high yeild savings account which one do you use?

ING Direct is paying more than any other company that I currently know of/use.

American Express, Discover Bank. Just read about Smartypig.com in Money magazine, but haven't researched it.

We use capital one. At the time it was the highest interest. I haven't "shopped" around recently.

I use emigrantdirect.com. I also had an INGdirect.com at one time. Their rates were always pretty much the same. I didn't like ING because it assigned me a number as my user ID. And I think this was also the same account where I had to use all numbers as my password. I could never remember them. Emigrant allows you to choose a name which is much easier to remember whether I am on my home PC or at work.

We use capital one. At the time it was the highest interest. I haven't "shopped" around recently.

I too just opened an account at Capital One for the rate. It's currently 1.34 plus they pay a 10% bonus on your interest earned.

Technically Sallie Mae has the best base rate right now at 1.4% (according to bankrate.com http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/savings/savings-results.aspx?local=false&IRA=false&prods=33&ic_id=CR_searchMMASavingsRates_checking_MMASavings. I haven't used them, so I can't say how their service is or how often they change their rates or anything like that.

I use emigrantdirect.com. I also had an INGdirect.com at one time. Their rates were always pretty much the same. I didn't like ING because it assigned me a number as my user ID. And I think this was also the same account where I had to use all numbers as my password. I could never remember them. Emigrant allows you to choose a name which is much easier to remember whether I am on my home PC or at work.

I "think" there's an option to change it if you want to. I never did it, but a friend of mine mentioned it to me one time. I was making the same complaint that you just made.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter