High chairs in the room?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
We are staying at the BWV in Oct. My son will be 1 1/2 when we go. I have never traveled with a child this young. ( DD was 2 1/2 when we went the first time). Do the resorts have high chairs for use in the rooms? Any suggestions if they don't? Thanks.

We stayed at OKW when my ds was 7mos. (he's now almost 4)and they gave us a High chair as we requested. It was the kind like they have in a McDonalds though - the wooden ones. Not overly great but worked. So they do have them. If you don't care for that kind though, you could always use your stroller if you'll have one with or I've heard good things about people renting high chairs and Cribs from A BABY'S BEST FRIEND .

HTH'S

We are staying at the villas for the first time with a 2 year old.
But in the pictures I have seen on other sites they show a closet with foldup crib , vacuum, and high chair.

Have a magical Time!!!

We took my son to WDW when he was 11 months. We were at All Star Sports, so I'm not sure if they had highchairs or not. We didn't even think to ask.

What we did was brought a little portable highchair along with us. It came in very handy, especially since the rooms are tiny. We could sit him in it with a snack while we tidied up, got ready, etc . You can get them just about anywhere and they cost about $15 - $20.

Hi!

If the BWV can loan you a highchair that would be great! If not, don't worry. We did many highchair-less hotel stays (Disney and otherwise) with our kids at that age and younger and it always worked out okay. If driving, we would take a portable booster w/tray as the previous poster mentioned--ours is by Safety 1st, $19.99 at Target. That works really well; you can strap it to a sturdy chair or sit it on the floor.
If we were flying we didn't want to waste suitcase room on the booster seat so we'd take a stroller with a snack tray and just feed the baby in that.

On last year's WDW trip our younger DS was 17 months. Part of the time he ate in the stroller, but by the end of the trip he was learning how to sit on his knees on an adult chair at the table to eat and he did great. It got a bit messy but we always bring one of those cheap plastic "splat mats" on trips so no problem there.

Have a wonderful trip. Your little one is at a great age for WDW! Our 17-month-old was absolutely enthralled by everything there! :)

I went with my DD when she was 2 weeks shy of 1. We stayed concierge at the Poly and they had the wooden trayless highchairs. She did fine in those even though she had never tried one before the trip. I had purchased those playmats and they were wonderful. I don't know if your 18 month old would try to pull them off by they do stick pretty well. Much easier than trying to stop her from throwing a plate on the floor.

I did use A Baby's Best Friend (ABBF.com) to rent a full size crib and a 2nd stroller (brought my own double for 3 & 4 year old).

It was a great trip and the baby was the easiest one! She loved it all wasn't afraid of anything and napped when she needed in the stroller. The baby care centers in the parks are great!

Here's a link to the placemats:
placemats

Thanks! You guys helped alot. I keep forgetting that by the time we go on our trip Luke will be 1 1/2. I totally forget what that age is capable of. He may be learning how to sit on his knees by then!
I didn't even think of the stroller either. I hope we have a great trip. DD has always been so good other visitors comment. Luke is even easier but we have never traveled with him so who knows!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter