and Poseidon (which has just opened, but will very soon). Poseidon is located facing the Marsh behind the new Kroger supermarket. It is a large restaurant and also has a huge upper deck bar looking out on Broad Creek with a great sunset view! Also nearby are Alexanders (on the way to the beach), Santa Fe Cafe, Sea Grass Grille and Alfred's (all just across 278 from the entrance to Shelter Cove Harbour) and many, many other great options a short drive away. In addition to the ones near the resort, we enjoy Red Fish, One Hot Mama's, The Lodge, Captain Woody's, Marley's, Frankie Bones, Wise Guys, Black Marlin, Skull Creek Boathouse and lots of others. There is truly something for every taste available on the island.

The recreation staff is wonderful with activities for all ages (adults included). You will get a listing of the daily activities during your stay when you check-in.

Enjoy!

We will also be there 5/5 - 5/9. Wait listed at the beginning and end of our trip one night.

Our second stay here. Just hoping for nice/decent weather and hoping to relax and try a different restaurant each night. Thank you for the list.

HHI is my favorate all time Disney place. Be sure to rent bikes to ride to beach club and then ride on beach. Hilton Head has the best beaches to ride bikes I've ever seen. They are hard packed near the water so you don't have to push through soft sand. We rode 17 miles one day! Also, do a kayak trip out on Broad Creek, very nice! My kids love to hang out on the pier to the creek and fish or catch crabs.

I recommend the marsh view. Go to Harbour Town, Salty Dog, Pino Gelato

We are checking in on May 9th through the 17th. We have only ever stayed in a studio in the main building, but the Marsh view is beautiful!

My number 1 family tradition on Hilton head is living as we are locals.

Let me know any questions you may have and il answer. Also I will post a short guide to the area tomorrow or Saturday when I have some time.

My number 1 family tradition on Hilton head is living as we are locals.

Let me know any questions you may have and il answer. Also I will post a short guide to the area tomorrow or Saturday when I have some time.

Thank you. Would appreciate this. If one of our days comes through - we might venture out for a day too.

I would love to find the Gelato place we went to - not sure if it was Pino Gelato - but inside there was a picture hanging from my hometown and my maiden name was on a store sign on that picture. Might have to go on a treasure hunt!!!

A dolphin sunset boat cruise is a must and it is within walking distance of the resort. We also like a trip to Harbour town to see the Light House.

A dolphin sunset boat cruise is a must and it is within walking distance of the resort. We also like a trip to Harbour town to see the Light House.

Jumping on since we are heading there too...What company did you use for the dolphin cruise? So many choices!

Jumping on since we are heading there too...What company did you use for the dolphin cruise? So many choices!

We were also thinking of doing a Dolphin Cruise.. We have a four year old son who I think will love it! I know that the resort offers a cruise, but at $45 a person, that's a little pricey. Wondering if there are any good cruises for cheaper.

Thanks!

We were also thinking of doing a Dolphin Cruise.. We have a four year old son who I think will love it! I know that the resort offers a cruise, but at $45 a person, that's a little pricey. Wondering if there are any good cruises for cheaper.

Thanks!

The Holiday is a Dolphin Watch ship with multiple trips daily (including the daily sunset cruise and Fireworks Cruise on Tuesday evenings in the summer during Harbourfest). The Holiday is located right in Shelter Cove Harbour right across from the DVC Resort and is only a short walk. The 2015 prices are not yet out but it was $16 for adults and $8 for children during the season. - http://www.hiltonheadisland.com/adventure/ In the photo on the web site, the DVC Resort is the land on the right side of the photo of the boat. The Holiday is a fairly large ship, so the encounter is not as up-close as the smaller boats but you will see a lot of Dolphin during the cruise and Captain Mark does a great job narrating the cruise. The cruise is about 90 minutes in duration.

There is also the Crabber J - which offers crabbing trips daily (in season). Our grandkids have gone on this several times and have a lot of fun. It is a catch-and-release program and the child who catches the most gets a Crabber T-Shirt. :)

We are also local to HH and I am looking out the window at the Holiday (and the DVC Resort) as I type this! :teeth:

Thank you so much for the information in this thread.

We have an out of state family gathering/reunion planned for this June and we are staying at the DVC resort in Hilton Head. I live in Columbia so we are driving down but the rest of the family is flying in from out of state.

I took my family there 3 years ago for a long weekend and it was very relaxing, very enjoyable.

Is there anything specific we should be prepared for in June? Other than a heat wave of course.

Bob

Thanks!

I recommend a Zodiak Dolphin tour as they are small boats close to the water so you are right on level with the Dolphins. I forgot the name of the company but it it leaves from the area where Salty Dog is.

I recommend a Zodiak Dolphin tour as they are small boats close to the water so you are right on level with they Dolphins. I forgot the name of the company but it it leaves from the area where Salty Dog is.

Thanks! I will check them out!

The Holiday is a Dolphin Watch ship with multiple trips daily (including the daily sunset cruise and Fireworks Cruise on Tuesday evenings in the summer during Harbourfest). The Holiday is located right in Shelter Cove Harbour right across from the DVC Resort and is only a short walk. The 2015 prices are not yet out but it was $16 for adults and $8 for children during the season. - http://www.hiltonheadisland.com/adventure/ In the photo on the web site, the DVC Resort is the land on the right side of the photo of the boat. The Holiday is a fairly large ship, so the encounter is not as up-close as the smaller boats but you will see a lot of Dolphin during the cruise and Captain Mark does a great job narrating the cruise. The cruise is about 90 minutes in duration.

There is also the Crabber J - which offers crabbing trips daily (in season). Our grandkids have gone on this several times and have a lot of fun. It is a catch-and-release program and the child who catches the most gets a Crabber T-Shirt. :)

We are also local to HH and I am looking out the window at the Holiday (and the DVC Resort) as I type this! :teeth:

Thank you so much for all the information! I will check out his website! Being close enough to walk is a added bonus!

Check our Sea Shack (a local place just off Pope Circle) and Roast Fish & Cornbread (local chief - recipes date back about 150-200 years),

Both are wonderful.

We're headed to Hilton Head but not staying at Disney this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter