Hilton Head Christmas Trip Help

sixisenough

Mouseketeer
Hello, wondering if any of you can help me please?
We are going to be spending Christmas break at Hilton Head:cool1:

We will be there Dec 21-27, Can anyone recommend what we should do for dinner Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, especially for meals? We don't plan on cooking too much on this trip other than breakfast. Is anyone aware of any restaurants that will be open on these days?

Also, are there any cool Christmas activities going on in the area during this time?

We also will be flying in and out of Charleston if anyone has any reccomendations for there? We also are taking a day trip to Savannah!!
Any suggestions welcome:wizard:

Thank you!!

Hello, wondering if any of you can help me please?
We are going to be spending Christmas break at Hilton Head:cool1:

We will be there Dec 21-27, Can anyone recommend what we should do for dinner Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, especially for meals? We don't plan on cooking too much on this trip other than breakfast. Is anyone aware of any restaurants that will be open on these days?

Also, are there any cool Christmas activities going on in the area during this time?

We also will be flying in and out of Charleston if anyone has any reccomendations for there? We also are taking a day trip to Savannah!!
Any suggestions welcome:wizard:

Thank you!!

Here is a link with the local activities on Hilton Head Island for December, 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024752 .

Many restaurants will be offering dinner on Christmas Eve - including ELA's Grille (within walking distance of the resort at Shelter Cove), Frankie Bones (a short drive away - and NO it's not a rib joint! :) ). M

Most restaurants will be closed Christmas day but I would expect that local Hotels would have dining available like the Omni and Marriott near the DVC Beach House.

Have a Merry Christmas at HH!

Was there Christmas day a bunch of years ago and the only place open on Christmas day was a diner. All the restaurants were closed. I suggest planning ahead for that day.

Also many restaurants in Savannah were closed that whole week.

In Savannah:

The Westin on the river has a "for pay" Christmas drive through and tour. Comes with food vouchers. We hope to do it in soon. I'll let you know if it is worth it.

Restaurants...River House is quite good. The Boss recommends the crab legs.
If you can get as far south as Jones street. Go to 105 W Jones and eat at Mrs Wilkes for lunch (they don't do supper). Best food around.

Vinnie Van Go Go's is GREAT pizza, but, they only take cash. NO plastic. Don't even try.

They might have the ice skating rink open in the Civic Center by that time. You would have to check closer to the date.

Drop me a note when you get closer and I'll do what I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter