Hilton Head at end of March

MattIL

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned to Hilton Head for the end of March. We have never been there before and are wondering about a number of items.
Will the seasonal facilities at the beach house be open? Are the pools at the main complex and the beach house heated? What are the best local places to eat?

Thanks for the help, we are looking forward to our first non-park Disney experience.

the big dipper pool was heated & was open till about 6 for the big dipper slide, pool portion till 10. they close slide only at 5 during winter months. life guard on duty. water was warm. they have an "extra magic" hours night when they keep the big dipper slide open longer. the beach house remains active, you can certainly contact the front desk before your trip & they may be able to scan & email you an activities sheet before your trip. :beach:

Get with Mike the Everything Guy at the Pool. He knows lots of HHI and Savannah and will steer you in the right direction.

The end of March this year is right before Easter so I would think all of the resort will be up and running with extended hours. Have been there in 2008 and 2010 at that time and had full use of the resort and pools were open until late.

Not much help on restaurants, did a lot of eating in our villa.

If you'll be there the end of March, chances are you'll experience Good Friday there. When we went over Good Friday, and made the mistake of looking for somewhere to eat, everywhere was PACKED! When we got back and mentioned it to the CM, she said that's the way Good Friday on the Island is. And apparently, she said that the most crowded places are the ones with lots of seafood (which is where we went looking). Good Luck!

If you'll be there the end of March, chances are you'll experience Good Friday there. When we went over Good Friday, and made the mistake of looking for somewhere to eat, everywhere was PACKED! When we got back and mentioned it to the CM, she said that's the way Good Friday on the Island is. And apparently, she said that the most crowded places are the ones with lots of seafood (which is where we went looking). Good Luck!

We've decided to arrive on Saturday this year (instead of Sunday) because we'd like to have Easter "brunch" on the island. Are there any places that will accept reservations way in advance? My dad is a huge golf fan and I was thinking about trying the British Open Pub.

Coincidently, the British Open Pub is where we ended up on Good Friday. We've also eaten there one other time. We've enjoyed it both times. There's an Easter Brunch at Old Fort Pub. That's the only place I know of. When we went DH was at the Heritage PGA on Easter Sunday, so my options were limited. The HHI resort had a brunch at the Beach House-I think we got information about a month ahead, and that's where I went. In all honesty, it was just OK. Got a couple photos-

016.jpg

015.jpg

We will be there, too, March 29-April 5. It will be our first time visiting there, as well. We are looking forward to a relaxing week...hope it is warm enough to swim?!

You can definitely swim in the pools, but the ocean? Um, not for this girl from the deep south! Fun to wade, but waaay too chilly for really getting into the waves.

Regardless, HHI in March is wonderful. Well, probably at any time, but I have personal experiences of March visits and all were great!

Just got back from a week on HHI but not at DVC. We'll also be going at the end of March. As for restaurants, we have eaten dinner at the British Open Pub and enjoyed it very much esp. the lobster pot pie. Excellent local restaurant that's not listed in a lot of the mags is "Roast Fish and Cornbread". Delicious!! Chef is HHI born and raised. No reservations. We also received a recommendation from a local for Gillan's - fairly new and pricing better than most with good seafood and landlubber choices too. He also recommended "Fat Baby's" for pizza and sandwiches. Another good choice is "One Hot Mama's" for local food & BBQ. The owner/chef has on Food Network Star.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter