Hidden in plain sight?

I've never seen anyone (but us) pull on the ropes near the cargo boxes at HS, between 50's Prime Time Cafe and Indy Jones (as you walk, on the left). When people near us hear the voices they are just shocked - we get a huge kick out of it.

Do you have a picture of it so we can try it? Also what do you hear?

The umbrella at the end of Streets of America in DHS will rain on you if you pull on the handle (in good weather).
medium_umbrella.jpg

I had read it was inside the ride, in the final room and you had to turn back to look behind you. I must have ridden HM 10 times last trip and could not find it!

It is in the pet cemetery outside on the left. Way in the back

There use to be an old telephone at the Chapeau in MK, you could pick it up and listen to the gossip on the party line.
'
My favorite thing about MK is how it is set up for you to step "into" the show. Think of it as going to the movies today. The train station acts as a curtain, hiding the show. As you go in notice that there are attraction posters on the walls-coming attractions. Going down Main St if you look at the windows above the shops you will find the "credits" with names of the Imagineers and builders of MK-with Walt's window being at the end of Main St above the Plaza facing the Castle.

One more that I love-the partner's statue of Walt and Mickey. Coming in, it's as if Walt is welcoming you into the park, but going out it's like he's waving good-bye.

The BEST "Hidden in plain sight" things are THE HIDDEN MICKEYS!:)

And the ONE Hidden Oswald!:)

There use to be an old telephone at the Chapeau in MK, you could pick it up and listen to the gossip on the party line.

It's still there! At least it was back in January. The phone is in the back room.
I could be wrong but I seem to remember this phone being in a general store type shop on Main Street - they used to sell cookware and Smuckers jams.

There is a similar phone in Tomorrowland where you pick up the receiver and listen to phone calls being made with "futuristic" conversations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear
I had read it was inside the ride, in the final room and you had to turn back to look behind you. I must have ridden HM 10 times last trip and could not find it!
It is in the pet cemetery outside on the left. Way in the back

We were looking for it on Friday, in the pet cemetery, but did not see it. I wonder where it went to?

There used to be when you looked over one if the bridges in Animal Kingdom off to the left you could see a giant rock in the form of a sleeping dragon. When I went last June I could not find it, however it was also pouring rain while I was trying to look. Does any one know if it's still there? I still am so sad they never utilized the mythical beasts idea for animal kingdom.

There used to be when you looked over one if the bridges in Animal Kingdom off to the left you could see a giant rock in the form of a sleeping dragon. When I went last June I could not find it, however it was also pouring rain while I was trying to look. Does any one know if it's still there? I still am so sad they never utilized the mythical beasts idea for animal kingdom.

If my memory serves me correctly, it's the bridge connecting Camp Minnie Mickey to FOTL. Or where FOTL used to be. And last August it was still there.

It's still there! At least it was back in January. The phone is in the back room.
I could be wrong but I seem to remember this phone being in a general store type shop on Main Street - they used to sell cookware and Smuckers jams.

There is a similar phone in Tomorrowland where you pick up the receiver and listen to phone calls being made with "futuristic" conversations.

You know I remember it being in that store also, but I am certain I found it at the Chapeau on a recent trip.

I'll be on the lookout for the Tomorrowland phone, thanks for pointing it out!

If my memory serves me correctly, it's the bridge connecting Camp Minnie Mickey to FOTL. Or where FOTL used to be. And last August it was still there.

I will be looking for this in May, I hope it's there, I had never heard of it.

Turn your head sideways to the right as you look at the picture. Echo lake is one of Mickey's ear. That should give you a perspective on where to look and how big the hidden Mickey is.

Quote: Originally Posted by mummabear I had read it was inside the ride, in the final room and you had to turn back to look behind you. I must have ridden HM 10 times last trip and could not find it! It is in the pet cemetery outside on the left. Way in the back We were looking for it on Friday, in the pet cemetery, but did not see it. I wonder where it went to?

It disappeared in the last couple of months.

I love threads like these.

One of our favorite little hide away places is down Main Street. It's the little nook in between Uptown Jewlers and the glass blowers shop. You can sit down there and listen to people taking music lessons and tap dancing lessons. We like to get a sweet treat from the Confectionary and go and sit at one of the table and chairs and listen while we eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter