• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

High school grad ideas

plutopuppy

Who Loves Disney More, Me or DD?
Graduation Ideas for WDW trip with my DD graduating from high school? I want it to be a special trip!! Any pointers on gifts. Things that can be sent to the room? Arrival gifts? any and all ideas welcome!

I know you have probably thought of this, but the Mickey Graudation ears! I don't know if it can be done (with Disney it probably can haha) but ask to see if there's any way to buy them before the trip and send them to your room, so they are there when you show up. Maybe with some confetti around the ears :)

I know you have probably thought of this, but the Mickey Graudation ears! I don't know if it can be done (with Disney it probably can haha) but ask to see if there's any way to buy them before the trip and send them to your room, so they are there when you show up. Maybe with some confetti around the ears :)

What a fabulous idea! Thank you! I did want to get the grad ears but to have that little beauty waiting would be awesome! Now to figure out the how :thumbsup2

Just wanted to add that I ordered (as a surprise) a pair of the graduation ears for my DD who is graduating in June. They came in already and are soooo cute. There are two different styles to choose from. I'm having a local vendor embroider her name on the back of the cap and plan to give it to her at her graduation party - she'll so wear them in August when we go. These are the ones I got for her:
http://www.amazon.com/Mickey-Mouse-...QCK2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1334071322&sr=8-3

I actually got them directly from Disney and not Amazon

Check out the Creative DISign section for the DIS and look at some of the t-shirt designs they make.. I had one of the DISigner's (rustmanfan) create a mickey head tee showing what we are celebrating.. I can't wait to give it to her.. (it's a surprise)...

I had a very close friend her on the DIS pick up the Mickey ears w/ the blue grad cap
Mickey Ear Grad Hat
She loves it!! I gave it to her early as she was offering to pay some friends going down to buy it for her while they were on spring break!

We are going to be celebrating the end of June her graduation!!! Can't wait!!
Good luck and congrats to your DD!

How about a small cake with her name either on it or around the rim of the plate. Yes, go to the design board and find several designs and have them personalized with her name. You could also do the chocolate slipper with congrats and her name around the rim:) Good luck and magical memories:)

I second getting the Mickey graduation ears, and it is a good idea to get them ahead of time. I ordered some for my niece last year so she could wear them on our June trip, and I was so glad I did. Several people commented that they weren't able to find them in the parks. Something else I recommend is a signature graduation Mickey. They sell them at Walgreens. It is a white satin like material Mickey doll w/grad cap and a black marker for getting signatures. My niece took it around the parks and to our character meals and got it filled with signatures. Definitely a great souvenir, and she had a blast seeking out characters as well!

:)The items DH has sent me to the room from the Disney Florist have been lovely. I really don't care for vinylmation but they do have some cute graduation ones. A facial at SSR would be awesome.

My DD graduates this year too, thanks for all the suggestions/ideas.

DH's family (12 of us) are spending a week in June at WDW, and we are having lunch at Via Napoli at our EPCOT day and are ordering a small cake to celebrate her graduation. We did that for her 16th birthday 2 years ago when we ate in China and she really enjoyed that.

Note to self...get those graduation ears! ::yes::

She loves the vinylmation .... gotta check those out :)

WOW!! What a compilation of fabulous ideas! thank you~it looks like there are a few like minded parents out there! Congratulations to all of you. I think I will go with the adavance purchase of ears and check out the 't' and maybe the cake at dinner ! Cannot wait until our trip late July!!

You could let her pick a pearl in Japan or DTD and then have it set in a necklace or bracelet, or earrings if she gets twins! :goodvibes

Depending on your budget, there are some "in room celebrations" which are congraultions/well done type scenarios. I believe they are pretty expensive (somewhere around $300) but also pretty cool. Im also told the merchandise included totals up to the price paid so you do actually get your moneys worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter