• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Higher than Usual Crowd late April??

aprilbabes

Mouseketeer
Thinking of a very last minute trip to DW during the last week in April. Historically, this week usually has moderate crowd levels. I am wondering if that will be different this year because of the later spring break in some parts of the country (like here in NY).
Anyone else wondering the same? Are schools closed that week in many other areas?

I'm not sure about crowd levels, but I do know that there are two large cheer events at the end of April (Worlds is 23-25 and the Summit is 29-May 1) so you may want to avoid the all star resorts/ESPN WWoS area.

Disney has a HUGE marketing team. Their only job is to make sure every hotel is book as close to 99% as possible and to ensure parks are 99% of capacity every day of the week.

When you accept this fact, and stop worrying about crowd levels, your Disney trip will be so much more enjoyable. Plan for a 10, be happy when you get an 8 or 9.

I usually book a last minute trip in late April (usually between the 16th and 23rd, or a tiny bit later). I've never had trouble getting my pick of resorts. This year, the choices are much more limited than I usually encounter. This may be due to Cheer events stated above. We've decided to pass this year. My comfort zone is 5-6 crowd levels which is what we usually experience in late April. Not sure we'll see those levels much anymore at any time of year!

Schools that have a winter break in February are going to be on Spring Break at the end of April this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter