Hilton Bonnet Creek or Holiday Inn DTD?

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
I defer to my more experienced friends here....With total reliance on Shuttles, which hotel would would you choose and why?

( I believe Holiday Inn makes it walkable to DTD for Disney buses if shuttles are infrequent, but I would like this not to be the deciding factor.)

TIA!:flower3:

If this is strictly a shuttle issue then your best bet is to stay at a WDW hotel. If for some reason that is not an option than I would go with Hilton BC. It's a beautiful hotel.....staff is fantastic, pool fantastic, great fireworks view.

The walk from the Holiday Inn would be about 15 minutes...it's a bit of a distance down from the DTD bus stop. Also, the buses from DTD ONLY go to other resorts they do not go to the parks. So that would make your commute time from the HI to a park well over an hour each way.

I am in the same boat - leaning heavily towards Hilton BC. Just trying to find a good rate. let me know if you find one.

Have you looked at the Hilton DTD? We stayed at both the Hilton DTD and the Hilton Bonnet Creek on our last stay and the shuttle service at Hilton DTD is much better, more frequent. Plus the Disney Hilton offers extra magic hours, I believe it's the only non-Disney property that does.

no I didnt - didnt realize there were 2. We will have a car so shuttle doesnt matter

so if you could only stay at one which would you pick? Only staying for 3 days then we are heading to Cocoa Beach for a week

no I didnt - didnt realize there were 2. We will have a car so shuttle doesnt matter

so if you could only stay at one which would you pick? Only staying for 3 days then we are heading to Cocoa Beach for a week

Hilton BC is much nicer than the Hilton DTD. HBC is only about 3 yrs old has an incredible pool with lazy river and is in a very quiet area at the back of Bonnet Creek. If your room faces the pool you will be able to see the Epcot fire works.

How often do the WDW shuttles run and do run to all the parks !
Can you give reviews for both Bonnet Creek and for Hilton DTD.:thumbsup2

I know the BC one is newer, but we really liked the DTD Hilton better for several reasons.
1. DTD just seemed more family friendly to me. We have young kids and the BC seemed almost "too nice" for them in the lobby area.
2. I didn't think the staff at BC was nearly as friendly or helpful as they were at DTD
3. We had access to the EMH at DTD, not at BC
4. we stayed on the business floor at DTD and had complimentary continental breakfast each morning on our floor. We went in when we wanted, sat ourselves, and helped ourselves. The staff in the room even gave us water bottles to take with us to the park. The breakfast included oatmeal, boiled eggs and even coldcuts in addition to the usual cereal, yogurt and danishes. At BC our complimentary continental breakfast was on the lowest floor in the restaurant; we had to wait to be seated and wait for a server to bring our drinks. The continental breakfast only included rolls, muffins, and cereals. I'm not sure if we could have gotten water bottles or not; we didn't ask. (My husband is a diamond Hilton rewards member, so I'm not sure if you get the breakfast otherwise)
5. The shuttle at DTD came every 30 minutes and did dropoffs at all the parks. Pickup from the parks continued until at least an hour and a half after the parks closed. At BC I think the shuttle for MK came every 30 minutes, the others were every hour I believe, and they would have breaks during the day when there was no service. The day we were at AK, pickup at the park was spaced about 2 hours apart, so if we missed the shuttle we were stuck for 2 hours. (this was a big deal to us; it may not be to anyone else) I will say the DTD shuttle was shared with 2 other hotels, whereas the BC was only shared with the Wyndham and the busses at the BC were nicer, more comfortable and showed movies instead of the annoying advertising video the DTD shuttle showed repeatedly. Also the BC driver would load our stroller under the bus for us whereas at DTD we had to drag it on the bus with us.

One thing I should mention is we were there in January so didn't use the pool. It did look like the pool at BC was probably a lot more fun for the kids since it had a lazy river and I think slides.
I'm not sure how price compares since we used points to stay at both.

We're planning on going back next January/February and are going to just stay at DTD and not do BC at all. Also, we didn't get a chance to go, but on Sunday mornings at DTD they have a character breakfast.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter