High Tea

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by commdoc, Jun 2, 2013.

1. commdoc

commdoc Mouseketeer

We really loved the Palo High Tea on our Christmas cruise. I don't see it listed for our June Fantasy cruise. Is it only available in the winter? Only on the Magic?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ThePhantomsGirl

ThePhantomsGirl I was born to cruise!

DCL stopped doing it which saddens me as I loved it!

4. Otimon

Otimon DIS Veteran

Me, too. I think they eliminated the High Tea to allow more time for Brunch.

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Correct.

6. commdoc

commdoc Mouseketeer

Oh, that's disappointing. Thanks for the info.

7. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

I was SO disappointed as well! My mom and I love going to high teas and the one on the ship was amazing. I love everything Palo so I was so sad they got rid of this. I thought it was odd because you can get brunch almost anyehere and on the newer ships you can do brunch at Palo and Remy so I was surprised they let the tea go...Also the tea was always later. If I remember correctly my tea was in mid - late afternoon. Not the same time as brunch...

8. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The used the times that the tea was scheduled for to extend the brunch hours. Brunch always booked up faster and had a longer waiting list than the tea did.

9. cwdefouw

cwdefouw DVC Member since 1999

Plus our Palo server told us that when they did the Tea, the servers did not get a break at all. They had to go straight from Brunch to Tea to Dinner.

We really enjoyed the Tea, but we can understand why they made the change. For us it just means that we have to "sacrifice" and make the trip to the Grand Floridian and the Garden View Tea more often. :)