Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

With how the monorail has been working I'm sure (hopeful) they have a bus on standby. I doubt we will see any type of official numbers, only when people start reporting back

My true fear is being trapped inside that tiny space with no e-vac quickly available.

I'm more concerned about the transportation than I am the menu.

Maybe they should invest in one of these and keep it on standby .....

001746_AERO_Passenger_Stairs_88_161in_2014_01.54b7f30742a52.jpg

This looks like a fun night to me. Too bad I don't have a trip coming soon, or I would definitely be booking!

My true fear is being trapped inside that tiny space with no e-vac quickly available.

I'm more concerned about the transportation than I am the menu.

Maybe they should invest in one of these and keep it on standby .....

001746_AERO_Passenger_Stairs_88_161in_2014_01.54b7f30742a52.jpg

Bonus points if they turn it into some sort of an attraction of its own..... although hopefully not a thrill ride!

Really - your first thought???

The continued negativity recently on the DIS is truly disheartening.

Like the majority of other posters, I think this sounds great. I hope it is a success.

But I was one of the lucky guests who got to sit in a broken down monorail for 1 1/2 hours. It was not fun.
Although the temperatures were in the 80's, the Monorail had no ventilation. I'm sorry that you find my post negative, but whenever I look at the monorails, I think of my experience. Wouldn't you?

I hope this is a fail. Because each upsell event takes free space away from then rest of the guests. So now the firework viewing deck at the Contemporary is gone, the riverboat is offline for 3 hours a day for the dessert party, the train station roped off, and the Poly Bungalows ruined the Wishes viewing area on the beach. I am naming just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

I'm beginning to think that the Disney execs wander around the property and notate locations where guests are congregating. Then they sit in brainstorming sessions trying to think of ways to make a profit from those areas, and voila that area you where you and your family used to watch fireworks for free is no longer available.

But I was one of the lucky guests who got to sit in a broken down monorail for 1 1/2 hours. It was not fun.
Although the temperatures were in the 80's, the Monorail had no ventilation. I'm sorry that you find my post negative, but whenever I look at the monorails, I think of my experience. Wouldn't you?

I hope this is a fail. Because each upsell event takes free space away from then rest of the guests. So now the firework viewing deck at the Contemporary is gone, the riverboat is offline for 3 hours a day for the dessert party, the train station roped off, and the Poly Bungalows ruined the Wishes viewing area on the beach. I am naming just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

I'm beginning to think that the Disney execs wander around the property and notate locations where guests are congregating. Then they sit in brainstorming sessions trying to think of ways to make a profit from those areas, and voila that area you where you and your family used to watch fireworks for free is no longer available.
To be fair we don't know that they are using the 4th floor deck, and the beach viewing of wishes from the Poly is just fine, just a tad smaller. I'm not going to say that it's all great, yeah I agree it's a ashame that the boat will be offline for 2.5 hours but I'm not going to wish for this to fail. It's a new option and most people are excited about it

No. I wouldn't think of one bad experience on the Monorail , which was unfortunate, as the norm. I have had many, many normal rides.
This post is even more of a negative rant than your first. Hoping for a fail - WOW No one knows that the 4th floor viewing deck will be used. The riverboat is not offline. Poly bungalows - did you ever pay to stay at the Poly?

No. I wouldn't think of one bad experience on the Monorail , which was unfortunate, as the norm. I have had many, many normal rides.
This post is even more of a negative rant than your first. Hoping for a fail - WOW No one knows that the 4th floor viewing deck will be used. The riverboat is not offline. Poly bungalows - did you ever pay to stay at the Poly?
Have you ever broken down on the monorail? Maybe if you had, that would be your first thought too.
Per Disney's website, the Riverboat will be offline 3 hours per day for the dessert party.
No I never stayed at the Poly, but what difference does that make? Anyone was allowed to watch the fireworks from the beach. Being a paying guest was not a requirement.

Have you ever broken down on the monorail? Maybe if you had, that would be your first thought too.
Per Disney's website, the Riverboat will be offline 3 hours per day for the dessert party.
No I never stayed at the Poly, but what difference does that make? Anyone was allowed to watch the fireworks from the beach. Being a paying guest was not a requirement.
I still watch wishes from there, only for 4th of July or new years is when they are strict

I'm setting a personal record for having to drop in to the "Pay For Exclusive Fun" threads to remind everyone to please follow the DIS Guidelines when posting.

Whether one is excited or not about the new offerings, everyone is entitled to post their opinion in a non-argumentative manner.

The Ignore feature can be accessed from any DISer's avatar/Profile pic.

Has anyone who has booked asked where the viewing area will be?

I understand the negativity that's been on some of these threads. For some people, Disney is top of their budget as it is without all the add-ons. It must get frustrating to see more and more experiences added that they simply can't afford. Others are correct in saying that free things are now being put behind a pay wall. It's OK to have opinions on that.

To be fair we don't know that they are using the 4th floor deck, and the beach viewing of wishes from the Poly is just fine, just a tad smaller. I'm not going to say that it's all great, yeah I agree it's a ashame that the boat will be offline for 2.5 hours but I'm not going to wish for this to fail. It's a new option and most people are excited about it

Unless they aren't piping the music in...which they weren't when we were there in September. Nobody seemed to know why. The view was still pretty though.

Unless they aren't piping the music in...which they weren't when we were there in September. Nobody seemed to know why. The view was still pretty though.
I hang back by the entrance to the pool, the one closest top the beach and that speaker has the music and there's another speaker in the walkway toward the bungalows that also has it.

While I wouldn't personally choose this extra, I don't see an issue with it for other guests. While it may temporarily impact some transport or viewing areas this impact really is quite minimal.

I don't think they can totally block off the entire 4th floor deck because of the access to the bridge to BLT. When I am at the Contemporary and want to watch fireworks from that vicinity, I find the view to be much better if I walk up a couple flights and watch from one of the landings just above the monorail. I can still hear the music (more faintly, but still hear it) and the view is better since there's no monorail in the way. Then I walk back down to the 4th floor to go back in the building. This option should still be available even if the bulk of the deck is restricted for the party. Personally, I think the top floor deck would be the more "premium" option and would entice more people to participate.

It wouldn't be something I would be interested in as I don't drink alcohol, so the value wouldn't be there for me like it would be for most people. I would have to agree that I hope they have a backup plan in place in case there is a monorail issue. Odds are, there won't be, but if you're paying a premium for this experience they need to have their ducks in a row IF something happens. Waiting around for an hour or so for them to figure out a plan on the fly wouldn't really be acceptable. Personally, instead of a bus, I think using a boat would feel like a more acceptable replacement, and would feel more "special" than a Disney bus. Since they have that new water taxi service from GF, something like that would be very appropriate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter