high chairs and cribs at BWV?

Patpat15

DVCer
We are going to BWV July 15 through July 24 and it occurred to me that we need a high chair and a crib for our 1 year old baby. Is there any way of requesting and getting these in our room? We are flying down from Long Island and cannot bring these things with us?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

we had a pak-n-play in our room...worked great. not sure of the high chair...try using your car seat as a seat in the room.

We stayed at OKW earlier in June and we requested a high chair in our unit and it was there waiting on when we arrived.

I have a 4 YR old (Boy) and a 2 YR old (Girl) and we forgot to bring bed rails. On a chance I called down to front desk and asked for three sets of bed rails (one on each side and one on the end) and when we got back from the parks, we had three bed rails waiting.

Now that's really what I call Home Away from Home service. Nowhere but DVC resorts could you ever imagine would stock bed rails as a standard item! ! ! I was amazed ! !

Ayaz

What kind of high chair was it, a plastic one or one of those wood restaurant types.

Thanks!

Last year we stayed at BWV's. We requested a high chair and crib also. The crib was metal but worked fine, and the high chair was wooden with a mickey shape in the back.
Was not in the room when we arrived but after a call to the desk they were both delivered within 1/2 hour.

Did not ask about bed rails. That is something I would like to know for our next trip.

Just a thought...when we travelled to Disney in May our son was 6 months old and we used the metal crib when in BCV because he had never slept in a pack and play. There are no bumper pads on the crib and I was concerned that he would roll into the sides. He was a pretty vigorous roller at the time and he wasn't used to unprotected railings. For the other 2 days at WL we used the pack and play and it was fine. We did buy a small blanket for him to use the one we brought wasn't big enough. When we go to BWV and WLV in August (he'll be 10 months) we will just use the pack and play because he has been standing up and moving around the crib and I prefer him to be protected by the soft sides and top of the pack and play.

Have a good trip.

Kathy

I had listed both a crib and high chair on my initial reservation at BWV for our recent trip in June and also requested the same items when I reconfirmed directly with the resort one week prior to arrival. I had always been told that a Pac-n-Play would be in my room to use as a crib, however, the bellhop that delivered our luggage offered to bring us one of the "old" metal cribs and we accepted, being nervous about the Pac-n-Play. (We used pillows from the couches as bumpers.) As for the highchair, it never arrived the first day even though I called the front desk twice to ask for one to be delivered. It is a wooden restaurant style, but our DS took to it easily, and he enjoyed most meals out on the balcony. We made use of our car seat in the car nearly every day, so lugging it back and forth to the room would not have been easy.

So be persistent at check-in to make sure you have those items you want in your room immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter