Hidden Gems

curlyqs

Mouseketeer
What is your hidden gem? Beginning to plan the details for our October trip! My girls will be ages 8 &5. Our hidden gem was the frozen desert party at Hollywood Studios. That was awesome!

Looking for something similar in nature. Something special. Thinking about the private cruises for Illuminations or Wishes, or the pirate cruise. Any other hidden gems you book at 180 days out? Or any special experience? This will be the girls 4th and 5th visit, so I wanted to think out of the normal box a little! Also will be booking BBB!

We enjoyed the Pirates and Pals cruise! But my DS8 LOVES the children's pirate cruises! He has done the one from GF and YC (LOVES the YC one!).

If your girls love plants and gardening, the Behind the Seeds Tour in the Land Pavilion in Epcot is a neat little extra tour. Relatively inexpensive and doesn't eat up a huge amount of your time in Epcot. If they like the Living with the Lands ride, they'll likely love the behind the scenes peek at the growing process and the chance to walk on those forbidden paths behind the sand and plants on the ride. :-) You can either sign up and pay in advance online on the WDW website or you may be able to sign up first thing in the morning for a tour later that day. Look for the counter just to the Left of the Soarin' entrance (across from the bathrooms).

Wonderland Tea Party

A tea party (lasting one hour) for children, hosted by characters from Alice in Wonderland. Children will make and eat cupcakes, enjoy a story, eat lunch, and have tea with the characters, and make flower bouquets. Children who are potty trained and ages 4-10 may attend.

Monday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Available to all guests, Cost is $40.00 ($42.60 including tax).
Reservations 90 days in advance at 407-WDW-DINE.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=227

My grandaughter loved it and I appreciated the time to shop at the Grand Floridian.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
We loved the Pirate & Pals fireworks cruise. (Haven't done the private Wishes cruise to compare) So much fun.

But my son loved, loved, loved the pirate adventure cruise (he took the one leaving from the Yacht Club) - he was 5 1/2 on our last trip, and he still talks about it nearly a year and a half later. I'd definitely recommend that as an awesome sort-of-hidden gem! :)

children's pirate adventure cruise (DS5 did one out of GF)- he talked to EVERYONE about it- was his favourite of the trip!

Great ideas! Thanks. I am going to look into the cruises and the tea party! I just love making each disney a little different with all the fun extra activities to do!

children's pirate adventure cruise (DS5 did one out of GF)- he talked to EVERYONE about it- was his favourite of the trip!
Our kids did that twice, and loved it! Highly recommend:)
Happy Planning!
-Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter