Highly recommend the Epcot After Hours Wind Down!

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
I did the Rose and Crown and loved it. They had a beer flight and 3 generous samples of appetizers. Really enjoyed the much quieter pub and the servers had time to chat. Walking out of an almost empty park beautifully lite up.

Watched Allears.net youtube video on the Tutto Gusto Wind Down and that looked fabulous and booked that for our next trip.

Has anyone done the Spice Road Wind Down? I'm seriously considering adding that one but I'm worried the food might put off the DH.

Ooh! I have to look into that! Never heard of it, but will have some free time w the hubs one night this trip. Thanks :)

I booked the Tutto Gusto one for September!! I'm so excited for it! Any feedback from someone whose done if already would be appreciated!!

We have La Cava del Tequila reserved for next week. I noticed that the night we have this scheduled, the park is open for EMH from 9-11pm. I was really looking forward to seeing the world showcase almost empty but don't think that's going to happen. I've also thought about cancelling this reservation and making one for the same night at Le Cellier at 8:50 and just walking around world showcase afterwards. This is date night for my husband and I. Thoughts? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Two questions!

1. How was the bus situation when leaving, if you used WDW transportation? I'm nervous the buses may be few and far between since they tend to slow down after the Illuminations crowd has cleared.

2. Were there lots of loiterers around the WS after Illuminations ended? There always seem to be people moseying to the exit, so I'd hate to have that happen and have that empty "after hours" feel be taken away.

Two questions!

1. How was the bus situation when leaving, if you used WDW transportation? I'm nervous the buses may be few and far between since they tend to slow down after the Illuminations crowd has cleared.

You will have no issues with getting back to your resort. Disney won't leave you stranded, they will make sure you get a bus back to your resort. They know people are staying in the park later for the "wind down" reservations so you'll have fine.

You will have no issues with getting back to your resort. Disney won't leave you stranded, they will make sure you get a bus back to your resort. They know people are staying in the park later for the "wind down" reservations so you'll have fine.

I know this, but there have been times when we have waited quite a while for a bus during "off-peak times" - after a park has closed and evening entertainment has dispersed, in the morning when trying to get to an early ADR, etc. Since the after hours event is a comparably small number of people, I'm just curious how the buses have been.

Just convinced my DH to do this for end of August. Got Tutto Gusto :cool1:

My Epcot day is a Monday but our HS day is Thursday and we are having an early dinner at Cape May so this works perfectly. My DD (17) and DNiece (16) can either stay at Epcot for Illuminations or go back to the resort. This is me and DH time :woohoo:

Trying both Tutto Gusto and La Cava del Tequila in a few weeks, so excited! I tried making a ressie for a Monday (my birthday) but none were available, but all 4 were available the day before. Does anyone know if there are certain days of the week that it's not available?

I can't speak about buses because we stay in the Epcot resort area because the WS is my absolute favorite spot in the world. First and last day always.

Here is a video of the Tutto Gusto event. I'm sure I'll love it. It is like they made this event up just for me.pixiedust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0mo7J44as

Same-nothing better on the whole trip, could repeat every night for 3 months of winter IMO. The stroll back is so peaceful and convenient. Will be doing multiple wind downs if avail next trip.

Booked Le cava for Sept. Does anyone know if they still have someone talking you through the different tequila's or not? This is the main reason we choose to do this one and I'll be a little bummed if they just have shots lined up with the small plates of food and no one describing them to you. I don't like beer so Rose and Crown is out and I haven't seen any reviews at all for Spice Road. Has anyone been?

An earlier thread was asking what days this is held and I think it's Thursday thru Sunday, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ooh! I have to look into that! Never heard of it, but will have some free time w the hubs one night this trip. Thanks :)

I booked the Tutto Gusto one for September!! I'm so excited for it! Any feedback from someone whose done if already would be appreciated!!

We have tutto Gusto booked for end of August. I can't wait.

We have La Cava del Tequila reserved for next week. I noticed that the night we have this scheduled, the park is open for EMH from 9-11pm. I was really looking forward to seeing the world showcase almost empty but don't think that's going to happen. I've also thought about cancelling this reservation and making one for the same night at Le Cellier at 8:50 and just walking around world showcase afterwards. This is date night for my husband and I. Thoughts? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Two questions!

2. Were there lots of loiterers around the WS after Illuminations ended? There always seem to be people moseying to the exit, so I'd hate to have that happen and have that empty "after hours" feel be taken away.

Not familiar with this Wind Down. What is it and when. Thanks

Trying both Tutto Gusto and La Cava del Tequila in a few weeks, so excited! I tried making a ressie for a Monday (my birthday) but none were available, but all 4 were available the day before. Does anyone know if there are certain days of the week that it's not available?

How long are people allowed to stay?

From DisDining website

http://www.disneydining.com/hours-wind-new-hard-ticket-event-epcot-review/

I believe it should be said that if you want that empty park feeling, make sure you are not booking the wind down on a EMH evening.

They're changing around the EMH evenings during food and wine, and not having EMH on Friday, but the park is open until 10 so the wind down would be booked for 10:20 on a Friday or Saturday during the Festival.

Also, no wind downs on Saturday November 8 due to the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter