Highlander447 Trip Report (long)...

highlander447

<font color=green>It's a dirty job but someones go
PREQUEL Getting There; After the news we where splitting our trip at AKL I spent hours on the net getting info so we could at least have a revised plan, got to bed about 2am. Got everyone up at 7.30 am after breakfast and a final check we had everything called for a taxi to take us to Airport in the UK we have been having pretty bad weather so it came as no surprise our flight to London was delayed by an hour turned into nearly 2 hours but we passed time by eating and shopping, fight was pretty choppy but ok, we got our luggage ok and went off to check into the travel inn no probs checking in my son was pleased as they had sports channel in bar and we wanted to watch the Liverpool game, booked a table for dinner we relaxed in room for a few hours then off to dinner which was pretty good for a travel inn after dinner we found a spot for the game then horror of horrors postponed due to weather, so far this weathers a real pain, so after a drink in the bar we join DW &DD in room for TV,I set alarm for 5.45 am then off to sleep. We had breakfast at Travel inn kids ate free which was good, called for taxi to airport only a 5 min journey, then it go's bad the airport was chaos no queuing system, seems something broke down which caused this after over an hour of queuing we check in ask about upgrade no chance this girl was not into customer service then we had a security check on the cases (this morning just gets better) we buy lunch etc for plane then head for gates then we are told 50 min delay half expected this due to weather but it turned into 90 min not too bad but means we will miss parades at USO.Flight over was choppy at parts but otherwise ok they showed Shrek 2(must be for me)& Terminal with Tom Hanks, we arrived at Sanford & it was bad took 90 min to process us queuing system was terrible no air conditioning you would be prosecuted for treating animals this way but enough said, we get cases and driver for limo waiting , he takes cases with wife & kids while I try & find a rep to speak too I wait 15-20 min finally get to speak to a rep who at first knows nothing, then checks sheet of paper and says oh someone is going to call you tomorrow, I was not in good humor these people where ticking me off to put it mildly we eventually arrive at RPR check in at Lowes line next problem they have us checking out on the 12th I say no should be 13th but obviously she can't help we don't have any US no's for Thomson and neither did this girl we check-in get room 3519 nice enough was not offered gift or upgrade I asked for wine she said ok we had a good view of the Luau but we where all tired and fed up with hassle both me and my wife where wondering what else is going to go wrong, we went to city walk and ate at NBA 20 min wait not accepting key cards Saturday, kids played a few games we got our table food was good DS had fish & fries, DD had burger & fries DW had chicken club & fries and I had 3 on 3 a selection of starters with 4 soft drinks after discount $40 our server was pretty good with the refills he had my glass being refilled as I emptied it never had a beer to uptight to trust myself with that we headed back to room all in bed for 10 pm (21 hrs on the go).

Ohhhh boy! Not a good start...it does get MUCH better right? :) I bet it has to! Anxiously awaiting more.....

Welcome Back! :Pinkbounc

Hi highlander! I have been eagerly awaiting your report. I hope the trip gets better!

Welcome back Highlander :) Bummer that things started off so stressfully,, I am anxious to hear the rest tho :)

:scared: :eek: Wow what a way to start a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

highlander, hope your trip turns out to be great, just wondering you mention discounts at the restaurants you eat at, what kind of discount are you using. thanks and enjoy your trip

Hi the discounts are the AP discounts which save u a small fortune

AP discounts are the annual pass discounts 15% off food in parks & 20% off merchandise in parks the discount is 10% at city walk venues although Margritville where doing 20% this month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter