• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hiding in parks after closing time

Just for the record, I think this forum is the perfect place for this conversation...There have been plenty of "what if" threads started just for fun and I didn't take it any other way. I guess most intelligent people would KNOW not to actual try this and I took it as was intended.

That said, if I was dreaming - I think I would try to hide in Stitch's Great Escape...this ride is soooo bad that the CM's probably don't wanna even go in and check for people actually TRYING to stay there longer than they are supposed to! :rotfl:

Maybe I could somehow disguise myself as a "hidden Mickey". :earboy2:

I agree the idea is "cool". :smooth: But that's where it stops. Most of the deaths at Disney parks have been caused by this. [Source] Just be sure this is one idea that never makes it off the drawing board... :firefight__________________

Why post a link to such a crudely written article on a family mesageboard ??!!

magicmouse2 said:

Not only is that website horrible, but take liberty in adding "embelishments" to the story that may or may not have happened. Seems to be a trend it todays media!

Anyway, I bet you could hid all over the place. How about sliding over the wall at the shooting gallery? Pirates has many of places to hid, but last time two guys tried to hide there and played chess to kill the time.....well you know what happened :-) (speaking of that...notice the game is a stalemate)

A few years ago someone posted the funniest post where they pretended to hide in the park. It was a riot and really had folks going, but..... I guess it is long gone!

This topic certain relates enough to "Disney Theme Parks" (as well as "strategy" ;)) to belong on this board. Enough of the disclaimers - "This coffee is hot", "Sharp knives may cut you", "This laundry bleach not for human consumption". Yeesh.

I think that the MK would be a good "hide in plain sight" place. Find out what CMs where while the park is closed, then make a costume of your own and change into it near closing time (a la James Bond). With hundreds of CMs walking around clearing the park - and I'm assuming that there are enough n00bs that no one knows everyone else - you should be able to stay all night.

One time we were at MK after Wishes and got wrapped up playing at the Shootin' Arcade in Frontierland and pretty much closed down the park. :) It was fun. ;) Hmmmmmm.... if I was going to hide I'd probably go behind one of the gravestones at the Haunted Mansion. :rotfl2:

Sorcerer Figment said:
Not to be rude...

I agree the idea is "cool". :smooth: But that's where it stops. Most of the deaths at Disney parks have been caused by this. [Source] Just be sure this is one idea that never makes it off the drawing board... :firefight

Cool article; thanks for the link. I never would have guessed the shooting gallery used live ammo. Only in California!

magicmouse2 said:
:guilty: In no way to glorify the tragedies (as the author unfortunately does) but to reinforce that no one actually try to do such a thing. On the contrary, because such a post is on a family message board. So that any "little ears" would quickly realize not to try to do such a thing. Because there have been many people who have tried it. You all know how close that line between fantasy and reality seems while at Disney. But I am very sorry if anyone was offended by that. Just trying to keep things safe. :angel:

I would hide in the bushes in that walkway from the Toontown Train Station to Tomorrowland. There are some big bushes and i never see anyone back there.

DrTomorrow said:
This topic certain relates enough to "Disney Theme Parks" (as well as "strategy" ;)) to belong on this board. Enough of the disclaimers - "This coffee is hot", "Sharp knives may cut you", "This laundry bleach not for human consumption". Yeesh.

I think that the MK would be a good "hide in plain sight" place. Find out what CMs where while the park is closed, then make a costume of your own and change into it near closing time (a la James Bond). With hundreds of CMs walking around clearing the park - and I'm assuming that there are enough n00bs that no one knows everyone else - you should be able to stay all night.

If you are referring to my post I certainly don't think anyone is going to try and hide in MK and if they do, probably not as a result of this post!!

My point was that since another board exists here at the DIS to discuss this type of thing on a regular basis then a post like this may get more of the type of response the OP was looking for.

Since the description of the board is:
"This is the forum to discuss touring plans and strategies for the Disney World theme parks. "

Fictual hiding in the park dose nothing to help those that are looking for posts to plan a vacation.
That's all I meant.
TJ

I'm not sure where they use them, but WDW has some really big dogs. If I'm going to MK or any of the MK hotels, I tend to take the back way through an area that until recently was gated for CMs only. There is an area there where they park a lot of the security vehicles. A couple of times, I've noticed CMs dressed in the security uniform walking very big German Shepards. I don't know why they have them or where they take them, but I wouldn't want to meet one where I shouldn't be.

Here's a funny story. My sister is a CM in a shop at DTD. Just before closing, they have to check all of the dressing rooms and storage areas to make sure no one is there. While checking, she found a door locked but she could hear interesting noises coming from inside. She called the manager who unlocked the door to find a couple having a little intimate party. The manager told them they would have to leave because the store was closing. They left a little sheepishly.

I think that was a pretty good idea about hiding in the chuckie cheese balls in space mountain Hauntedmansion79. You're not the only person to think this way.

For those who mention what would u do? You would stay and get in the second day for free! Of course you couldn't ride anything theres no one button that just says start and if u did start the ride you would definetly be caught.

If I hid in the park over night i would hide in a bush near the walkway behind the grandprix raceway. No one goes back there in the day nevermind at night.

by the way jumping off the train (or any other ride) would not work because of the cameras you always here anouncements saying to keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle.

Disney cameras are everywhere on the long inside rides. They look like black cups. There is a million on the TTA.

If any one ever does do this I would love to hear about it.

We're glad to see that people are having fun with this post and decided not to take it literally or seriously. Thanks to the people who backed us up and got the post back on track:

pumpkinfish
PamNC
tommygirl79
DrTommorow (Great "Bond" idea)
Pinnochio

So thanks to those who are keeping it fun, and let's keep going! :Pinkbounc

If I was going to hide i'd like to do it in the outside area's of TOT or Stat tours and wate for the park to empty out and the CM to start work then i'd see how long I could move around the park without being spotted hiding behind things etc.. :banana: :banana:

HM79~ No problem! It just ruffles my feathers a little when things are taken out of context. It wasn't fair to push your OP aside due to people who disagreed with it. But anyways, on to happier things! :

* I wonder if they really check out the train at night. It is kinda dark and you could hide under one of the seats maybe?

* Or even hide out on the TTA? Maybe paint your face blue and wear blue clothing to blend in with the ride itself? LOL> just imagining it :rotfl:

How about inside the Carousel of Progress? You could just hang out in the different scenes during the night then try to "blend in" when it fires up in the morning. :rotfl:

There are cameras everywhere throughout the park. THEY are watching everything that goes on. Check out the security booth at Splash Mountain which is right above the loading area on a bridge-like structure...they have numerous screens monitoring all areas of the ride.

When I was a kid, I constantly dreamed of jumping into one of the dark rides to live amoing the fantasy...especially in Horizons. People are always looking for an escape to the harshness of reality...that's why we watch movies and listen to music...it's an escape of sorts.

I think it's a fun thought, but think of this...when the park is empty and everything is turned off....a large part of the fantasy will be lost and the reality of the park will creep in which would be nasty. One of the main things that creates the magic is the energy all around you while you are there. People, dramatic lighting throughout the park, music, and the general vibe of everything around you is what creates that magic we all love. When the switch is turned off after closing, the magic is gone until another busy day in the park.

-J

pumpkinfish said:
It just ruffles my feathers a little when things are taken out of context. It wasn't fair to push your OP aside due to people who disagreed with it.

Just to further clarify, I didn't disagree with this post or want to silence anyone. Just felt this would be a popular post, and should include a "don't try this at home" type warning. Sorry for any confusion. :sad:I'm enjoy reading all your ideas! :grouphug: Hey, what about the former playground in the Imagination pavillion at Epcot? (Upstairs, with the big glass windows, replaced by ImageWorks.) :upsidedow

Easiest plan of all- get a job as a night janitor and get paid to spend the night. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter