HIFS - We're Here NOW - My Observations - Any Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by taylor1293
IMO, no HIFS is not worth $184 a night. It is a family style, budget resort. However, do I think you deserve a refund? No. Not for the reasons you listed. I think refunds are necessary for issues such as unclean rooms, rude staff, problems with the rooms itself, and so on. I don't think you should receive one for not having enough storage space and not having a chair by the pool.
Teresa

Teresa:

First off, I was not asking for a "refund". I didn't want any of my money back. What I wanted was a reduction in the cost of the rooms because that's what was causing my displeasure with my family's experience.

If you're looking at cars and are being quoted $60,000 for a BMW, you likely feel pretty good about it. If you're being quoted $60,000 for a Hyundai, and found out that it's really only worth $30,000, you likely feel bad about it and would stop the transaction before it took place, wouldn't you?

Same thing here. Betwen the DIS boards and the fact that the hotel is filled with nothing but "suites", I was led to believe that this was an upper-moderate facility and not any sort of discount budget hotel. Truth is, it's somewhere in the middle.

Right or wrong, I thought I was going to get all the Disney amenities and more space for the same price as a Disney moderate hotel. It made sense to me- lure the $180+ a-night crowd away from a Disney moderate by charging them the same rate, keeping all the amenities the same, and giving them triple the space as a deal-breaker. That's what did it for me. Instead of squeezing into one room at the CBR as intended, I got a full suite at HIFS. I expected to lose the 'magic' of course; the little Disney things that make a stay on site so appealing. What I didn't expect to lose were the basics in upper-moderate hotels as detailed in prior postings.

It's a matter of perception. If you perceive the HIFS to be on par with CBR or any other Disney moderate hotel you're going to be disappointed. If you are paying CBR prices, you're going to be flabbergasted. If you perceive the HIFS to be on equal footing to a basic Holiday Inn or any number of $99-a-nite hotels then you're going to be thrilled beyond belief.

I will not go into detail, but the management of the HIFS did the right thing and made this customer feel much better about his experience this past week. They have also given me the impression that they hear where I'm coming from and that the Nickelodeon-ized version of the HIFS will be what I envisioned the current HIFS to be - an upper-moderate suite hotel catering to families that can afford high Disney prices and demand Disney level amenities and service levels. That said, those of you looking for a bargain might look elsewhere next year as the pizza party coupons and Entertainment book discounting might be (thankfully) on the way out the door. Some of us want to pay more to get more. I wasn't afforded that opportunity this year, but next year sounds promising so it looks like we'll be back at the new, improved, and upgraded NFS in 2005.

Originally posted by boltjames
Teresa:

I will not go into detail, but the management of the HIFS did the right thing and made this customer feel much better about his experience this past week. They have also given me the impression that they hear where I'm coming from and that the Nickelodeon-ized version of the HIFS will be what I envisioned the current HIFS to be - an upper-moderate suite hotel catering to families that can afford high Disney prices and demand Disney level amenities and service levels. That said, those of you looking for a bargain might look elsewhere next year as the pizza party coupons and Entertainment book discounting might be (thankfully) on the way out the door. Some of us want to pay more to get more. I wasn't afforded that opportunity this year, but next year sounds promising so it looks like we'll be back at the new, improved, and upgraded NFS in 2005.

Man, that really disappoints me. If you expect Disney, stay Disney. My family can't afford Disney prices, plus because I have 3 little boys, the HIFS fit us nicely. HIFS was a great value and I hate the thought of losing that to higher prices.

I agree thadlo. For a family of 5 it is very hard to be able to afford to go to Disney. The only way to stay in a value resort is to get 2 rooms. Even a moderate would be crowded for our family. I have been to HIFS twice now, and recommend it to many. I too am worried that the renovations will put the price way out of our reach. If someone wants to stay in a deluxe, then go stay in one. If you do your research, and see that the rooms at HIFS can be as low as $74/night is off season, then why would you go and expect it to be a Deluxe resort. It is a holiday Inn after all, not the Mariott World Centre. When I researched this resort, I had a pretty accurrate picture of what it would be like, and wasn't dissappointed. I read all the reviews here, and found the good to outweigh the bad. There are, of course, bad reviews even about on site resorts. And, why would anyone be "thankful" that the enterainment rate, and pizza party coupons would be "on the way out the door" There is nothing wrong with getting a deal. Many on site guests would not be very thrilled if the AP discounts or teachers/nurses/ military discounts were "on the way out the door". Just because you get a great rate, or use a coupon, doesn't make you any less important of a guest. It makes you a better informend/prepared guest.
JMHO
K.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer in my post. When I said refund, I meant "partial refund/discount on the room rate" not a full refund on the room. I knew you were simply asking for a reduction. Which I will say again, IMO, for the reasons you listed I do not feel you deserved.

As for you car analogy, I would assume if you are quoted a price on a car, you have done your homework. Therefore, you know the value ahead of time. With me, it is the same for a resort that I stay at. I research what the best prices are because I am determined to be one of who that receives the best price. As I said in my last post, I agree with you that HIFS is not worth what you paid, I would have never stayed there at that rate because of the knowledge I acquired from these boards. Nor would I ever stay at a Disney moderate for that amount, as I know it can be secured at a much lower rate as well.

You admit to doing your research, but did you actually check out their website? I know that I did before my first visit, and I was clear on what type of accommodations they were. I could tell by the images that the furniture was typical Holiday Inn style. While spacious and accommodating, it would be no grand resort!

Having visited HIFS recently and having seen the plans for the Nick remodeling, I agree that it will become a better quality resort. Simply removing the check-in from that building will add a significant amount of space for their guests. Additionally, making the other pool a family pool will decrease the load on the existing sole family pool.

I am sincerely pleased that HIFS appeased you. However, I'm not sure why you appear so anxious to see the discount rates to go? I'm sure that simply because others were able to secure a much lower rate, you wouldn't wish them such ill will?

I can assure you, however, that if HIFS raises their rates too high, they will lose many repeat guests like myself. Why? Because at $184.00 a night I am now in a room at a Deluxe Disney resort (with AP or FL res discount). As much as I love HIFS, for that rate, I'd prefer to stay at a Disney Deluxe any day.

Teresa

Teresa:

First off, I was not asking for a "refund". I didn't want any of my money back. What I wanted was a reduction in the cost of the rooms because that's what was causing my displeasure with my family's experience.

If you're looking at cars and are being quoted $60,000 for a BMW, you likely feel pretty good about it. If you're being quoted $60,000 for a Hyundai, and found out that it's really only worth $30,000, you likely feel bad about it and would stop the transaction before it took place, wouldn't you?

Same thing here. Betwen the DIS boards and the fact that the hotel is filled with nothing but "suites", I was led to believe that this was an upper-moderate facility and not any sort of discount budget hotel. Truth is, it's somewhere in the middle.

Right or wrong, I thought I was going to get all the Disney amenities and more space for the same price as a Disney moderate hotel. It made sense to me- lure the $180+ a-night crowd away from a Disney moderate by charging them the same rate, keeping all the amenities the same, and giving them triple the space as a deal-breaker. That's what did it for me. Instead of squeezing into one room at the CBR as intended, I got a full suite at HIFS. I expected to lose the 'magic' of course; the little Disney things that make a stay on site so appealing. What I didn't expect to lose were the basics in upper-moderate hotels as detailed in prior postings.

It's a matter of perception. If you perceive the HIFS to be on par with CBR or any other Disney moderate hotel you're going to be disappointed. If you are paying CBR prices, you're going to be flabbergasted. If you perceive the HIFS to be on equal footing to a basic Holiday Inn or any number of $99-a-nite hotels then you're going to be thrilled beyond belief.

As I said in my last post, I agree with you that HIFS is not worth what you paid, I would have never stayed there at that rate because of the knowledge I acquired from these boards. Nor would I ever stay at a Disney moderate for that amount, as I know it can be secured at a much lower rate as well.

I'll assume that you either a) plan your vacations way in advance or b) tailor your trips around best-rate dates. I can't do either. In my line of work, I just can't be as flexible as I always seem to be going during peak periods and get the obligatory high prices associated with peak periods.

Additionally, I'm way too busy to do that level of research on a hotel. Upon reflection, I did not take into account the fact that the people raving about HIFS on the Disboards were discount-preferring mom's on tight budgets with lots of time on their hands trying to shill free pizza parties to get even more future discounts. My bad. Didn't realize this was a Disney priceline.com variant.

I am sincerely pleased that HIFS appeased you. However, I'm not sure why you appear so anxious to see the discount rates to go? I'm sure that simply because others were able to secure a much lower rate, you wouldn't wish them such ill will?

It's not like that. I just think that since 90% of the accommodations in Orlando are of the budget variety that we more wealthy folk deserve other options too. Be it HIFS or some other corporation, there's got to be room in the zillions of hotels down there for a niche player to offer large suites with Disneyesque magic / quality. It's not too much to ask. Just one. There are thousands of $29 a night motels on International Drive in between the T-Shirt and Elvis shops after all. Why should I be forced to stay on site and pay $400 for two rooms every night just to get the type of quality I'm looking for?

I can assure you, however, that if HIFS raises their rates too high, they will lose many repeat guests like myself. Why? Because at $184.00 a night I am now in a room at a Deluxe Disney resort (with AP or FL res discount). As much as I love HIFS, for that rate, I'd prefer to stay at a Disney Deluxe any day.

You sort of make my point! At $184.00 a night for *one* room, my family can't squeeze into a Deluxe. All we want is to go offsite, pay the same $184.00 rate, and get a suite with the standards of a Moderate. Lose the Disney branding, the Disney magic, keep the rate the same, and step from a Deluxe to a Moderate accommodation. Where HIFS misses the boat is on the step for that audience's pricepoint from a Deluxe right down to Budget and they mix in so much discounting that it's affecting the entire product. Someone has to pay for those $74.00 HIFS rates and there aren't enough people like me willing to pay much more to offset the losses. So there goes your food quality and the quality of the staff and all of a sudden you're a budget motel in a moderate suite hotel's clothing.

So.....to me......the HIFS's layout is the prototype for an upper-moderate suite facility catering to the BMW / Rolex crowd. If it's transformation into that exact model isn't in the cards from Nickelodeon (and from what I've been told, that *is* what's happening) there's a huge opportunity for someone to do just what I'm describing. In the end, in a town as competitive as Orlando, you're just not going to win on 'price'. You're going to win on QUALITY. I believe they recognize that......so that's why the death of the Pizza Party shilling and the Entertainment Book rate discounting and the goofy Kids Check-In won't bother me a bit.

I wonder.....this past week......just how much better would the food have been and how much better the crowding situation would have been if everyone paid $184.00. If the FREE train rides were gone, if the FREE magic shows were gone, if the FREE kids eats were discontinued, if the FREE kids check in was killed, FREE blah, FREE blah, FREE blah......maybe the HIFS would have had the funds needed to invest in the quality of what we're really there for- rooms with capacity and storage, food good enough to eat the entire week, and ample parking for our large vehicles.

End of rant. I'll let you know what we do next year.

In anticipation of a price increase, I called HIFS to book my rooms for February 2005. She quoted me 199.00 per night with no discounts being available. OUCH! My dh is a government worker and we've always been able to get the teacher/ gov't rate. She said because of the renovations, they will not be offering ANY discounts during our stay. We're going over President's week next year. Just for fun she searched for other dates that may be discounted and the gov't rate was evidently available until Feb 10th. Who knows, they may offer some kind of discount as we get closer. I'll keep trying, but what a bummer!!!!

Boltjames - Offsite will never compare to Disney, it's silly to try.

I can only offer some suggestions. We've only stayed offsite and will never stay onsite because I can spend less and get much more room.

You might want to try renting from an owner at a nice resort such as Marriott or Hilton - this can be done for $800- 1500. for the week with more than enough room for everyone with plenty of storage, parking, activities, etc. You'd really be surprised at these accommodations and pleasantly too.

Our family of four was extremely happy in a 2BR villa with a private balcony, 2 baths, full kitchen and w/d, living room, 3 tv's...and plenty do around the resorts.

Hope you're week gets better :D

I asked my kids if they would rather stay at POR or HIFS and they replied in no uncertain terms that they wanted to go back to HIFS. That is a pretty impressive endorsement

We've stayed here twice with 7 (3 teens) the first trip and 6 (the oldest stayed home) the second. And THAT's what my kids said, too. In fact, HIFS won over Beach Club :rolleyes: with the younger ones. Now that they are older. . . .

As to the storage, we put stored the suitcases under the bed, and shopping in the closet. The oldest kiddos used the bathroom, and there were really no issues. However, remember, we went in the summer-no long pants, no sweaters, light, small clothing, and we did laundry partway through the trip.

This hotel is great for the unassuming, young family, with few loftier demands. It is close to the parks (making it an easy run for the afternoon nap), breakfast was adequate-not gourmet-but filled the tummies of all, the games at night we great and enjoyable, and the pool games were, too.

I can assure you, however, that if HIFS raises their rates too high, they will lose many repeat guests like myself. ::yes::

I believe that there are lots of options for the upper end suites for four-including Disney. Give me the HIFS where my family of 7 (6, 5, 4 . . .they are growing up and leaving the nest) can stay together comfortably with the micro, and fridge at a rate that allows me to save $$$ , send my brood to college and still visit Disney with the younger ones. Which is why we've stayed at CBM the past 2 years. I don't see that one happening anymore and we have no Disney trip planned. :(

HIFS is priced (with discounts) similar to a Disney moderate. If HIFS increases the price (no discounts) the price will be similar to a Disney deluxe (with discounts) and almost twice the price of 2 resort rooms with PL.

I question if the resort (even with renovations) merits that kind of pricing. They better change the breakfast to cooked to order (like ES) if they hope to be able to charge that much.

BoltJames--As you've seen the demand is for budget suites hotels. People not on a budget look for a more upscale resort (Gaylord Palms for example).

I'm not sure if you intend to, but your posts come across as being very bitter. As for all of us "moms with so much free time on our hands", that is laughable at best! I am amazed that you claim to have so little time, yet you have plenty of time to post your replies on this board.

ROFL! Since you are so "wealthy" I am surprised that you even took a second look at the Holiday Inn. It is, after all, a Holiday Inn! Let me assure you that many of us who stay there can afford more expensive accommodations, we just don't always choose to. Look at my signature and you will see that I am very much able to stay in higher priced accommodations. Simply because you were so naive to pay so much, don't be so angry to those who have done our research and paid so little.

I don't believe HIFS misses they boat. They targeted their market and have achieved success. If your statement were true, the resort would not have been so crowded when you were there last week.

As for getting rid of all the "freebies". That is what makes HIFS what it is. This is why it has such a high repeat clientele. It caters to families, both on a budget and those looking for reasonable priced accommodations.

No one forced you to stay on-site or off-site. There are plenty of resorts that fit your needs off-site for less than $400 a night. Such as the Gaylord Palms, Marriott, and countless others.

My suggestion to you is that with all your wealth, consider opening an all suite, higher priced resort that caters to families near Disney. I'm sure it would go over well as I am sure that there is a market for that type of accommodation.

I somehow doubt you'll return to HIFS next year. If you do, I truly hope you can enjoy your vacation with out nitpicking every little detail. Life is so much more enjoyable when you relax and don't concern yourself with every tiny issue.

Teresa

I'll assume that you either a) plan your vacations way in advance or b) tailor your trips around best-rate dates. I can't do either. In my line of work, I just can't be as flexible as I always seem to be going during peak periods and get the obligatory high prices associated with peak periods.

Additionally, I'm way too busy to do that level of research on a hotel. Upon reflection, I did not take into account the fact that the people raving about HIFS on the Disboards were discount-preferring mom's on tight budgets with lots of time on their hands trying to shill free pizza parties to get even more future discounts. My bad. Didn't realize this was a Disney priceline.com variant.

It's not like that. I just think that since 90% of the accommodations in Orlando are of the budget variety that we more wealthy folk deserve other options too. Be it HIFS or some other corporation, there's got to be room in the zillions of hotels down there for a niche player to offer large suites with Disneyesque magic / quality. It's not too much to ask. Just one. There are thousands of $29 a night motels on International Drive in between the T-Shirt and Elvis shops after all. Why should I be forced to stay on site and pay $400 for two rooms every night just to get the type of quality I'm looking for?

You sort of make my point! At $184.00 a night for *one* room, my family can't squeeze into a Deluxe. All we want is to go offsite, pay the same $184.00 rate, and get a suite with the standards of a Moderate. Lose the Disney branding, the Disney magic, keep the rate the same, and step from a Deluxe to a Moderate accommodation. Where HIFS misses the boat is on the step for that audience's pricepoint from a Deluxe right down to Budget and they mix in so much discounting that it's affecting the entire product. Someone has to pay for those $74.00 HIFS rates and there aren't enough people like me willing to pay much more to offset the losses. So there goes your food quality and the quality of the staff and all of a sudden you're a budget motel in a moderate suite hotel's clothing.

So.....to me......the HIFS's layout is the prototype for an upper-moderate suite facility catering to the BMW / Rolex crowd. If it's transformation into that exact model isn't in the cards from Nickelodeon (and from what I've been told, that *is* what's happening) there's a huge opportunity for someone to do just what I'm describing. In the end, in a town as competitive as Orlando, you're just not going to win on 'price'. You're going to win on QUALITY. I believe they recognize that......so that's why the death of the Pizza Party shilling and the Entertainment Book rate discounting and the goofy Kids Check-In won't bother me a bit.

I wonder.....this past week......just how much better would the food have been and how much better the crowding situation would have been if everyone paid $184.00. If the FREE train rides were gone, if the FREE magic shows were gone, if the FREE kids eats were discontinued, if the FREE kids check in was killed, FREE blah, FREE blah, FREE blah......maybe the HIFS would have had the funds needed to invest in the quality of what we're really there for- rooms with capacity and storage, food good enough to eat the entire week, and ample parking for our large vehicles.

End of rant. I'll let you know what we do next year.

Well, I guess not everyone is fortunate enough to be so busy with life that you can't take a little time to actually "plan" your family vacation. I guess not everyone can be in the BMW/Rolex crowd. But personally based on your postings I wouldn't want to be. I mean - you booked a "HOLIDAY INN", why then do you expect Hilton? You are so discontent at such petty things. Not everyone needs "cook to order" breakfast. Not everyone needs the pool to themselves. Believe it or not, there are actually families who need discounted rooms to be able to take their familes to Disney. Does that mean we should have to stay in Motel 6? Don't go bashing a good thing. Try teaching your kids to enjoy the "free" magic show, or face painting rather than being unhappy with a clean place to sleep, decent food, and a great family atmosphere.
Thank goodness the HIFS exisits. I sincerely hope the prices don't increase so much. It was a place where my budget conscience family felt like we were staying at a nice resort with lots of ammenities - a realy treat for us.

Signed - a proud stay at home mom who loves HIFS

I appreciate hearing both side. OP did a good job reviewing HIFS. Sounds like they hope to increase the price to almost $200/ night (getting rid of the deep discounts). OP paid almost that much.

ES offer a cooked to order breakfast. Excellent quality. It's certainly informative to know that the breakfast quality at HIFS is more like a Sizzler or Ponderosa. Although kids eat free the vast majority of posters say the food is poor, mediocre or barely edible. Also good information.

OP paid ES type prices and wasn't expecting a budget experience. I wonder if HIFS is missing the mark with their upgrades and projected re-pricing.

I'm way too busy to do that level of research on a hotel. Upon reflection, I did not take into account the fact that the people raving about HIFS on the Disboards were discount-preferring mom's on tight budgets with lots of time on their hands trying to shill free pizza parties to get even more future discounts

I really feel for you. It must have been horrible staying at the same establishment and letting your children swim in the same pool with these "budget minded people". I only hope that on your next trip to WDW you find more acceptable accommodations.

I have also enjoyed hearing the other side of the fence here. I have a great rate and am staying at the HIFS on the night before our Dream Maker package starts. I could have booked room only at a discount for $20 less, but I really wanted to try the HIFS for myself.

I was never lead to believe the food was good. Just free. We are not counting on it for much, but we do not live to eat anyway.

The pool looks like fun to me. I don't spend much time on the 'deck' anyway- I like to be in with the kids playing. So no worries there. If it is not clean in the common areas I will complain about it, it should be.

I think I did, at first, have too high an expectation of this resort. I have even had people tell me that they would stay at HIFS over AKL. I am not sold on that.
I would never consider going off property (WDW) unless I was saving a good bit of money. I never could understand that. We learned that lesson on a long ago trip, and it was well learned.

If HIFS gets rid of the discount rates when they upgrade to Nick they will lose a lot of their current clientel. Maybe there is enough to go around, but it seems to me that HIFS did so well because it filled a need for families of more than four in the $80-$140 price range, higher than that and two Value rooms starts to look like a better deal...

Is the OP at HIFS as he posts? I personally wouldn't have the time while on vacation with my family to be spending so much time on the computer. Maybe he would have a better chance at snagging a pool chair by actually going out to the pool, rather than staying in the room on line?
I guess that sounds like a flame, but I find it insulting to be put down for being able to research my trip, find discounts and NOT wear a Rolex or drive a BMW.
As for the free breakfast...I have said it before, anyone who cant find something they like there has got to be very picky. There is cold cereal (how can the cold cereal at the resorts be any different), and there is always toast...toast is toast, whether you want to wast your money and pay $10 a slice, or get it free.
K.:confused:

As far as I can tell, that is the case. I just stumbled on this board looking for hotel reviews. I love what you all have said about the HIFS, and am probably going to book there. My daughter and I will have the most fun there (she loves pools, playgrounds and trains) - I would rather have a decent place to stay then save money and regret it. I can make food if we don't like theirs :)

Anyway, I called to get the Entertainment rate and they said they no longer offer it (I am an Entertainment member already) Entertainment (and all other sites I can find) can get me 154 per night best at this point.

So, unless this newbie is missing something, those rates are already gone ?!?! Or should I try another CSR?:confused:

In my opinion the food is on par with Ponderosa, Sizzler and even a couple of Character Breakfasts i.e. bacon, eggs,potatoes, sausage, toast, muffins juice etc. I'm pretty fussy and no way was the food awful. Sometimes people fo not appreciate freebies and only things they pay top dollar for.
I stayed two years ago. Unless things have changed drastically ( and from feedback I dont't think they have) visitors going this year should not worry. My children preferred HIFS to Vistana Villages and Embassy Suites. I must admit I preferred the latter two as they had less of a holiday camp feel but I would go to HIFS again this year if Virgin Holidays had availabilty because my children can't stop talking about it

P.S I would recommend an upper floor. Ground floor suites are a little dark.

:D

Don't give up hope! Just keep checking the rates :).

I just booked today for December at a rate of $114.00. A couple of weeks ago the rate on the website was higher.

Good luck!

Teresa

Originally posted by IdriveI95
In anticipation of a price increase, I called HIFS to book my rooms for February 2005. She quoted me 199.00 per night with no discounts being available. OUCH! My dh is a government worker and we've always been able to get the teacher/ gov't rate. She said because of the renovations, they will not be offering ANY discounts during our stay. We're going over President's week next year. Just for fun she searched for other dates that may be discounted and the gov't rate was evidently available until Feb 10th. Who knows, they may offer some kind of discount as we get closer. I'll keep trying, but what a bummer!!!!

why oh why did the OP not book a nice timeshare resort? Many to be found with lots of room for around $200 a night. I have champagne taste on a beer budget as a single mom, no child support & always try to stay at timeshare resorts. The Wyndham Palms Resort & CC gave me a taste of the good life & now we rarely stay in a little hotel room with no space.

OP, next year look into the time share resorts in Orlando. There are many you can stay at & pay only nightly fees & not have to attend a tour. The Marriott resorts might be a good choice. or even Wyndham Palms booked through hotelkingdom.com. You can get a 3 bedroom (TONS of closet space - walk in closets even!, sectional leather sofa, 55" tv, huge kitchen & dining area, screened in porch overlooking the golf course, jacuzzi tub) all for about the same rate you paid for HIFS (3 bedroom at Wyndham Palms is showing $204 per night for May). LOVE that place!

We just got back today and I *have* to comment on this thread.

This is our 2nd time there in 3 years. During our first stay we had a problem with our room and they took care of things immediately.

We were just there from Apr 7-12. My 'rebuttal' to the negatives on this post. ;)

We went to the pool 3 times and not once did we have a problem finding chairs or being situated near our children. One day we got down there at 2:30 and the other day at noon - no problem either day. There were a lot of kids in the pool, but it is a BIG pool and our kids had a blast! (We adults did, too. :) ) We did see hotel staff down there - in fact one was there just walking around picking up after other people. Another was down there doing activities with kids - relays, etc. We also spent time at the Lap pool on evenings and had no issues there either. I don't know if any other staff was necessarily around the pool - we were too busy having fun to worry about that. We were there watching our kids and enjoying ourselves.

Food: Breakfast for us varied every day depending on what we had scheduled. Today we went down at 8 and it was almost empty in there. Other days we were down btwn 9-10:30 and it was busy, but not unbearable. Never had a line longer than a few minutes and we always found enough seating for our group of 12. The food was good - especially considering it is FREE. Our kids loved it and we enjoyed the variety. Who can complain with eggs, pancakes, french toast, breakfast potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham, grits, bisquits, toast, english muffins, blueberry muffins, donuts, bagels, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, various toppings and MORE being offered all FREE!!

As far as soda being available in the morning - why should they offer that? They have apple juice, orange juice, white milk, chocolate milk, coffee.... I think that is plenty. And, I think many would take advantage of soda being available. :\

Club Car - We thought the seafood buffet was good. Maybe over-priced, but it did have variety and it was good. They told us the wait would be about 30 minutes (Friday night @8), but we would have waited at any place we would have gone to off-site. Plus, we actually only had to wait about 15-20 minutes.

We had no issues with the Pizza Hut food party we got. It was HOT and good. Service was extremely slow though. Same goes for A&W. Our only real complaint would be the long wait time and the fact that for kids to eat free it had to be before 5 p.m.

Space in our suite: We had no issues here either. We had 6 people - 2 of us lived out of our suitcases, but I think when traveling once should expect that. I did hang almost all of my clothes, put dks and dh in dressers and it worked out fine. The closet in the master br was big and my suitcase easily sat open on the floor in there.

I thought the staff there was incredibly nice. We had a crabby hostess at the Club Car, but everyone else was more than happy and ready to help in any way they could. That alone can be priceless!! We had to call for a light bulb when we got there (4 p.m.) and another time we requested an extra pillow and blanket
(midnight). Both times I said it was no hurry, but we had people there within 5-10 minutes.

We will definitely go back!!

btw - I have Pizza Hut coupons if anyone wants one and NO, I am not just a thrifty mom trying to 'sell' the hotel for my benefit. We brought my family with us this last time and they all thought it was fabulous!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter