• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hilton Grand Vacations?

hmschlmomof2

Earning My Ears
Hi, has anyone stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations on International Drive?
We will be going in Sept. 2010 and got a great rate for a 2 bedroom suite/condo. Just wondering if it was clean, updated, nice pool area and how the drive was to Disney Parks and Universal?

TIA!

Hi:
It's been a couple of years since I last stayed there, but loved it while I was a guest. They have two beautiful pools, a larger one with a waterfall and a smaller, zero entry pool at the far end of the resort. While there, I noticed that they were building 2 new condo buildings so, if you request one of those, you will be guaranteed to get a newer unit.
I found it to be quiet while I was there (November). There are tons of activities for both kids and adults, so much so that some families choose to just spend a few of their days on site, taking part in the activities. There is also a bar/small restaurant by the larger pool if you want to relax and have a bite to eat (food is not that bad).
On all my stays at the HGVC Intl Drive, I found it to be very clean and the rooms are beautiful - complimentary Starbucks to brew in your room every morning. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a conveniently situated resort. The Premium Outlets are literally in your backyard, it took us, maybe, 10 minutes to get to Disney and Sea World is just a little ways down the street.
Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your response. It's always helpful to hear from someone who has stayed in a place you're not familiar with. My husband is a Hilton Honors member, so we usually stay with them when we can, and we haven't been disappointed by Hilton, but didn't know much about the "vacation club".
One other question....do you remember laundry facilities - either in the suites or a laundromat area (within the hotel)?

I do believe that the 2 bedroom suites have a washer and dryer but the studio and 1 bedroom use the public laundry facilities, usually located on one of the floors of the complex. I think each building has its own laundry room (coin operated).
Happy I could help. Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you :)

Thanks so much for your response. It's always helpful to hear from someone who has stayed in a place you're not familiar with. My husband is a Hilton Honors member, so we usually stay with them when we can, and we haven't been disappointed by Hilton, but didn't know much about the "vacation club".

Don't forget that Hilton is devaluing HH points on Jan. 15 so book before then.

We stayed here on our last trip last January and absolutely loved it. We have a timeshare through HGVC and stayed in a 2BR. The drive to WDW is only about 10 minutes depending on where you are going. Seaworld is also about 10 minutes down I-Drive and Universal is probably about 15 minutes away. They have activities for the kids and adults as well each day. You might want to call ahead to get the schedule for that week so you can plan what activities you want to do. For instance they had a Texas Hold em tournament that I did and I think it was each Tuesday night but it's probably changed by now. There is a gate the you can go through that you can walk right to the Premium Outlets which was really convenient. Also there is a Publix across the street and we stocked the kitchen up on our first night and saved quite a bit of money eating in.

Let me know if you have any other questions and enjoy your trip.

You will love it:cool1:, We have stayed on Disney property over a dozen times and would absolutely recommend the Hilton Grand Vacation Club Tuscany. I believe all condo's have laundry facilities, in fact every room is self contained, everything is there for you except food (which by the way you may call there and I believe you could have your room stocked with food before you arrive. The facility has, kids things to do, pooside movies....you won't be disappointed. Disney is minutes away, but the facility doesn't have much of a transport system to the park. They will get you there and home once a day each way....Have Fun:banana:. Finally, there is a Publix supermarket right across the road and a trolly that will take you all the way down International drive....Have fun 2 HAhAhahaha

We stayed there once and enjoyed it immensely. We wouldn't hesitate to go back. There's some photos at the beginning of my DVC Christmas thread linked in my siggie line if you want to see some pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter