Highlighters and Dry erase boards

TBMommy

Earning My Ears
Am I correct that both Castaway club gift bags and Dreams Unlimited gift baskets currently contain both highlighters and dry erase boards?

I just read this, I am so glad I didn't buy Disney themed dry erase boards from the Dollar Tree for FE gifts. I was planning on buying them tomorrow.

Yes. On our June cruise our CC gift contained a dry erase board/marker. We also received the DU gift basket and it also has a board/marker and a highlighter.

Not sure if the gifts have changed since then.

what with the cabin phone system and all, the dry erase boards seem, to me, an outdated source of communication.

it IS good, however, for Mickey to leave you a message....

what with the cabin phone system and all, the dry erase boards seem, to me, an outdated source of communication.

I kick myself on every cruise for not bringing a message board up to the pool to put on the lounger. Seems silly, but that always ends up being a need. I plan to bring one this time. That way, when one person has to duck out to catch the trivia game / scrapbooking / animation class / early lunch / we have a way to somewhat keep track. we have a big group...::yes::

My family hates carrying those phone. We kept it on the bathroom door to write where we were going and quickly evolved into the kids writing they were "overboard" or "steering the ship' . It's now on our refrigerator, where the kids continue to write smart alecky things. :rolleyes2

We tend to travel with the in-laws, so having boards on both cabin doors help us keep up with who's doing what where, and when. They're not big texters, and don't typically carry the wave phones, so making sure we can leave a note on both their door and ours has become critical to making sure no one feels left out!

Picking up a few dry erase boards may still be a good FE gift - I'm sure there are probably first-time cruisers on your cruise that won't receive a Castaway Club gift, and a lot of people don't book through DU to get the gift bag - so I'm sure there are people who could use one! :thumbsup2 And in my opinion, you can never have too many highlighters! :rotfl:

Actually, one of my favorite FE gifts was a small magnetic whiteboard that someone had had personalized with our meet thread logo, name, and cruise dates. I assume they got them made up at some printer - they looked professional! Those got a lot of use on the ship, and are a great reminder of the cruise and meet group now we're home.

Consider DCL can charge for any damage to doors, therefore it's best to use theres as if the lens run, IMHO, it's there own fault, whereas if you use yours they might blame you.

The DCL ones have very good strong magnetic strength and nice to write on, but the pens fun badly. However wipe off very easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter