High School Musical Pep Rally

jenn1121

Earning My Ears
My daughter is a HUGE fan of HSM and I see that they have a pep rally/parade at MGM. Does anyone know how long this will be there? We will be coming down to DW in Jan. 08.

Jenn

I think this is an ongoing thing. I'm also pretty sure with the second movie about to come out, that it will be around for sometime..... surely in January. My DD is looking forward to it again, so I sure hope it'll still be there!

I hope so! We will be there in Dec. and my DD7 REALLY wants to see the HSM pep rally!!!

Does anyone know where I can find out what times the High School Musical Pep Rally happens. Going our first day there w/ dd's 13 and 17. Gotta do this one!

I want to know also.... I can't seem to find any any information about what time the HSM pep rally starts. I can not wait to go in October.

When you enter the park, pick up a time schedule of events...it will list the times for the day you are there.

I found this information at the website below. I am not sure how accurate it is since I have never been to DW yet.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

Catch Wildcat fever! Cheer the interactive fun as school spirit overtakes you when you join in this awesome pep rally. East High cheerleaders and basketball stars lead the fun as you learn cheers and cool dance moves. Jam to the hottest tracks from the wildly popular Disney Channel movie and then strut your stuff to the super-charged musical finalé.
25-minute shows at Sorcerer Hat
10:35 & 11:35am, 1:00, 3:45, 4:45 & 5:45pm

IS IT REALLY GONNA BE THERE!!!! We saw something about it a while ago and I thought it was just there for a weekend or something, a bit like the star wars weekends? My DD's 15 and 5 were disappointed that they couldn't see it as they are both BIG fans,,, We are going to be there late August early Sep, can someone confirm that it will be there then, don't wanna tell my DD's until I know for sure :)
:thanks:

We were just there last week, and saw the pep rally twice. They do it in front of the sorcerer's hat twice a day. You should get there 30 minutes before it begins, in order to get a good viewing spot. They tape off the area, so you should know right where to stand. My girls, who are HUGE HSM fans, really enjoyed the pep rally. But my 6-year old was disappointed that it wasn't the "REAL" cast. The kids are REALLY good singers and dancers, but of course, they're no Vanessa Hudgens or Zac Efron!

I found this information at the website below. I am not sure how accurate it is since I have never been to DW yet.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

Catch Wildcat fever! Cheer the interactive fun as school spirit overtakes you when you join in this awesome pep rally. East High cheerleaders and basketball stars lead the fun as you learn cheers and cool dance moves. Jam to the hottest tracks from the wildly popular Disney Channel movie and then strut your stuff to the super-charged musical finalé.
25-minute shows at Sorcerer Hat
10:35 & 11:35am, 1:00, 3:45, 4:45 & 5:45pm

This is a reliable site. I can't wait for this one either. My daughter LOVES HSM and is upset right now that we won't be home on the night that HSM2 comes out...lol I've promised her we'd try to catch it in the hotel if they have Disney channel...lol *crossing my fingers* :rolleyes1

I can't tell you anything about this site. I just stumbled upon it. I also want to see HSM pep rally and would love for someone to confirm this site.:cheer2:

IS IT REALLY GONNA BE THERE!!!! We saw something about it a while ago and I thought it was just there for a weekend or something, a bit like the star wars weekends? My DD's 15 and 5 were disappointed that they couldn't see it as they are both BIG fans,,, We are going to be there late August early Sep, can someone confirm that it will be there then, don't wanna tell my DD's until I know for sure :)
:thanks:

When my family was at WDW in December, the HSM pep rally was at the MK (Tomorrowland...I think...for whatever reason). It was moved to MGM soon after...which makes more sense. I can't confirm anything, but with the impending release of HSM 2, I don't think the pep rally is going away any time soon. We are planning to see it when we return this December. If it's not there, my DD (6) and DW (40) will be shattered.:sad2:

I'm pretty sure it will still be there. I recently attended Cast Update. This is a meeting for MGM cast members hosted my Michael O'Grattan (VP of the studios) where he tells about upcoming additions and changes to the park. There was definately no mention about the Pep Rally going away. It is incredibly popular and a great show. The only thing that could have an effect on it is one thing he mentioned. He said that in 2008 (presumably the end of the year) there will be a new show in the ABC Theatre. This is suppost to be one of the most popular attractions yet. The rumors floating around are that it could be a HSM show. But i feel sure that in one way or another there will be a HSM show for you and your children to enjoy.:dance3: Hope that helps.

James

I think this is an ongoing thing. I'm also pretty sure with the second movie about to come out, that it will be around for sometime..... surely in January. My DD is looking forward to it again, so I sure hope it'll still be there!

I agree it draws a crowd.

I can't tell you anything about this site. I just stumbled upon it. I also want to see HSM pep rally and would love for someone to confirm this site.:cheer2:

That info is correct...we saw it twice when we were there last month. DD absolutely loved being able to join in the dancing.

Wow I am really hoping that this show is there in November. DD is a HUGE HS Musical fan! She wants to see this sooooo bad!

;)
I'm pretty sure it will still be there. I recently attended Cast Update. This is a meeting for MGM cast members hosted my Michael O'Grattan (VP of the studios) where he tells about upcoming additions and changes to the park. There was definately no mention about the Pep Rally going away. It is incredibly popular and a great show. The only thing that could have an effect on it is one thing he mentioned. He said that in 2008 (presumably the end of the year) there will be a new show in the ABC Theatre. This is suppost to be one of the most popular attractions yet. The rumors floating around are that it could be a HSM show. But i feel sure that in one way or another there will be a HSM show for you and your children to enjoy.:dance3: Hope that helps.

James

Hi James: was there any mention of RRC and specifically when it is going down for rehab? We are going crazy over on the theme parks board! ;) The rumor is a 5-week closing starting Sept. 5 and supposedly recently confirmed by RRC CMs but it hasn't been officially announced and AFAIK it would be pretty unusual for major downtime for a top attraction to be announced less than at least 2-3 months in advance. Thanks for any information you can provide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter