High School Musical

We saw the first show and it was cute, but very crowded! They sing some of the songs and at the end get the kids up to dance.

We saw the HSMPR at Magic Kingdom over Christmas Break and it was a lot of fun. Our daughter, who is 10, enjoyed getting up there and dancing with the kids!

On a side note, we went to the High School Musical: The Concert last night here in St. Louis. All of the original characters were there (Corbin, Ashley, Vanessa, Lucas, Monique, etc.) and it was awesome! A true Disney production!

I know it is in KC tonight, and then heads to California! If you get the chance to see it, do it!!

MM:teacher:

Just had to respond. My daughter was at the St. Louis concert last night too. Here it comes....it's a small world after all... I couldn't resist. She loved the show. Is this thread talking about a new show at WDW? It seems the first poster was talking about something different than the pep rally in MK.

Thanks,
Epcot Mom

Proud mom here - my S is the male singer in HSM Pep Rally (he did it at MK too and was cast again in the new show). The new show previewed yesterday at MGM - it is on a float like the pep rally at DCA. It starts out at Star Tours and follows the parade route. While they travel they sing and dance to "Bop to the Top" and do some cheers. THey stop in front of the hat for about a 15 minute show - "Getcha Head in the Game, Status Quo, It's Hard to Believe, We're All in this Together." It is much bigger and livelier than the show was at MK though there are some of the same elements. We really enjoyed it and the crowd really got into it. Lots of dancing and singing along. I think it will be pretty popular and bring some new energy to the Studios. But of course I'm biased!:)

Proud mom here - my S is the male singer in HSM Pep Rally (he did it at MK too and was cast again in the new show). The new show previewed yesterday at MGM - it is on a float like the pep rally at DCA. It starts out at Star Tours and follows the parade route. While they travel they sing and dance to "Bop to the Top" and do some cheers. THey stop in front of the hat for about a 15 minute show - "Getcha Head in the Game, Status Quo, It's Hard to Believe, We're All in this Together." It is much bigger and livelier than the show was at MK though there are some of the same elements. We really enjoyed it and the crowd really got into it. Lots of dancing and singing along. I think it will be pretty popular and bring some new energy to the Studios. But of course I'm biased!:)

Wow, he was great! When we saw the pep rally yesterday, I could not believe how good he was. One day, we'll be watching him on the Disney Channel!

Thanks buzzmom3! We're awfully proud of him - he's a great "Disney" kind of kid and this is a lifelong dream for him to be performing at WDW!

Thanks buzzmom3! We're awfully proud of him - he's a great "Disney" kind of kid and this is a lifelong dream for him to be performing at WDW!

Your DS was great! My 7 yo DS is a HUGE fan of HSM. We also saw the live concert (in Hartford) with the original cast. We were there at MGM yesterday for the first show. I think they did an awesome job and so did DS. I was impressed that they really sang and the dancers were great too!

Tell your son that he has a lot of new fans!

My friend Amy is one of the dancers. How cool.

I don't suppose anyone has photos of the performance at MGM? I was there until the 15th so I didn't get to see her perform in and would love some pics!

That's awsome! I have pictures of him from the show at MK. He is great! Also, I have friends as dancers (or cheerleaders) in the show.

hsm.jpg

You parents and friends must be so proud!! They were great at MK when we were there in Dec, we can't wait to return and see the new show!

Many thanks to all of those who work so hard to entertain us. Yes, they get a paycheck, but most do it for the joy. I worked for wdw many years ago and the $ wasn't what kept you coming back day after day. The best lesson I learned was the importance of loving what you do. Thanks to all of you from all of us!!!

Thank you so much for this description, it really helps me picture what the HSM pep rally is like. Wish we were going soon so I could see it in person.

We saw the HSM show on the second day and many of the performers are totally different from those pics! We really enjoyed the show, it was cute! :goodvibes

Thanks to every one for the nice comments about my S and the entertainers in general. They really do work hard but my S often remarks he would do it for free if he could afford to because he loves it so much. They had to get this new version up in 2 weeks so the rehearsal schedule was intense (including an overnight and a couple of 14 hour days - plus they have 2 full casts plus subs to integrate). But when you see them it looks like they've been doing it for a long time! I was pretty amazed.

the rehearsal schedule was intense (including an overnight and a couple of 14 hour days - plus they have 2 full casts plus subs to integrate).

Yes, my roommate was in the rehearsals. I think she was at work for three days straight...and now she's got the post rehearsal flu those of us in Disney entertainment are so familiar with!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter