• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Garden Inn vs Marriott Residence Inn

scuddaho

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me which of these properties would be better for a family of 7 to stay at. We are only going to Sea World pre cruise for 2 days and can't decide between the two. Which has better facilities as far as walking distance and/or transportation to Sea World. I realize we would need 2 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn vs a 2 bedroom suite at Residence but want to make sure we go with the better property. How are the pool areas and do either have any resturants? Thanks for your help.:bounce:

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in September for a great price ($59/night!). It was within walking distance to Sea World (it was across the street - right behind the parking lot). We did the walk with a 3.5 year old - no problems. The rooms were bright and open. They were big. We got two queen beds. The restaurant was "okay" - breakfast was good (buffet, kids eat free). Lunch was only a certain time (like from 11 to 2), and we missed it. Dinner was okay. There was a small pool. There was also a section of the common room (large-screen t.v., sofas, chairs, fish tank), that was dedicated to kids. There was a smaller tv, kids-sized furniture, blocks, dominoes, videos, etc. We really liked that a lot. It wasn't that crowded, so it was used mostly by my son and another little boy.

They have a "pantry" which sells ice cream, cookies, chips, milk, alcoholic beverages; as well as sunscreen, those rain ponchos (for a dollar!), and various other stuff.

Also, mid-day they put out complimentary homemade cookies.

I don't know anything about the Resident Inn.

Hi,

for a family of 7, I would recommend the RI.

I don't know which is the better property, but I have stayed at the RI LBV in a 2 br and enjoyed it very much. I want to try the SW location, too.

I know the breakfast at the RI a full free breakfast, not just continental.

Herc

Both properties are great. However the Hilton Garden Inn definitely has the edge.It is a new property and has the typical Hilton style to it. Fot the price you cannot go wrong. Look at hotelmartusa.com..they have great rates for this hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter