• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

I really enjoyed myself that afternoon. Sad to say, the boys never made it to Stormalong Bay during the trip- they really don't care about swimming while at Disney- but that allowed me to go freely where I wanted and to take all of the pictures I wanted without :rolleyes1

I do hope you book a stay at the Beach Club someday. I would love to help you plan!

::yes::

Beach Club and the Poly have been my dream resorts for the longest. While the Poly is way out of my price range, I just found out from my Mom that we can stay at the DVCs through our RCI timeshares!! So a stay at the Beach Club could be happening sometime in the near future! :cheer2: So you will definitely be the first to know when we can book a stay there!:thumbsup2

All those pics really made me want to be sitting at SAB with a sunken treasure of course.
I can't believe your boys don't swim very much. My two can't wait to get back to the pool after being in the parks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm so glad you took pics of the slide!!!

DH and I will be at the Yacht Club, then Universal, for our 15th anniversary and I am going to find time to hit SAB, particularly the lazy river and the slide - with a Sunken Treasure, of course! :)

Confirming this was a good view, even from the 2nd floor!
307244_10150365116317317_412011_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome SAB pictures! I just love that you took them from so many angles because I am quite sure you can NEVER have enough SAB pictures! Right????

I especially love the ones from the slide. Ummmm - were you actually going DOWN the slide when you took that last one with the feet?

Note to self: when Disney discontinues a drink make a laminated drink card. Great idea! :rotfl: Now I must have a sunken treasure!

This cracked me up!

Wishing a very Happy Fathers Day to all the great dads I have "met" here, especially those who are instilling a lifelong love of Disney in their kids!

:goodvibes

Beach Club and the Poly have been my dream resorts for the longest. While the Poly is way out of my price range, I just found out from my Mom that we can stay at the DVCs through our RCI timeshares!! So a stay at the Beach Club could be happening sometime in the near future! :cheer2: So you will definitely be the first to know when we can book a stay there!:thumbsup2

That is exciting that the Beach Club and other DVC resorts are included in your parents' timeshare. I know you would all love it.

I see you have a link to your blog in your signature. Great idea! I need to catch up with your posts.

:cool1:

All those pics really made me want to be sitting at SAB with a sunken treasure of course.
I can't believe your boys don't swim very much. My two can't wait to get back to the pool after being in the parks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, it is a bit annoying that the guys don't care about the pool. We have a pool at home, so just swimming is not all that special of an activity to them. :( Nate is a social swimmer- he only likes to take a dip when he is surrounded by his friends. Ben loves to swim, but while at Disney his focus is on the parks and much needed rest when we take a break.

:sad2:

I am looking forward to my upcoming "Day at the 'Bay"- I won't have park tickets for my FAQ DISmeet trip, so I will be spending my day in a lounger by the pool.

:beach:

I'm so glad you took pics of the slide!!!

DH and I will be at the Yacht Club, then Universal, for our 15th anniversary and I am going to find time to hit SAB, particularly the lazy river and the slide - with a Sunken Treasure, of course! :)

That is going to be a great trip!!!

Confirming this was a good view, even from the 2nd floor!

(Room 2112)

That was such an awesome view! How was the noise level from a few floors down. We could hear people at the pool, but it wasn't bothersome.

:listen:

Awesome SAB pictures! I just love that you took them from so many angles because I am quite sure you can NEVER have enough SAB pictures! Right????

I especially love the ones from the slide. Ummmm - were you actually going DOWN the slide when you took that last one with the feet?

Note to self: when Disney discontinues a drink make a laminated drink card. Great idea! :rotfl: Now I must have a sunken treasure!

Thank you!!!

I loved having the freedom to take the pictures I wanted without the eyerolling from my family.

Glad you can't have too many pictures of SAB. I can't even imagine how many I will end up with after my Day at the 'Bay in August.

OF COURSE I was taking pictures while going down the slide! Doesn't everyone?

:lmao:

Have I mentioned how much I love my waterproof cameras?

The great thing about the laminated recipe card is that you can use it at locations other than Disney- I had a local DISmeet with a couple I know from the BC/YC FAQ and it seemed appropriate to enjoy a Sunken Treasure during our get-together.

I will have to put together a card for the Turtle Krawl- not that it is going anywhere, but I would love to try one sometime. But if I am recalling correctly, didn't you have some issues when you tried to make your own version. Was that you and Cynthia?

:)

Thank you so much!!!

When you get bored of my pictures, here are a couple more galleries from the FAQ thread to look through:

SAB Photos, Pixarmom August 2011 and January 2013
More SAB pictures, by Pixeldust October 2012

Can't wait until I have the opportunity to add YOUR SAB pictures to this list.

We did actually sit down and look through the hole FAQ thread full of pictures. It was magical.

Speaking of which, I had a dream two nights ago that I was staying at the Yacht Club and I realized I'd been there for a whole day and not taken a single picture and I said to Johnny, "Dee's going to kill me! I told her I'd take lots of pictures!" :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: So you can see which trip is occupying the most space in my mind!

We did actually sit down and look through the hole FAQ thread full of pictures. It was magical.

Speaking of which, I had a dream two nights ago that I was staying at the Yacht Club and I realized I'd been there for a whole day and not taken a single picture and I said to Johnny, "Dee's going to kill me! I told her I'd take lots of pictures!" :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: So you can see which trip is occupying the most space in my mind!

OMG!!! That comment made my morning!

:lmao:

I am very lucky to have a great group of loyal resort followers who have kept me supplied with pictures and info for the FAQ thread. Can't wait until I add you to the stable of contributors.

At the conclusion of my time at Stormalong Bay, I returned to my room, changed into dry clothes and accompanied the boys to the club lounge for snacks. Here are the offerings from that night:

Spring Rolls

Tuna

Watermelon Shooters

This would turn out to be our dinner.

But dessert was covered!

We had a reservation for the Wishes Dessert Party for our final night at Disney, our anniversary.

We have never seen Wishes before- the experience has always been too late at night for us and we have never been in the mood to deal with the crowds. I did watch the Nightastic fireworks during our 2010 trip, from the Poly Beach, solo while the boys had returned to the room. On our one day at MK in 2011, we were able to see a few of the fireworks from the parking lot of the Contemporary as we waited for a ride back to Universal Studios, but we have never actually watched a fireworks show from inside the Magic Kingdom.

I was actually surprised when I mentioned the dessert party to Mark and he was excited about it. I stalked the Fireworks Dessert Party thread so I would be ready to book as soon as the date opened up, but I happened to be working that morning. Still, I was able to get a reservation and we decided to make this a surprise to the boys.

Here’s the view when we arrived at Magic Kingdom.

This is looking a little better

Which way should we go?

Apparently, I was on a mission to photograph signs

I believe we heard a crash of thunder at this point, so we decided it would be prudent to duck into Pirates.

You know the queue dividers in the Pirates hallway? The iron ones with the round metal rings? A couple of kids in front of us in line kept clanging those rings against the metal posts. It was loud and annoying:

They should be put into irons for this!

Continued in Next Post

After our cruise, we continued on into Frontierland to see what was happening there-

Is Splash running?

Nope!

As we passed by, we pulled a FP for Big Thunder Mountain. Spoiler Alert: We never used these :guilty:

I know what time it was while we were in the line for Haunted Mansion.

The checkin for our Southwest Flight the next night was at 7:20. Mark hated our flight down to Orlando because we had a later checkin and were not able to sit together. He didn’t want that to happen again. We watched his watch count up- 7:18, 7:19, 7:20

Mark shielded his phone from the rain and got us checked in.

But now, back to our surroundings:

It was raining heavily as we were exiting Haunted Mansion. We probably should have accepted our Ghost Host’s offer to stay, but he was only offering one spot, and there were 4 of us. How would we choose who would get to stay?

We donned our ponchos and made our way to Tomorrowland. Buzz didn’t have much of a line so we went there.

You know what? I don’t think I have ever noticed the view master when I have been in the queue before!

Look at that! Mom scored big on Buzz! That may be the highest score I have ever gotten. Not sure what I did, I was taking pictures on the ride as usual.

OK, I could have sworn this was my score, but looking at our redneck ride photos, I am listed as Star Cadet and Mark is the Galactic Hero.

Still pouring!

We scooted over for a couple of rides on the Peoplemover.

Here’s a couple of really bad photos

We could see the dance party- there were some participants who were not letting the weather deter them from dancing

It was still too early for us to check in for the evening’s dessert party. We didn’t even know if the fireworks were going to happen due to the weather (we asked later and were told Wishes ALWAYS runs)

We needed to get to someplace nearby to kill a little bit of time. We proposed something very radical to the boys. They agreed.

Before I proceed, I am going to have to ask a couple of you to step away from the trip report until the next update. I’m about to do a little bit of Disney blaspheming. Brenda, Rob, perhaps a couple of others: you may not want to see this dark side of my family. I’m going to blame it on the rain.

Heaven help us, we’re headed to the Carousel of Progress!

I don’t have any pictures of our experience, but I do want to admit to some Hijinks and Shenanigans in the rotating theatre which we were sharing with 3 other people. There may have been some comments from the boys about their cell phones (“Check out THIS progress”) and I have to say that none of us were able to suspend our disbelief as Rover the wonder dog aged to like 560 in dog years!

We actually had a more enjoyable time in this attraction than we expected, and even more importantly, when it was over it was time to check in at the Tomorrowland Dessert Party.

Next up: Wishes it would stop raining!

Dee, I didn't remember that you had never seen Wishes from inside the park. I am anxious to hear how ya'll liked the dessert party. We went this year but it's late in our trip so I won't get to our review for quite some time.

Despite the rain, you were able to knock out some great attractions! The Peoplemover and Carousel of Progress are our "go to"s when it's raining or super hot.

Yum, CL offerings look yummy.
I know this isn't the first time I've read it, but I'm still so shocked that you had never seen Wishes!
You guys got a lot of attractions done despite the rain! :thumbsup2
Aww I kind of like the Carousel of Progress (does that mean I need help??? :lmao: )
I'm wishing it will stop raining for you guys!

Yay! This is where our trip reports overlap now cause that was our last day on our trip as well. It was a pretty crappy raining evening but I was just glad that we got to pack in as much as we could before the skies opened up!
Let's see right around the time you were going to check in to the dessert party, we were in Mickey's Philharmagic :goodvibes

I will have to put together a card for the Turtle Krawl- not that it is going anywhere, but I would love to try one sometime. But if I am recalling correctly, didn't you have some issues when you tried to make your own version. Was that you and Cynthia?

:)

Yup - that was us. I found the ingredients on line, but when we actually put said ingredients together it didn't quite taste right. But it wasn't really specific about the dark and light rum brands, so perhaps it was a brand thing. We did get to enjoy a TK last month at OKW and it was as good as ever! :rolleyes:

Hey, not a bad dinner really.

Um... so... ummmmm... WHAT??!!!!! :scared1: You'd never seen Wishes???????? I had no idea. How is that possible????? Shhhh, I'll let you in on a little known secret... I kinda like Wishes. ;)

Oh lord, whoever thought metal rings in what is essentially an echo chamber needs to walk the plank.

Don't worry Dee, I think the Buzz ride photo titles are just random so you probably did have the high score. :thumbsup2

"Before I proceed, I am going to have to ask a couple of you to step away from the trip report until the next update. I’m about to do a little bit of Disney blaspheming. Brenda, Rob, perhaps a couple of others: you may not want to see this dark side of my family. I’m going to blame it on the rain." :rotfl2:

Don't worry Dee, you already committed blasphemy when you admitted to never seeing Wishes. :bitelip:

We needed to get to someplace nearby to kill a little bit of time. We proposed something very radical to the boys. They agreed.

Before I proceed, I am going to have to ask a couple of you to step away from the trip report until the next update. I’m about to do a little bit of Disney blaspheming. Brenda, Rob, perhaps a couple of others: you may not want to see this dark side of my family. I’m going to blame it on the rain.

Heaven help us, we’re headed to the Carousel of Progress!

I don’t have any pictures of our experience, but I do want to admit to some Hijinks and Shenanigans in the rotating theatre which we were sharing with 3 other people. There may have been some comments from the boys about their cell phones (“Check out THIS progress”) and I have to say that none of us were able to suspend our disbelief as Rover the wonder dog aged to like 560 in dog years!

We actually had a more enjoyable time in this attraction than we expected, and even more importantly, when it was over it was time to check in at the Tomorrowland Dessert Party.

Next up: Wishes it would stop raining!

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Well of course you headed here. Did you really have any other choice?

I gotta admit, I love Rover the never aging dog. The only other Disney dog that never ages in Shadow at the HHI resort. Yup 2 going on 18! :laughing:

Fun update but please don't let the dessert party get rained out because what is dessert without the fireworks.

Oh - and that club level food - seriously yummy looking!

I hate to admit it, but CoP is one of Claire's favorites. We only rode it for the first time ever a few years ago and now she asks to go on it all the time. :confused3

Oh yay - I've been waiting to hear about the desserts party!

And really, what's not to love about the Carousel of Progress. That ride just makes me smile and giggle. Always has.

I'm trying to catch up (it's been a rough week).

I like your "sign" pictures. I try to find new things to take photos of on our trips instead of the same old things and then I forget.

You got a bit done to get you out of the rain. :thumbsup2

Oh no...the dreaded COP. As those who have read my TR's know, I really do NOT like that attraction. Spoiler alert: did it with the girls earlier this month and the thing was off sync the entire time. That song stayed in my head for days and loudly too.

Can't wait to hear all about the dessert party.

Finally got caught up again (at least with your TR Dee I'm up-to-date ). Life has been so busy lately. Went to the planetarium with my youngest son's class as a parent volunteer-brilliant day and such a lovely bunch of 7 year olds-sheer pleasure and we got to make and fire rockets so what's not to love :cool1:
Last night was the end of year disco which was held outside BECAUSE it's sunny here in good old Ireland and we cant quite believe our luck :rotfl2:
EVERYTHING is happening outside, breakfast, dinner, discos you name it we are doing it outside (ok not quite everything but you know what I mean);)
So I'm only reading now and so far I'm with you on putting noisy beings in irons and loving COP simply for the twee factor and the fact that it keeps you dry/cool depending on the weather. It always makes me smile :)
Cant wait to hear about the dessert party and the fireworks.
Club snacks made an excellent dinner :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter