High Gas $4.00 a gal predicted ??

becky1960

DIS Veteran
A new article by Oil and Gas analysts are now predicting $ 4.00 + Gas by summer. Is anyone else having second thoughts.

A new article by Oil and Gas analysts are now predicting $ 4.00 + Gas by summer. Is anyone else having second thoughts.

LOL you will be paying way more than we do finally for gas LOL we are sitting at about 85-99 cents a litre currently. As for gas prices they have no affect on our family we drive because we like to drive gas could cost us 10 bucs a litre and we would still pay it and wy because we like the freedom of being able to drive be it to the grocery store or down teh street to taco bell.

Don't even get me started on the what a crock gas prices are these days. It has risen EVERY DAY around here. Won't be long at all before 3$ again.
Will I change my plans for WDW and towing w/ my gas hog SUV - No. Will I change my driving habits? absolutely. When gas was 3 bucks last year- I consolidated trips, drove 55mph etc...
Dare I say 4 bucks a gallon will cost 125$ to fill my tank.:sad2:
Gas and eLectric is scheduled to increase significantly here in July I believe. I just don't know how some families are going to make it?
AND our new governer wants to increase the state tax at the gas pumps as well.
You guessed it... I live in the "tax me" state.

Our van has a 97 litre tank and we deal with it by filling up at half a tank it is still 40 plus bucks for a half tank of gas but I really don't care either. I look at it this way gas is part of the cost of driving and it is only going to get more and more expensive if you want to complain about gas prices try living in Europe LOL then you can complain about the price of gas. Compare the price of gas to the cost of milk up here we pay over 5 bucks for 4 litres of milk and we are going through that every 2 days so for us it costs us more for milk than for gas for our van or our car every month.

No, we'll still go - it just means there's less money to spend on other stuff while we're there. We'll eat out less, buy fewer souvineers, etc. What do you do :confused3 - not gonna stop living because of it.

I feel for low income families and I don't know how many will make it! It's a catch 22 for them, they gotta buy gas to get to work (at low paying jobs) and they gotta work to buy gas they need for transportation!

No, I'm not worried about my Disney trip - just can't be that selfish. I am angry at the record profits of the oil companies!:mad:

Will it stop me from going to WDW with my 3500 truck and tt...no, but like others have posted it sure will cut into spending money. What really cuts us is, as crazy as it sounds, we are a family that loves to take road trips on the weekends, we love to just ride 1 hour away to just look at tt or ride and look at big houses...etc...well this has changed for us we have just been staying home on the weekends, messing around local...a good weekend for us use to be eating in the car and just riding around :rolleyes: not anymore.

Oh Canada, isn't there a calcium supplement you all can take thats cheaper than your milk - EH?
Thank God the cows are cheaper here!:lmao:

Oh Canada, isn't there a calcium supplement you all can take thats cheaper than your milk - EH?
Thank God the cows are cheaper here!:lmao:

I am sure there is but I would rather drink the milk LOL especially when it comes in bags rather than a plastic jug. Plus the cows up here are better anyway. Just ask any Alberta cattle farmer.

I remember after Katrina the theme parks were absolutely dying. I remember seeing lot's of deals so some of you who have to travel further might find a little savings when you arrive. Not saying it will be for sure but maybe WD will feel the crunch too and lower a few prices.

I've also heard these rumours of gas being 4.00 a gallon. Sadly, it looks like they might not be far from the truth. The spike in oil prices that occured over the last 2 months won't be felt at the gas pump until the middle of summer probably, couldn't happen at a worse time.

$3.05 here today...barely Aprill...by Memorial Day well on the way to $4.00. Paid 3.80 last summer

Hey Rbork, sounds like you are from my hometown of Maryland. Don’t forget the new bill that will allow for instate tuition for those that have moved here without permission. At $4.00 a gallon it will cost me $220 to fill my fuel tank in the RV :scared:

Last year when gas prices peaked I bought a Yamaha scooter. 100 mpg and a lot more fun to drive than my truck.:moped:

even at $4/gal, it is still cheaper for us (4) to drive and haul the camper than it is for us to fly and stay at say a value resort.

especially if you factor in that we are sort of spoiled and if we fly we have to factor in a rental car. DH has enough with the WDW bus system ages ago.

plus, it has been a while since we have been back to the fort and we definatly notice the difference in the "feel" of our vacation. We are longing for the relaxed element that goes along with a stay at FW.

I look at it this way gas is part of the cost of driving and it is only going to get more and more expensive if you want to complain about gas prices try living in Europe LOL then you can complain about the price of gas.

I lived in Europe (Germany) and loved leaving the car parked almost everytime we travelled anywhere (local and long distance). Their transportation system is awesome and if I could clone their train system and place it here between the major cities in my state, I'd be a happy lady. If you pay for gas in Europe it's because you really really want to.

About the original question; gas prices could and have changed our vacation plans. We wouldn't cancel but have taken another form of transportation and $4 a gallon would have us rethinking everything we're planning in July. Last September when gas was headed to or around $3 a gallon I checked Amtrak's web page and found they were having a special, 2 kids half off with each adult ticket purchased. It would cost about the same as buying gas for us and I figured since the train was already going, it would be winning solution in many ways. We had such a good time (I have GOT to write that trip report!) and yes, we camped!

I lived in Europe (Germany) and loved leaving the car parked almost everytime we travelled anywhere (local and long distance). Their transportation system is awesome and if I could clone their train system and place it here between the major cities in my state, I'd be a happy lady. If you pay for gas in Europe it's because you really really want to.

About the original question; gas prices could and have changed our vacation plans. We wouldn't cancel but have taken another form of transportation and $4 a gallon would have us rethinking everything we're planning in July. Last September when gas was headed to or around $3 a gallon I checked Amtrak's web page and found they were having a special, 2 kids half off with each adult ticket purchased. It would cost about the same as buying gas for us and I figured since the train was already going, it would be winning solution in many ways. We had such a good time (I have GOT to write that trip report!) and yes, we camped!

Oh only if Canada and the US could adopt a transit system like they have in Europe mind you the distance of travel in North America makes it very non user friendly. I mean the longest distance by train is what a day maybe day and a half compare that with 3 days or more to even drive from one coast to the other in both Canada and the US. I love driving and would drive everyplace even if living in Europe LOL.

even at $4/gal, it is still cheaper for us (4) to drive and haul the camper than it is for us to fly and stay at say a value resort.

especially if you factor in that we are sort of spoiled and if we fly we have to factor in a rental car. DH has enough with the WDW bus system ages ago.

plus, it has been a while since we have been back to the fort and we definatly notice the difference in the "feel" of our vacation. We are longing for the relaxed element that goes along with a stay at FW.

Our family prefers to drive also and flying from Canada is just to damn expensive to think about. I called the other day for flights for my wife and I. Sunwing out of Toronto was having a seat sale 29 dollars for our flight down then with the flight home and taxes it was 738.00 dollars for 2 of us LOL. for our family of soon to be 6 that would be way out of the question especially when we can drive down and it costs us about 200 US to drive down and home including a one night stop in Valdosta on our way down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter