Highs and lows 2 nights hipark serris 10-12th June

addverbaan

DIS Veteran
Knowing myself well, I probably will not get round to doing a full tr so thought I would just write my highs and lows instead.

We had a great trip and there were not really any lows as such but just 2 less then brilliant things

- The weather on our arrival day. Just as we pulled in to the Disney car park at around 11am, the heavens opened!! I mean it poured!! We waited in the car for 10 mins for it to ease up a bit, donned our rain gear and headed in to the park. Rather stupidly I had not put our wellies in the back of the car as I always do, so DS and DSBFF got soaking wet feet within 10 mins :( We ended up going back to the car to get out the flipflops for the boys which sounds mad but were actually more much comfortable for them to walk around in then soaking wet shoes. Due to the really bad weather, thunder and risk of lightening, most of the outdoor rides were (understandably) closed. Meaning big queues everywhere else. We wandered round for a few hours but did not get to do very much and we were all feeling a bit grumpy and starting to get snappy with each other so we headed back to the car to see if we could check in at the Hipark.

My second low was leaving home at 5am to do the drive. The last few years we have always gone the afternoon before, taking an easy drive and getting a good nights sleep before our holiday starts proper the next day. This time because of time constraints and wanting to keep to a tight budget, we did not do this. This just does not suit us at all and will be the last time we will do this. I just leads to an exhausting first day.

The highs.

Ironically the weather :-) apart from the rainy few hours at the start of our trip, we had glorious weather! it was around 25 degrees and gorgeous sunshine. This was so lovely compared to our normal chilly trips and the park is just stunning in the sunshine :)

Hipark. Lovely apartment, an easy 3 minute drive to the parks or an easy 18 minute walk (we timed it from the DLH to the hotel one day). The hipark was perfect for this trip as we had taken DS BF with us and it was lovely having a separate bedroom for 2 10 year old boys. Me and DH took the sofa bed which was lovely and comfy and all 4 of us slept very well. We ate breakfast in our apartment and made lunch to take with us to the park and really kept cost down this way. The boys and DH went back one afternoon for a swim and they loved the pool there. It was a lovely way to break up the long day for them and for a few hours.

Guest services and Fantasia Gardens: I took ice packs and a freezer bag with me from home and stored them in the freezer in hipark. We then made sandwiches up each day and but them in the bag with the icepacks along with cans of pop, fruit, chocolate etc and a thermos of coffee and put all this in a back pack which we put into guest services bag check for free each day, retrieving it at lunchtime. We then sat in one of the gazebo thingies in the shade in Fantasia Gardens to have lunch each day and it was a lovely peaceful half hour each day. So much nicer then fighting to buy lunch in the parks and so much cheaper too!

Indiana Jones: My DS was finally (with his Timberlands on) 140cm exactly and so finally got to ride this :-)) He was so happy as he has been waiting for years to be able to do so, and we got to investigate a whole new corner of the park :)

Dreams: Never gets old :) and for the first time we got to watch this sitting down in the warm night air :-) (should add that getting a flat bum from the hard floor was not exactly a high lol) Disney could make a fortune selling cushions in the summer time :-))

The Spring Promenade: As fab as the first time I saw it - it's just so HAPPY!!

The CM's. All friendly and happy :-) I know there are the odd grumpy ones around, but I am a firm believer that you get what you receive and I have never smiled or said hello to a CM and not had a great response back :)

Rapunzel: My high is the fact that DS and DSBFF did NOT want to meet her!!! A few times we walked past the queue, it tailed all the way into frontier land :-O

Thinks that's about it. We had a lovely trip, got loads done as the crowd levels were not too high, enjoyed the sunshine without getting too hot and left wanting more :-))

x

Welcome back, glad the rain didn't last long on your trip and that you managed to enjoy yourself:thumbsup2

Welcome back, shame about the rain spoiling a near perfect trip.

I know what you mean about getting a good nights sleep before a holiday starts. Even though we are only an hour away from London by train, I always book a room overnight near St Pancras so I can have a stress free trip down to to London, avoiding the rush hour commuters and a good nice sleep knowing I am just in walking distance to the train station.

Otherwise I won't be able to sleep at home worrying if the trains to London will be running in the morning and I'll wake up Grumpy!

I can't wait to see the Spring Festival next week.

Glad you had a great trip. Had to laugh about Rapunzel as I doubt I'll get away with it in the summer! OH could be queuing for us again :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter