Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort

GaSleepingBeautyFan

DIS Veteran
I couldn't figure out where to post this question since it's a beach hotel.

Has anyone stayed there?

DH has asked that we stay at a resort on the main beach in Clearwater this time and most of them are out of our price range.

This resort is reasonable so I was thinking of giving it a try even though it only has stupid double beds and I'll have to haul the twin size areobed with us (anybody know of a good light brand? Our current one is awful to haul around) since DH and DS14 won't fit together in a double bed anymore.

We are going for Thanksgiving weekend. :banana:

If you have any better suggestions, pass them along. The only place we've ever stayed at there is the Quality Inn and they aren't on the main beach and barely have any beach left at all despite what their pictures show on their website.

Oh and we don't want to stay at Shepards Resort. The whole party atmosphere there is a big turn off for us. Plus, we went to their Thanksgiving Buffet one year and it was awful.

Thanks in advance!

We've stayed there twice - but admittedly some time ago. First time was in 1992 and then again in 2002. I have to say between the two it went downhill a lot and in 2002 it was definitely run down. If its had a refurb since then it should be OK. Make sure you get a room at the front of the hotel (the ones you see in all the pictures with the little balconies - south facing). The rooms at the back (the north) are directly over the vents for the kitchens and the noise is constant but are still called sea view rooms. The east facing ones (to the road) are a waste of time!

Location is fantastic, sunset from Pier 60 is just magical. Loved all of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter