• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hide Out on CC

dad of 3 addicted to DCL

Love me some DCL
DS is old enough to do some (limited) exploration of CC without Mom & Dad 'watching over his shoulder' (or so he says). We've no experience with the Hide Out on CC and was wondering what is available there (WIFI, games, ...nothing much?) for him to do. Any info or pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

No Wifi . The youth group goes there and they play volley ball , etc. They vote I think on what they want to do there. My daughter just said they basically hang out...lol I think there maybe ping pong tables there but not really that much.

I'm afraid I can't provide any advice for you about the activities on CC for kids.

I just wanted to say when I saw the title of your thread, I thought it would be about staying on Castaway and finding a way to hide out there so you never have to leave. I understand that impulse!

:):)
I'm afraid I can't provide any advice for you about the activities on CC for kids.

I just wanted to say when I saw the title of your thread, I thought it would be about staying on Castaway and finding a way to hide out there so you never have to leave. I understand that impulse!

I also thought that. :) I would love to stay in castaway cay, I wish the cruise ship went there and stayed there for a few days as I would book again then.

FYI: while at Castaway Cay
(and other port) if he wants to get off the ship without you there you will need to go to guest service and sign a paper allowing him to do so.
Also children (under 18) can only get off the ship with the adult in the same cabin. So if you have more than one cabin make sure to sign this.

Has anyone ever missed the ship on CC before and needed to stay there

Most likely DCL will not leave you at cc. They will leave you at other ports but cc they will come looking for you. Just my guess. If you do happen to miss the ship somehow you were hiding in a very good spot. I'm sure they will put you on a local boat and send you to the populated island. You might be arrested also. This is just my guess.

Most likely DCL will not leave you at cc. They will leave you at other ports but cc they will come looking for you. Just my guess. If you do happen to miss the ship somehow you were hiding in a very good spot. I'm sure they will put you on a local boat and send you to the populated island. You might be arrested also. This is just my guess.

Arrested for what lol

I was just wondering out of interest

I'd imagine that CC is about as close to impossible to get left as you can get. It is Disney's island (ok, leased for like 99 years, but still) and they are the only ship there. They know who is on board and who is not, and I'd guess that should someone NOT be on board, that island would be COVERED with DCL crew and security until the person was found.

Arrested for what lol

I was just wondering out of interest
Well, I don't know what the specific charges would be, but something like "Refusing or failing to leave land, real property, or structures belonging to..." Especially since you'd have to hide to stick around, obviously aware that you're doing something wrong.

Well, I don't know what the specific charges would be, but something like "Refusing or failing to leave land, real property, or structures belonging to..." Especially since you'd have to hide to stick around, obviously aware that you're doing something wrong.

Trespassing would be a likely charge I'd think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter