• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando Airport

TiggerKing

If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently, and can you give me a review/opinion on the accomodations?

TIA

Sorry I do not have experience with the hotel you mentioned, but I too have been searching for MCO area hotels for a pre-cruise stay.

I just bit the bullet and did priceline for a 3 star hotel and got the Crown Plaza which is about 1 mile from airport with free shuttle service. Rooms on their website list starting at $120.08 and I got 2 rooms on Priceline for $59.00 each plus tax. This is for an early January stay.

I checked out the hotel via their website and looks fine for what we need it for.

Here is a link to the Crown Plaza website.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/mcohn?irs=null

MJ

I've been wanting to try priceline for an airport hotel, but I'm kinda nervous. How many stars do you put in? I'm used to hand picking everthing myself, but I understand you can get some good deals by using priceline. Any advice?

Lynda:earsboy:

Originally posted by TiggerKing
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently, and can you give me a review/opinion on the accomodations?

TIA

Hi TiggerKing,

Actually, the HGI is our all-time favorite place to stay pre-cruise or pre-WDW. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the hotel grounds are great. The shuttle is timely and the staff is wonderful.

Now. . .here is our favorite part. . . don't flame me! Right behind the HGI is a Hooters restaurant. We have found it to be the perfect place for DS 7 1/2 to blow off some steam after we de-plane and get to the hotel. The servers always dote on him. In February, we bought a Hooters football in their little gift area, and they autographed it and played catch with him. They also demonstrated their hula-hoop abilities. In all honesty, many of our servers have been pre-Education students, and I am sure that is why they seem so great with the kids.

The food is not 5-star, but the atmosphere is fun and lets DS blow off some extra energy he acquired during the flight.

We love the hotel and love the location. We will be there ourselves in 66 days.:sunny: :earseek: :smooth: ::yes::

PiperG:

Thanks for the info! I have always been happy when staying at HGI, but I wanted to check since I wasn't familiar with this one.

They have an awesome rate of $69 a night (internet) for Thanksgiving weekend. Though we are driving in, I would still like to stay near the airport just for the overall convenience of the trip to PC. Thanks again for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter