• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Grande Vacations Club-International Drive

Kat913

Mouseketeer
:) Has anyone ever stayed at the Hilton Grande Vacations Club on International Drive? This will be the very first time we will be staying off Disney property :sad1: My parents gave us their time share points to use there a week in January and we couldn't pass it up. We are staying in a 3 bedroom suite with another family and will be doing mostly Disney, but also Islands of Adventure (1st time there) and one day-the day we arrive just mellowing out at the resort. Any tips or pros and cons from someone who has stayed there would be appreciated. Thanks to all. :lovestruc

We are HGVC owners (Sea World property) but I do love the I'Drive location.
There is a strip mall directly across the street with a Publix, Walgreens, Subway and some other shops. You can walk it if need be.
Very close to Prime Outlets and a very easy drive to Disney. Units are beautiful with the Tuscany theming.
You will enjoy it there!!

Its beautiful there.. we are owners - the pool is just magnificent..
Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know...

Sammie x

:goodvibes Thank you so much! I'm getting excited now. I think I read somewhere about an outside movie at the pool. Do they do this once a week or more often and is there a way for me to get a schedule of activities right before we go? I tried their website, but I couldn't find that info. there. Also how far is it to the Disney theme parks ?(I know it varies depending on the park-just a general ball park) Any special building requests we should make? We will be in a 3 bdroom suite. Thank you again.

We've always stayed inside the park:rolleyes1...but.... this is the next best thing. The movies are great and play at least 3 (Sat, Sun, Wed) times a week at the pool, just to the right of the tower,and at that end of the massive pool. If you have a choice:teacher: building 1 would be my suggestion. It's great for the kids:dance3: and a short walk to all hotel attractions. The 3 bedrooms are really:cool1: spectacular.... you've never stayed anywhere like it, believe me. (In a 3 bed they have 2 kitchens and 2 washers and dryers.)

I will be staying in a studio with my DD in April. How does the room size compare with a regular hotel room? (I've seen reviews say the rooms are huge and others complaining they felt cramped.) It looks like a beautiful resort to me!

I have been in the studio when it was used as a lock out to my 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom. I remember a king bed and for some reason I think there was a double bed once, but I could be wrong.

I thought there was a decent amount of room.

The grounds are really nice too.

I am considering staying here first of April next year, and I'm wondering about pool temperature. Some hotels keep their pools nice and warm, and others don't. My son would be very disappointed if I chose a hotel where the pool wasn't warm!

Also, do you have to pay for internet access?

Any parking fee or resort fee?

Thanks.

I have found the pool to be warm. We have stayed in April & October.
Internet is free from what I remember and parking is free. I don't know about resort fees.

Sarah

How close is it to the Orange Country Convention Center?

We'll be staying here for an event at the convention center so I had already looked it up: 5 miles (10 minutes by car). The Seaworld HGVC is closer but this one seems newer and nicer than the other, and also right next to the premium outlet mall :)

The only thing I don't like is the 10 am checkout time (because it is a timeshare), which is a lot earlier than say a DVC villa.

I am wondering if it is possible to stay here without a car. Is there transportation available to the Disney parks? What would a taxi cost to the parks? We are considering staying here (first time off-site!) and would love to not have to factor in the rental car cost and parking fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter