Hilton Head Island info needed... HELP

dvc_bwv

Pooh Collector - BWV & VWL Member
DH and I are going to HHI the end of Sept and first week of October. Our first trip to HHI. Looking for any suggestions of things to do, places to eat or any information anyone can give. We would like to do a dolphin cruise. Does anyone have any info on this?

I did the one thru the resort with (I think his name was) Captain Scott. At the time he brought his big dog with us, which at the time was fine with me but not so fine if you're allergic. But come to think of it, this was 7 years ago-maybe by now his dog has gone to the giant dog house in the sky. And don't forget to keep an eye out both around the resort and over at the beach house. We've seen many dolphins at both places, and somehow it was more exciting to us to see them "in the wild" like that.

PICT0249.jpg

I can't comment on the cruise but i can suggest some restaurants.....

One of our favorites is the sea shack....some things you should know: you have to wait in line...outside, no call ahead, even if you are carrying out. There's zero frills and i mean zero but its great food.

on tuesday nights EAT! (Robert irvine's restaurant...food network's restaurant impossible). Has half priced tapas but you need a ressie and i would call at least a week ahead.

Skull creek boathouse has a great patio/ deck to watch sunsets and pretty good food.

I can't really rec'd Hudson's anymore. Its not that the food is bad its just gotten really overpriced for what you get and the atmosphere is nil.

Also Marleys has veen hit or miss for us lately but something a little different, its carribean.

We just tried trattoria divina and i really liked it...italian obviously and really good but somewhat pricey.

Hope this helps

We did the Vagabound Cruise out of Harbortown. We had a Groupon so it was half price. It was fun. It is larger boat with two levels. We didn't see that many dolphins. Luck of the draw I guess but the Captain gave a nice history of the island. For the dolphins we did spot the Captain got as close as he could to them. The dolphins came right up the boat.

For restaurants we loved A Lowcountry Backyard. Great food at a reasonable price. It is really small though so go early!

We are going in June and hope to try out Robert Irvine's restuarant - Eats. I have not seen any reviews but we would like to go since we watch him on the Food Network.

We are going in June and hope to try out Robert Irvine's restuarant - Eats. I have not seen any reviews but we would like to go since we watch him on the Food Network.

Same here! I just love him on TV. So I'd love to hear reviews of his resturaunt.

Michael Anthony's is wonderful, biz casual, off he beaten path, filled with locals.

Thanks for the replies. We would like to try EAT! also and I've heard some good things about Michael Anthony's. Will have to do some more research on the dolphin cruises.

Anymore info greatly appreciated.

We just got back from our HH vacation. We tried a restaurant we found on tripadvisor, The Jazz Corner. It was great, you do need reservations. It's about 3 miles from Disney resort. The food was good and live music started at 8:00. We had to leave at 8:50 to get our kids from kids night out program but I would have loved to stay later.

We saw Robert Irvine's restaurant when we went to eat at The Jazz Corner, they're next door to each other. We peeked in at Irvine's when we were leaving it looked nice, not crowded at all, larger than the Jazz Corner (which was booked - probably since they have live music).

Enjoy your trip!!!! If you enjoy BBQ, we really like The Smokehouse. Good appetizers and ribs.

I second the skull creek Boathouse.

The bartender at the beach house reccomended it to us this past summer and I loved it. We also went to Giuseppi's, a local pizza/italian place on the othe rside of the shopping mall right before you get to the resort. We loved both places, prices were not too bad but we will go to both again next time.

one night we went down to the market (can't remember the name), but you go another couple miles past the resort, and take a 'left' at the roundabout (sure someone on here can remember the name of the shopping/dining market).

Most of our time there we just go to the beach house or pool and relax. Not too much to do if you don't want, but plenty of low-key options for 'something to do'.

oh yeah, we also went to the fresh market about a half mile down the road from the resort, very nice food and not too expensive.

We just returned from HH ask pool guy Mike he is at the main pool in the early am I think until 9am and later drives the shuttle to the beach. He is a wealth of knowledge. We ate at guisepees and they give a Disney discount. The Skull creek boathouse was fantastic . Something for everyone. We ate their twice. If you like seafood try the seashack. The CM are also good about places to eat.

We also like Sea Shack and Guiseppi's. If you take a walk around Shelter Cove (almost to the end), I remember there being a sign at one of the docks for a dolphin tours. It seemed very reasonable - about half the price of the Disney tour. We hope to try it out next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter