HIGHLY recommend Fury cozumel excursion!!!

pannm

Mouseketeer
I cannot tell you in words how great the "FURY sail, snorkel and beach" excursion was!

I was a little nervous about it, because they offered drinks (beer/margaritas and soda) and was wondering if a lot of people would drink a little too much and ruin the time...it was NOT an issue at all. In fact, most groups on board were families!

We got off of the Magic, walked a little ways down the dock and the Catamaran was right at the same dock that we were at! It could not have been more easy! No shuttles, no taxi's, no long walk anywhere!

My family and I had NEVER snorkeled before, so we were all newbies! The catamaran took us to a reef and explained all of the safety rules. This company is all about safety. We never felt worried or scared for one second. Once we reached the reef, we were able to get into the water for a half an hour. We saw zebra fish (MANY, MANY, MANY of them!!!), a HUGE piro fish (so large that some mom and her son kept saying it was a baby whale...ummm no- no whale, but it was huge!), jellyfish (yes, my daughter and I got stung, but it didn't really hurt much at all- just left a little red spot on our arm and it wasn't even enough to make us want to move away). The water was so clear, we could see EVERYTHING around us for A LONG ways. It was beautiful.

Even if you aren't a snorkeler- or if you get kids who are to scared to get in the water (not many of them were too scared when they saw all of the other kids in the water), you can choose to stay on board. Even if you stay on board, this excursion is still worth every penny!

After the snorkeling time, everyone gets back on the catamaran and you take a nice, relaxing ride to their private beach. This ride is when they open up the drinks/bar area and they serve margaritas, beer and soda. They come around asking you if you want more or if you need anything. They were totally there to serve you and make your excursion relaxing and fun!

Once you get to the beach, you have access to the most beautiful beach with palm/coconut trees everywhere! The sand is SUPER SOFT and easy to walk on, there are beach chairs, LOTS of hammocks, a few large beach beds to lay out on, a drink area where you continue to get free drinks, and a place that sells food. The water activities are amazing, with kayaks, water slide, inflated water mountains and other things. We had 1 hour at the beach- I could have spent another hour or two there! It was private, with only fury guests allowd to be there. There were plenty of chairs and hammocks for everyone and it never felt crowded, because they limit the number of people that are there all at once!

On the way back to the ship dock, they provided entertainment on the front deck- music and dancing, beverages still offered. It was beautiful to see the Magic at dock as we were riding back. Best day ever!

I would highly recommend this excursion for everyone. The company has some wonderful people working for them and they'll give you a lot of great times and wonderful memories!

I cannot tell you in words how great the "FURY sail, snorkel and beach" excursion was!

I was a little nervous about it, because they offered drinks (beer/margaritas and soda) and was wondering if a lot of people would drink a little too much and ruin the time...it was NOT an issue at all. In fact, most groups on board were families!

We got off of the Magic, walked a little ways down the dock and the Catamaran was right at the same dock that we were at! It could not have been more easy! No shuttles, no taxi's, no long walk anywhere!

My family and I had NEVER snorkeled before, so we were all newbies! The catamaran took us to a reef and explained all of the safety rules. This company is all about safety. We never felt worried or scared for one second. Once we reached the reef, we were able to get into the water for a half an hour. We saw zebra fish (MANY, MANY, MANY of them!!!), a HUGE piro fish (so large that some mom and her son kept saying it was a baby whale...ummm no- no whale, but it was huge!), jellyfish (yes, my daughter and I got stung, but it didn't really hurt much at all- just left a little red spot on our arm and it wasn't even enough to make us want to move away). The water was so clear, we could see EVERYTHING around us for A LONG ways. It was beautiful.

Even if you aren't a snorkeler- or if you get kids who are to scared to get in the water (not many of them were too scared when they saw all of the other kids in the water), you can choose to stay on board. Even if you stay on board, this excursion is still worth every penny!

After the snorkeling time, everyone gets back on the catamaran and you take a nice, relaxing ride to their private beach. This ride is when they open up the drinks/bar area and they serve margaritas, beer and soda. They come around asking you if you want more or if you need anything. They were totally there to serve you and make your excursion relaxing and fun!

Once you get to the beach, you have access to the most beautiful beach with palm/coconut trees everywhere! The sand is SUPER SOFT and easy to walk on, there are beach chairs, LOTS of hammocks, a few large beach beds to lay out on, a drink area where you continue to get free drinks, and a place that sells food. The water activities are amazing, with kayaks, water slide, inflated water mountains and other things. We had 1 hour at the beach- I could have spent another hour or two there! It was private, with only fury guests allowd to be there. There were plenty of chairs and hammocks for everyone and it never felt crowded, because they limit the number of people that are there all at once!

On the way back to the ship dock, they provided entertainment on the front deck- music and dancing, beverages still offered. It was beautiful to see the Magic at dock as we were riding back. Best day ever!

I would highly recommend this excursion for everyone. The company has some wonderful people working for them and they'll give you a lot of great times and wonderful memories!

THANK YOU so much for your review. I have been so nervous about this!! I just booked this after going back and forth for months with DH about doing this or not. (He REALLY wanted to and I really did not!) I have been so worried about the little kids and the snorkeling and about the drinking on board. I didn't want a party atmosphere around the kids. I am happy to hear about the safety as that was my biggest concern. If you don't mind, can I ask you a few questions about it? 1) Were there any younger kids? My 5yr olds are not very good swimmers and that concerns me. (My oldest two are very good swimmers so I am not too worried about them). But the twins are not great. Will they be ok with us watching them in the water and with those life jackets they give out? Was it mostly older kids? 2) I have heard that people from other ships will also be on the boat. That made me a little worried because I don't know if there will be mostly adults from other ships on there? 3) Was the equipment pretty clean? I know that sounds weird but considering you put the snorkel in your mouth I am sort of wondering how clean everything looks. Was the boat clean? Is there a restroom on the boat? 4) Lastly, are there nonalcoholic beverages for the kids? Bottled water or something? Thank you again and sorry so many questions. I know I tend to be an over worried mom!! ::yes::

Like the previous poster, I have been hesitant about this but dh is really excited about it.

But you got stung by jelly fish?

How many we're there?

Yikes!

My DH and DS did this last year. They also loved it and definitely would do it again when we get back to Cozumel. They said their biggest issue is that it wasnt long enough- they wanted to spend the whole day at the private beach! :goodvibes

My family did this as well. Loved it!! Beautiful water to snorkel. Lots of little kids so they have masks and life vests sized just for them. The crew is awesome and very helpful. I know my kids went to the bathroom but I don't remember what the bathroom looked like. Loved the private beach-could have spent all afternoon there. This is not a boozy cruise. There were just families from our ship. Water and soda for the kids or if you don't want the alcohol.

+1 for our family! We LOVED this excursion! Also agree with quickcat that the time at the amazing private beach isn't long enough, we could have spent all day just at the beach!

For the other questions: yes there are sodas for the kids, and the boat is pretty clean for a boat that runs that many people that many times per week but it is an 'older' boat so it isn't like being on a mini-DCL cruise but I thought it was in great shape. I think younger kids will be fine IF they like the water and swimming where they can't touch the bottom. If they aren't decent swimmers I'd definitely get in with them and "tow" them around so they can see the marine life below. There is always the option to just stay on the boat. $.02 but if you aren't sure just make sure they are the last to get off the boat so if they don't like it they can get right back on the boat and not have a line of people trying to get off they have to wait for. Enjoy!

1) Were there any younger kids? YES!!! Several. And all but one of them had never snorkeled before- they all got in the water with no problems!Will they be ok with us watching them in the water and with those life jackets they give out? At least one parent must be in the water with them at all times- it's a safety rule that Fury has.Was it mostly older kids? There were people of all ages, starting with about 4 years old.

2) I have heard that people from other ships will also be on the boat. That made me a little worried because I don't know if there will be mostly adults from other ships on there? When you book THROUGH Disney, your entire boat will be Disney people. You meet for your excursion inside the Disney ship and you all walk out together.

3) Was the equipment pretty clean? Very clean. They have to soak it and clean it in a solution.I know that sounds weird but considering you put the snorkel in your mouth I am sort of wondering how clean everything looks. Was the boat clean? the catamaran was very clean, spotless! Is there a restroom on the boat? Yes, there are two bathrooms on the boat. They were both clean and well kept! I am not a fan of dirty/old looking bathrooms at all- this catamaran had people working HARD to make sure everything stayed clean!

4) Lastly, are there nonalcoholic beverages for the kids? Yes, water and sodas (If I remember right it was sprite, coke or pepsi, and a diet of some sort)

I know I tend to be an over worried mom!! ::yes:: There were a lof of moms (including myself) like that on this excursion! There were thousands of questions about safety, all of them answered with confidence and caring. These guys deal with every crazy worry and make you feel 100% safe and cared for! I, myself, am an over worrier! I am a little over protective and I felt great and safe every second we were there!

If there is ever a worry, anyone can stay on the catamaran and not get in to snorkel. I would recommend that you at least get in for a little bit to snorkel, because all your worries get better once you're in the water and see how great it is! My 9 year old was nervous, almost in tears until one of the snorkel guides came over to her and talked to her personally! He answered about 10 questions of hers and he said he'd even get into the water and help her if she wanted him to. He didn't need to do that, but he went above and beyond! She didn't even go up to him to ask her a question, he just saw that she was nervous and he kneeled down on the floor to talk to her quietly so to not make a big deal about it to others.

There are no sharks in the area, (a question my daughter asked) so that is another thing to not worry about.

Like the previous poster, I have been hesitant about this but dh is really excited about it. I was hesitant as well. Truthfully, I didn't think my 9 year old and I would even get in the water at all...but when we got there and the snorkel guides answered all of our questions, I felt no worries at all!

But you got stung by jelly fish? Yes, my 11 year old daughter and I both were 'stung' by jellyfish. You don't even notice or see them unles you are on the outside of the group, and they aren't around all that often. The jellyfish there are quite small. They don't have 'bad stings.' To be honest with you, it felt like a string touching my arm...I looked and it was a jellyfish. I briefly got a bit nervous, but the guide said it was no big deal. I was on my way back to the boat, on the outside of the group. I didn't notice any pain. Once I got out of my snorkel gear, I looked at my arm and there was a very small, 1/2 an inch light red/pink line. It didn't hurt. My daughter had the same thing on her arm. She didn't even notice that she'd been 'stung'. About a minute or two after she got out of the water, hers was a TINY BIT ichy (like she had been tickled and needed to itch it), the guide put a small vinegar wipe on it for like 10 seconds and the itch was completely gone. Our red/pink lines on our arms were gone in less than a day with absolutely no pain or irritation at all!!!

How many we're there?There were a few, but mostly on the outside of the group...you could see them because the water was so clear, they aren't the kind that hurt badly if you get stung!

Yikes!

A lot of people (including myself before I snorkeled and got 'stung' by a jellyfish) think that ALL jellyfish stings are going to be painful and horrible. That is not the case. People hear horror stories of pain and agony caused by the jellyfish, because those are the 'cooler stories to tell'...You don't hear much about the "oh, I was stung and it didn't even hurt" stories, because they aren't interesting. About 10 people were 'stung' on our snorkel out of about 30 people on board. They all were laughing about it, because they thought it was going to hurt and they were so nervous when they saw them. It really, very honestly does not hurt. You may feel a little 'itchy' in the spot that got stung, but there is no pain involved. More like a very mild irritation for a very short time (less than 30 minutes if you don't use a vinegar wipe...less than a few minutes with a vinegar wipe-which they provided). The jellyfish in that area are extremely small and do not contain enough of a sting to worry about them at all. In fact, the guide said that the jellyfish hadn't even been around in over three months on that reef. They'd just started that week, but they never came in large numbers. If they were a problem, they wouldn't even stop there. They know that 50-75% of their customers are coming with kids AND have never snorkeled before. They want to give you great memories and they avoid any locations that could be potentially dangerous. They've done this for YEARS and all of their crew members are certified divers and know the area very well. They study and watch all of the fish/reef patterns and would never dream of stopping at a reef if there would be any problems.

The DCL site says the minimum age is 5. Did it look they they enforced this rule?

YES! This 4 year old turned 5 two or three weeks after the cruise. He was definately taller/bigger than some of the 5 year olds who got in. I think it's more of a 'size issue' than an age issue. They just have to go by ages because MOST 4 and under wouldn't properly fit into the snorkeling gear.

If there is ever a worry, anyone can stay on the catamaran and not get in to snorkel. I would recommend that you at least get in for a little bit to snorkel, because all your worries get better once you're in the water and see how great it is! My 9 year old was nervous, almost in tears until one of the snorkel guides came over to her and talked to her personally! He answered about 10 questions of hers and he said he'd even get into the water and help her if she wanted him to. He didn't need to do that, but he went above and beyond! She didn't even go up to him to ask her a question, he just saw that she was nervous and he kneeled down on the floor to talk to her quietly so to not make a big deal about it to others.

There are no sharks in the area, (a question my daughter asked) so that is another thing to not worry about.

Thank you SO much!! :flower3: You don't know how much you have helped relieve my worry! I am now looking forward to our excursion. Thank you again for answering all my questions!

This is not a boozy cruise. .

I totally agree! My husband and I are not big drinkers. We rarely have any drinks at all, we did have 1 or two on the catamaran and that kind of seemed to be what everyone did...the glasses are small with lots of ice and they were careful not to 'over serve' anyone. LOTS of families on this excursion and it was more like a 'family catamaran party' type of thing. It was totally set up for families, not a bunch of adults wanting to drink.

we did this in August- had a ball...my 9YO daughter saw the pictures on the DCL website, said she had to do it and loved it...i just wish they charged more and made it a full day excursion...

we just went on that excursion last week, even under the rain it was fun. My kids 9 and 11 but there were plenty of smaller kids. If you don't like snorkeling you can just float in the water. They do take pictures of you upon boarding and the Disney ship is on the background and in the water and try to sell it to you when you board the boat after the beach so make sure you have cash with you if you want to buy pictures. The inflatables is hard to climb but workers are right there next to them and trying to help the kids.

Was the beach rocky in the water? We did the Cozumel beach break last year, and there were so many rocks in the water. It was really hard to walk and swim out to the water inflatables. Also, what time of day was this excursion? What time did you leave the ship and get back on? I was wanting to make reservations for my son for the pirates league that evening before dinner, but don't want to be rushed. Thanks so much!

Very happy to see this review! It's on my list for our Nov. Fantasy cruise. Excited to hear most of the younger kids with no snorkeling experience liked it. My boys will be 6 & 8 & have never snorkeled. They did, however, get a mask & snorkel from their grandparents as a gift so are at least familiar with how they work so that's a start!

We did shopping at Cozumel, spent pesos, watched the catamarans from our stateroom when they came back. This will be our next trip when we go again to WC. Thanks for your report.

Next cruise Fantasy may 2014

Did you still have time to get out to Cozumel at all? We want to get us all shirts. :) hoping there is time!

Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience! We've got this one booked for our upcoming cruise, and I was worried about what to do if my DD freaked out over snorkeling. Instead of worrying about it, now I'm looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Did you still have time to get out to Cozumel at all? We want to get us all shirts. :) hoping there is time!

Yes you will have plenty of time. The Fury drops you off at the pier right at your ship but if you go through the gates towards Cozumel there is a nice shopping center right there with EVERYTHING you'd want to shop for. As with any Mexican port be prepared for some gentle pressure to "come in my shop" but it isn't bad. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter