Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I've eaten dinner once ............... finally ............... after cancelling it 5-6 times. I love lunch there, and have had good breakfasts but wish they make it a TS or real fixed price so everyone pays - and the price can drop. DS LOVES it there, so I try to get it. Last fall we went ahead and did dinner (I have TiW) and the menu still turned me off.

My biggest issue is I have seen it as a QS many many times, so to go in at dinner and literally the only difference was they took my order at the table ........ even the desserts were the same .......... it was still loud and felt like a QS. Thanks, I'll continue to book elsewhere.

Exactly our feelings. I will definitely be back for lunch. Dinner, not so much.

Thanks! It would not be until summer anyway. Hoping this becomes a regular thing!

:duck:
I hope it becomes regular.
I hope each season the menu changes.
I hope they find way to shake up order so different views.
I hope they can make it work at Epcot.
I hope they can make it work at Epcot resorts, and maybe a boat in to Illuminations.
I see lots of opportunity here and I will be happy to try them all.

As of today at 2:30 PM EST, there are 4 single reservations available! (For 1 person only).

1/27/2017 at 4:45 PM
2/10/2017 at 4:45 pm
2/18/2017 at 5:45 pm
3/17/2017 at 5:45 pm

I hope it becomes regular.
I hope each season the menu changes.
I hope they find way to shake up order so different views.
I hope they can make it work at Epcot.
I hope they can make it work at Epcot resorts, and maybe a boat in to Illuminations.
I see lots of opportunity here and I will be happy to try them all.

From your mouth to Disney execs ears. I can see doing this around the world at Epcot, I'd gladly pay for that and I'm not even a big fan of Illuminations and there are some great restaurants and bars at BW, YC and BC .

You know this could be a coming trend.... I saw where Masaharu Morimoto and Art Smith hosted a Progressive Dinner between their two Disney Springs restaurants last night. (At $225 pp, may be a bit pricey for some...)

@Super 27 did you have to use the boats last night or did the monorail come back up?

Monorail came back up. It actually all went flawlessly. They took us up the emergency exit stairs at contemporary and held one car for us. Poly we used the exit door and got to bypass the line and board a reserved car. At GF they actually took us up to the platform on the Express side and stopped that train with a reserved car.

This really does seem like a great deal, and my wife and I hope to enjoy this some day. Could it be that the execs are hearing the rumblings coming from some of the recent "up-charges" and decided, from a PR standpoint, to toss us a bone? This would be the perfect venue to do that, as they can control the number of participants, thus keeping the "damage" to a minimum. Probably not, but who knows?

This really does seem like a great deal, and my wife and I hope to enjoy this some day. Could it be that the execs are hearing the rumblings coming from some of the recent "up-charges" and decided, from a PR standpoint, to toss us a bone? This would be the perfect venue to do that, as they can control the number of participants, thus keeping the "damage" to a minimum. Probably not, but who knows?

Perhaps more like an untapped market of cash from folks who likely aren't so park-centric. This offering needs no park ticket but certainly is do-able after a park day. Food, drink has become a huge part of many folks trips .... all the Food & Wine offerings, the food portions of Flower and Garden, the expansions at Disney Springs ..... and not the first to offer one ticket price point (no child price) ... a signal to marketing to adults.

Last edited:
Love the personal service!!!

The service the entire evening was exceptional. They really worked hard to make it a great experience, and I'd do this again in a heartbeat. $150 for this event is a STEAL. My mother joined us for the dine around, and she's not a drinker - she got water or ginger ale at each station - but she still felt like it was money well spent for the quality of the food and the personal service.

The service the entire evening was exceptional. They really worked hard to make it a great experience, and I'd do this again in a heartbeat. $150 for this event is a STEAL. My mother joined us for the dine around, and she's not a drinker - she got water or ginger ale at each station - but she still felt like it was money well spent for the quality of the food and the personal service.

Good info. ::yes:: Money wise is still showed as value but that doesn't mean that someone would actually feel that way. Glad she did.

Garden View Tea Room- View attachment 208832
View attachment 208833

The cheese board was meant for 2 people, but my girlfriend has a dairy allergy. She got a charcuterie board instead.

View attachment 208834

Do you mind sharing what your girlfriend was served for her entree and dessert (or how they modified it)? I have a dairy allergy as well and will be attending this event in two weeks and being so limited all the time it was exciting to see they offered a charcuterie board!! Thanks in advance :)

Do you mind sharing what your girlfriend was served for her entree and dessert (or how they modified it)? I have a dairy allergy as well and will be attending this event in two weeks and being so limited all the time it was exciting to see they offered a charcuterie board!! Thanks in advance :)

Absolutely!!!!!

The first course they made her a bisque with coconut milk instead of cream. She loved it!!!! She was a little skeptical when he said coconut milk, but she said she didn't taste any coconut. Trader Sams she was served a cold app without the goat cheese and cream. The hot app was already dairy free. The entree she had potatoes instead of the purée and she had no sauce on her scallops. She got the special board at the Tea Room. And they did a dairy free dessert plate for her with chocolate cake and a pumpkin panacotta. They always knew they had someone with an allergy, but they weren't always sure who. But, they do use regular servers who we told at every stop and they handle it. There was also someone that had a truffle allergy (or she didn't like it) and that was also accommodated.

They called everyone a couple of days before and asked that you called them with any allergies or if you were unable to climb a flight of stairs. That's how we learned that the entire event is actually run from the Contemporary Special Events Department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter