Hillary Supporters unite part 2; no bashing please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolce27 -- interesting piece, found a similar piece called "A Close Look at Obama's Voting Record"

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_10679.cfm

Of course the Obama's camp response will find a way to "speech" it all away or diflect in some way "but but but Hillary is the same way." Yeah, but Hillary isn't out there preaching that she is above it all!

Great Article, Free4Life!

Some of the most interesting bits:

First, he opposed the war in Iraq while in the Illinois state legislature. Once he was running for US Senate though, when public opinion and support for the war was at its highest, he was quoted in the July 27, 2004 Chicago Tribune as saying, "There's no. t that much difference between my position and George Bush's position at this stage The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to execute." The Tribune went on to say that Obama, "now believes US forces must remain to stabilize the war-ravaged nation a policy not dissimilar to the current approach of the Bush administration."
---------------------

So much for him always being against the war.....
-------------------------------

Obama's campaign says he was referring to the ongoing occupation and how best to stabilize the region. But why wouldn't he have taken the opportunity to urge withdrawal if he truly opposed the war? Was he trying to signal to conservative voters that he would subjugate his anti-war position if elected to the US Senate and perhaps support a lengthy occupation? Well as it turns out, he's done just that.

Since taking office in January 2005 he has voted to approve every war appropriation the Republicans have put forward, totaling over $300 billion. He also voted to confirm Condoleezza Rice as Secretary of State despite her complicity in the Bush Administration's various false justifications for going to war in Iraq. Why would he vote to make one of the architects of "Operation Iraqi Liberation" the head of US foreign policy? Curiously, he lacked the courage of 13 of his colleagues who voted against her confirmation.

And though he often cites his background as a civil rights lawyer, Obama voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act in July 2005, easily the worse attack on civil liberties in the last half-century.
It allows for wholesale eavesdropping on American citizens under the guise of anti-terrorism efforts.

"progressive" OS, just in case you missed this

Obama voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act in July 2005

Got it?

Great Article, Free4Life!

Some of the most interesting bits:

First, he opposed the war in Iraq while in the Illinois state legislature. Once he was running for US Senate though, when public opinion and support for the war was at its highest, he was quoted in the July 27, 2004 Chicago Tribune as saying, "There's no. t that much difference between my position and George Bush's position at this stage The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to execute." The Tribune went on to say that Obama, "now believes US forces must remain to stabilize the war-ravaged nation a policy not dissimilar to the current approach of the Bush administration."
---------------------

So much for him always being against the war.....

He missed many many MANY votes while in the Senate, But he NEVER missed a vote to give the Bish Admin all the $$$$$ they wanted to support the war.

Just curiuos.......what's with the green hair?

When i first heard that Obama was running for President...I went :scared1: and my hair turned Lime Green!

:lmao:

That avatar was givin to me by one of the kid dissers on The Secret Green Club Thread many years ago!
you will notice from time to time Avatars with people w/ Lime hair...we are the founding members...after Momandseandodisney!:cool1:

I am completely familiar with the whole lime green thing. I am a DVC member ....blah, blah,blah

Your avatar pic just reminded me of Elton John

And I Love Elton John so there is no offense

I am completely familiar with the whole lime green thing. I am a DVC member ....blah, blah,blah

Your avatar pic just reminded me of Elton John

And I Love Elton John so there is no offense

but in reality I LOOK MUCH LIKE Elton. In fact back in the day...I use to get asked for his autographs...alll the time! I gave them too!:cool1:

but in reality I LOOK MUCH LIKE Elton. In fact back in the day...I use to get asked for his autographs...alll the time! I gave them too!:cool1:

I agree with that statement! I've seen a couple of pic's of DISUNC posted and he does look like Elton!

I have to admit that as a conservative (generally), I definitely would rather see Obama than Hillary. She can't lose; Obama is a deeply flawed candidate.

I have a few conservative friends and they are saying the same thing!
Although she said it is scary how blinded people seem to be about Obama. Like he can do no wrong.
I told her how do you think I feel, he is suppose to represent my party!
I am SO embarrassed by Obama! :sad2:

I'm slowly catching up... I'm a little puzzled by the 4 extras. What was that all about?

Oh my fellow Hillary supporters I figured you could use a good laugh and this really cracked me up... I found this little gem in the Obama support thread - I recommend you put your beverage down first.

Tut tut tut, a non-Obama supporter posting in an exclusively pro-Obama thread. Do you feel so threatened that you need to barge in here?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Isn't it funny how when someone does it to them, it's because they're "threatened" but when the OS do it to us, it's because they're "correcting us"

What a joke.

Oh my fellow Hillary supporters I figured you could use a good laugh and this really cracked me up... I found this little gem in the Obama support thread - I recommend you put your beverage down first.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Isn't it funny how when someone does it to them, it's because they're "threatened" but when the OS do it to us, it's because they're "correcting us"

What a joke.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Are they going to have the nerve to keep coming here after that?

:rotfl:

I'm slowly catching up... I'm a little puzzled by the 4 extras. What was that all about?

Cause its now obvious...the Democrat Primary has been fixed from the get go!
It was also brought up that there were 2 other states (that Obama won) that broke the rules an they had NO consequences.:furious:

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That woman is so right!

I was never gonna vote for Obama...EVER! But now I am sure to vote for McCain. I may not like everything he stands for, but he is not a cheating Liar!

The DNC showed there true colors yesterday, and self IMPLODED!

DISUNC, they're just saying that woman is a crazy loon and to 'look at what Hillary has done to the Democratic party.'

Apparently, accoring to the OS :rolleyes:, at yesterday's protest the "Clinton people were acting like goons and the Obama people were acting like civilized human beings." ;)

DISUNC, they're just saying that woman is a crazy loon and to 'look at what Hillary has done to the Democratic party.'

Apparently, accoring to the OS :rolleyes:, at yesterday's protest the "Clinton people were acting like goons and the Obama people were acting like civilized human beings." ;)

And Obama plays by the rules and Hillary bends them to try to get an advantage.

Fact:The ruling on Florida and Mich. was no delegates for either state.

No candidate hoping to win the WH is going to run on the idea of not seating two top ten states. Both candidates said they wanted to seat the states in some form. That goes against what the DNC ruled. Both are going to want to seat them in a way that benefits them the most. That is what a typical politician does.

I stated on the old Hillary thread that these two states would be seated and that Obama's only move, and what he would end up doing would be to call for them to be seated in some form. He did. That is 'against the rules that were established last year'. Do I think any less of him for this? For this, no. He has to do it as a politician trying to win the grand prize. Even though, once again, he agreed he wasn't going to count Fla and Mich. Counting them 50/50 or counting them at 1/2 a vote is counting them different than what the DNC ruled last year.

While you were in the Post Office, didja remember to buy stamps!;)

:headache:

I was too busy taking pic's of you poster to post on the DIS that I totally forgot what I was there for. Darn. Now, I'll have to go back and those lines get long. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter