High School Class of 2016/College Class 2020

I didn't know you were supposed to send a letter of acceptance to a college. I'm assuming you send a letter to the other schools you don't choose as well?

I think that was me that wrote that, right? That was probably poor wording. For the one that DD is most likely going to, you have to register online and then send in the tuition deposit by May 1. That is how they know you are committing to their school. For the other schools, we have one letter to send back if she declines and the other two are online. But I do think they want decisions one way or the other in some form (online or written). But I guess if you don't respond and send the tuition deposit by their deadline, then they also know you aren't accepting.

I think it's polite to respond if you're not attending. It also allows them to free up a spot for someone else.

DD's formal acceptance came in the mail today. They gave a nice little merit scholarship, but it's not as good as I had hoped. No mention of the music scholarship auditions (supposed to be sometime in early March) for which DD applied same time as common App. She did get invited to accepted students weekend. I think she'll go. This school is high on her list. I don't know why I'm feeling sad all of a sudden.

My son was admitted to U of FL yesterday! We are very excited! He is still at HS this am for a lock-in and won't get home until late today so we will sit down with him tomorrow and make his final decision at that time.

Any other kids going to UF?

His other choices are UC Boulder, Alabama, and Iowa State, although I believe he has eliminated Iowa State already. He will be doing aerospace engineering.

My son was admitted to U of FL yesterday! We are very excited! He is still at HS this am for a lock-in and won't get home until late today so we will sit down with him tomorrow and make his final decision at that time.

His other choices are UC Boulder, Alabama, and Iowa State, although I believe he has eliminated Iowa State already. He will be doing aerospace engineering.

Congrats! My DD has a friend who is going to UF-she is from there and excited about moving back.

We just got back from visiting Golden-Colorado School of Mines. My DD loved the school and town but is worried about the course load. She is torn between Uof Arkansas (Fayetteville) and Mines. We met another family who's DD (the school visit to Mines was for the Society of Women Engineers so nothing but females at this particular visiting class) also is considering Alabama for engineering. Good schools.

Congratulations. That's wonderful that he has all those choices. Good luck to him.

My DD still only has one acceptance and no rejections. We are probably not going to hear anything else before March.

It is so hard waiting for the decision from the universities, especially when so many universities have rolling admittance and many of the kids' school mates have already made their choices and are now making plans! March 1st seem like a long wait, but it is completely normal and many schools have that date.

Hang in there!!

Waiting is so hard! DD heard from the 3 schools that she applied EA or had rolling admissions. Still waiting on the 4 that are RD- I think the notifications for them won't be in until the last week of March.

Many of her friends that have applied to mostly state schools with rolling admissions have already heard from them all and have made their final decisions. I feel like we won't make our final choice until the May 1st deadline!

DD, her dad, and I are so ready for the whole process to be over with!!! Seems like it has been going on forever.

Yes. The wait is murder! Most of DD's schools won't be sending their decisions until the END of March. At least we know she's in somewhere.

I can't get my dd to make a decision. I think in the back of her mind she'll get into her #1 pick...yet that's not our #1 pick for her. Either that or she's scared of going off. If anyone asks her where she's going she just smiles and says she doesn't know, but it's between school A & B.

I guess the other hard part is she doesn't have any friends going to either school.

Hi all...just found this thread. Wish, wish, WISH I had time to read it all because I'm sure that the answer to this question is answered somewhere:

We have not yet received our 2015 tax info back from our CPA. The CSS is due to Notre Dame tomorrow...do I just estimate? Use our 2014 info?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi all...just found this thread. Wish, wish, WISH I had time to read it all because I'm sure that the answer to this question is answered somewhere:

We have not yet received our 2015 tax info back from our CPA. The CSS is due to Notre Dame tomorrow...do I just estimate? Use our 2014 info?

Any help is appreciated.
Go ahead and give your best guesstimate based on last year's return. Once you do your 2015 return (and fill out the FAFSA, I'm guessing, if you haven't already?) the school will be able to accurately assess your financial aid.

Any help is appreciated.
Yes. Just estimate. I have 3 schools that want my 2015 taxes uploaded to idocs by tomorrow. I called them and they said no problem, just send them as soon as you have them.

Go ahead and give your best guesstimate based on last year's return. Once you do your 2015 return (and fill out the FAFSA, I'm guessing, if you haven't already?) the school will be able to accurately assess your financial aid.

Yes. Just estimate. I have 3 schools that want my 2015 taxes uploaded to idocs by tomorrow. I called them and they said no problem, just send them as soon as you have them.

Thanks...that is what we did on the FAFSA, but it wasn't as clear on the CSS. I have it all typed in and saved, but I was leery of hitting "submit" if the numbers weren't accurate.

I didn't think it was clear on the CSS either. It looked like you had to pay every time you changed something. However, their deadlines were way before we did our taxes. I really don't want to pay to resubmit!

I didn't think it was clear on the CSS either. It looked like you had to pay every time you changed something. However, their deadlines were way before we did our taxes. I really don't want to pay to resubmit!

OK...I did not change the css profile. I only changed the fafsa. All the schools getting the css are also getting the fafsa, so they should have my changes. Also, my numbers (based on last year) were very close. The only real difference was employer contribution to 401(k), which I forgot to include originally. Oops. We will see if it will be a problem. I'm not really expecting a lot of aid anyway. We make too much for aid and too little to actually afford full price.

OK...I did not change the css profile. I only changed the fafsa. All the schools getting the css are also getting the fafsa, so they should have my changes. Also, my numbers (based on last year) were very close. The only real difference was employer contribution to 401(k), which I forgot to include originally. Oops. We will see if it will be a problem. I'm not really expecting a lot of aid anyway. We make too much for aid and too little to actually afford full price.
Where I live, you pretty much have to be receiving food stamps to get anything.

DD is thinking speech and language patholgy.
My ddd is speech too. She was thinking education, we discouraged that. She was thinking something medical but wasn't sure. As she explored her options, speech and language pathology seemed like the perfect blend of education and medicine. She's super excited. So many option in this field and so much work available.

Where I live, you pretty much have to be receiving food stamps to get anything.

True for the state schools, but DD is applying to some schools with cost of attendance in the $60ks. I figure those schools might give us a couple thousand a year. Lol. We're toast unless DD gets merit.

This. I'm 99.9% certain that we won't qualify, but DS's counselor insists that all students complete it anyway.

You ought to get at least *something* just for filling out the darn thing! ;)

What's frustrating is hat you're requitesd to fill it out. They need to just list the magic qualifying amount on their website & then it'll save us all time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter