• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head Island - 2015 Roll Call

Going for a quick trip April 13-15. Myself, DH, DS15, DD13 DS10, DD10 and DS18 months. Looking forward to it. Haven't been since November 2013. Curious about remodel.

April 3-6 in a studio with my mom using some holding points that needed to be used. Can't wait!!

Last edited:
July 12-July 18th 2 bedroom

Our second trip since we bought...we went the week of 4th of July last year and it was too crowded...hoping for less crowded this time.

In 2016 we will go the week before Labor Day so we can use less points

For those going in March, I'd like to know how it is. My husband read that everything is shut down in March, like the restaurants and such. I am sure the weather can be hit or miss, but at the end of March are all activities still available, etc?

We will be there the 2nd week of June! It will be me, DH, DD9, DS6 and DD3. We will be spending the weekend before in a studio at the Poly and then heading to HHI on Sunday for a week in 2BR. I am so ready for Summer fun!!!!

For those going in March, I'd like to know how it is. My husband read that everything is shut down in March, like the restaurants and such. I am sure the weather can be hit or miss, but at the end of March are all activities still available, etc?

No, we've been twice in March, and things aren't shut down (at least they weren't when we went). A few restaurants close in January and February, but they reopen around Valentine's Day. And last year, a few places went on "Winter hours", we noticed, in December, slightly shorter hours. There are plenty of activities at the resort then, and they run them even if, as happened to me a few times, there's only one guest who shows up for the activity!

We will be there June 6-13 with just our DD13 and DS10. This is our 3rd year in a row.

Anyone have suggestion for Easter day meal? I got the mailing from Disney about the brunch at the resort but there's not a lot to that so i am thinking of going out to a HHI restaurant.

Going first time March 23-26. 2 bedroom with wife and two friends. Trying to get our friends some respite from their Rhode Island winter.

The restaurant at the beach house, Signals, is closed during the week but open weekends. There are PLENTY of restaurants open across the island and lots to do IMO in March.

Anyone have suggestion for Easter day meal? I got the mailing from Disney about the brunch at the resort but there's not a lot to that so i am thinking of going out to a HHI restaurant.

I did the Easter brunch once and although it was OK, I'd go elsewhere if I had a choice. However, that year DH was at the Heritage golf classic with the car, so it was my only option. Just OK. I remember hearing great things afterwards about the Easter brunch at Old Fort Pub.

Had a sudden change in our vacation plans, and called today to see if I could get a cash stay for June 27-29, 3 nights. I was surprised that it worked out! So, I will be in a 2 bedroom with extended family...9 of us! This group did Vero Beach last year and loved it. I know they will fall in love with HH!! Even though I asked for the member rate, it seems the rate I got was the same as on their reservation website. Maybe that week doesn't get discounted,since it leads up to the 4th..?? Anyway, we are thrilled to be heading that way for a few nights of family fun! Is it crazy crowded that week?

Probably a silly question, but one of my kids just asked me last nigth about this. Do they have magic bands at HH or is just a key card for your room? Either way can you charge food/drinks back to your room like at Disney or no?

Thanks!

Probably a silly question, but one of my kids just asked me last nigth about this. Do they have magic bands at HH or is just a key card for your room? Either way can you charge food/drinks back to your room like at Disney or no?

Thanks!

We were there last fall and it was key cards only. And yes, you could charge back to your room.

July 18-25
My husband and I and our two teenagers. My brother and sister in law are going the same time,too!
We drive down from NJ.

CAN'T WAIT for our end of May trip! FIRST TIME to HHI! Youngest son will have just completed first year of college, oldest son, 28 will be joining us for a few days!Beach, walking, biking, relaxation, and enjoying our 2 sons! YAY!:jumping1::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter