Hicks on Holiday 2 - Done Brung the Kin Folk-Sept. 07 w/pics UPDATE 12/10/08 pg 41

Disneygirl and I are like minded. I already knew that. BTW, she might try getting the 'original' fairy tales as the sanitized versions they read nowadays do make the Princesses seem to be wimps. They were much tougher in the old days. I remember when the Old Lady in the Shoe used to spank her kids and nowadays she kisses them.:confused3

No wonder her kids are running around crazy! :rotfl:

Many men will not think of marrying an independent woman but then who wants one of THEM any old way.:rotfl:

What's that old saying "A woman chases a man until he catches her?"

A little initiative isn't a bad thing. As long as you are not a brazen hussy about it. DisneyGirl will need a strong dh, as she's a first born girl. Enough said!

Big feet make for a good foundation. I am well grounded as well. :laughing:

Mine grew with each of the first three kids. DisneyGirl is concerned for herself due to this fact. LOL

Please tell DG that I have established a library for the daycare center across the street and go over and read to the wee ones along with teaching the older ones to read now. Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble, mostly.:dance3:

I had to teach a Shakespeare class for our Homeschool Co-op just so she could have someone to discuss Hamlet with. Sheesh. Am I a good mom or what???

I am betting you will get really good prices on next years vacation. Not many are going to be able to afford anything extra and you strike me as the kind who is prepared. Me too.

SG

From your mouth to the Mouse's ears. LOL :thumbsup2

Such cute pictures. I agree with Disney girl about Cindy. ::yes::

Thanks!

How sweet that the girls wanted their Big Sis to meet Cindy. You have some good kids, Mom.

They ADORE their big sister. She's pretty sweet on them too. When they are being good and not getting into her stuff.
DisneyGirl just got her own room this last weekend, and is THRILLED to have some space. LOL :cloud9:

Here I go, getting all teary-eyed again. The look on Princess K's face is just priceless! She is SOOO excited to see Cinderella! I love it!

Princess K is soooo excited about EVERYTHING! She's a pretty happy girl all around. That's why it's a pleasure to take her to see the Princesses.

I told you the story about how I knew Princess K would like WDW? We were walking to the library and she saw a flag and said in her best wide-eyed exuberance "A FLAG momma, a FLAG!!!!" We figured if she was that excited about a flag, WDW would be over the top. :lmao:

The ducks were one of my kid's favorite parts of Disney. :rolleyes:

They are quite entertaining.

I have to tell you all, my kids saw SANTA at Princess K's soccer game the other day. When asked what he was doing there, Bitsy replied "He's watching the boys and 'glirls' to see if they are good." She was remarkably good the rest of the day. All the way home she was singing "He know when you are fweeping, he know when you awake. He know if you been good or bad so be good for Heaven's sake." :rotfl2:

Ok, don't fall over. New update coming right up!

Pics Of Hicks, a Nap, and PM EMH @ EP, due to MNSSHP
Friday, Sept. 21, 2007
Magic Kingdom

When we last left the Hicks they were leaving MK for Epcot on the Bionic SIL's last day at WDW.

On the way out of the park,
we saw some other families getting their pictures taken.

Again, I was haunted by the $99 I had spent on the prepaid Photopass CD,
so I insisted that we get some pics done also.
I recommend that if you want pics done in front of the MK Castle,
that you do them first thing in the morning,
or at night, after dark,
because in the afternoon you get the lovely squinty-eye effect.

My Hicks

image24.jpg

My Hicks and Mom

image37.jpg

image41.jpg

Bionic SIL's crew

image06.jpg

Poch Jr and Stitch Jr, and there was supposed to be something in their hands, but that never happened. LOL

image13.jpg

The Whole Hick Ensemble

image20-1.jpg

It was hot, and we were getting cranky,
but at least I can say we got some pics!

We had intended to head directly to Epcot on the Monorail,
as I thought a second Monorail ride would be nice.

Instead, we decided to go back to the room for a short nap
and to let Bionic SIL to pack a little,
allowing us to stay later at the Epcot PM EMH.

Did I mention that the reason for this whole plan
was that we wanted to visit Epcot and MK both again,
Bionic SIL was on limited time,
AND MK was closing early for MNSSHP,
a closed, ticket-required party
that has the honor of having one more initial than MVMCP,
making it the longest special event acronym at WDW.

MNSSHP is a bit classified in the DMZ, gotta go ASAP, you know, strictly BYOB.

May I say once again
that although I am not a fan of hauling my seven kids
back and forth on the busses multiple times a day,
that afternoon nap in the A/C is soooo refreshing!

Naps and packing accomplished,
and it seems like Poch and Stitch jr may have gone swimming,
we decided we were ready to deal with the parks again.

We hopped on the Epcot bus, and found our way to Futureworld.

We honestly can’t remember what all we did here,
but I don’t think that it was much, because...we were all hungry.

We had voted on eating at Epcot vs. eating at Pop before leaving.

So, we made our way to The Land,
looked at the waaaaay too long line of Soarin’,
and promptly visited the bathroom,
which was very crowded and noisy.

Did I mention that we’ve visited ever freakin’ bathroom in WDW. :rolleyes:

Not that I’m bitter, or anything.
A hick’s gotta do what a hick’s gotta do.

Ahem.

We grabbed some supper at the Sushine Seasons,
and found it to be a bit of a mixed bag.
[Review in my Food Report, see my siggie.]

Before leaving Futureworld,
we saw they were already handing out the now defunct PM EMH wristbands. So we lined up and slapped them on.
We weren’t sure how long we’d actually stay,
but we wanted to be prepared.

We then headed to the World Showcase to tour the countries that we had not yet hit.

We spend a lot of time exploring all the nooks and crannies in Morocco,
which was pretty cool.
It was dark by then, and there were very few people around.
It was nice back there.

We then ended up near Japan in time to watch Illuminations,
something we had missed on all of our family trips.

I am still not of the mind to sit for over an hour with small children
in order to see this Spectacular Evening Event,
but it was pretty good for being a few rows back.

Bionic SIL gave it a big thumbs up also!

My only complaint is that I got several hot cinders in my eyes,
irritating them for the rest of the week.
I suppose that all depends on where you are standing
and where the wind is blowing.

But it smarted! :sad1:

We jumped in with the big crowd and herded, I mean headed,
back to Futureworld.

Here is my only pic from that night.
My camera is not so good with the night time photos,
yet I think it is tre' artistic, no?

IMG_0402.jpg

On the way, there was this group in front of us,
and they were having a REALLY good time.
One guy in particular, who was speaking really loudly with some accent,
sounded VERY familiar to me.

?!?!?!

Who does he sound like?

Suddenly, I realized...
He sounded JUST like the Geico Gecko. :lmao:

Just then, John leaned down to me and said,
"If you want a muffin, they literally hand you a muffin with butter and jam.
Mmmmm...Tasty!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I started laughing so hard I almost snorted and choked at the same time.

AT LEAST, it wasn't just me!!!!

We then decided to try standing in line to ride Soarin’ again.

Bionic SIL and crew had decided that it was the one thing they wanted to do
before we left.

The wait time was posted at around 25 minutes,
but we decided to chance it,
and left Mom and John in the food court with the littles.

As we were standing in line, people kept pushing past us,
in theory to join their group.
Bionic SIL was having a fit over it,
but couldn’t bring herself to body slam the next person that tried it
as she was thinking of doing.

The wait time may have been as posted,
but once we got to the virtual gaming area,
it seemed to go really fast.
We were doing pretty well with the games,
at first,
then we seemed not to be able to win anything! LOL

We made it on Soarin in due time,
and really enjoyed it once again.
It probably is my favorite,
though you probably will find me saying that about many things at WDW.

After Soarin we were beat,
and decided not to fight the crowds anymore.

Morning EMH is about not being crowded.

Evening EMH is all about joining the masses.

The upside is that it is cooler.

The downside, longer lines.
And the fact that my littles,
no matter if they nap or not,
can not really make it longer than 8 pm.

We grimly trailed back to the buses,
glad that our immediate family was still staying,
but sad that the cousins would be leaving.

On the bus, Princess K was ready to drop,
and there weren't any seats left for her and DisneyGirl.
She was whining about it, and a little boy, about 8 years old,
offered his seat to her.
K gladly took it.

His dad, obviously proud, said "You remembered our talk about being a gentleman.
Now I'm going to be a gentleman and give you MY seat."
The little boy settled in, then looked at his dad with big eyes,
"Dad, do you need to sit down again?"
"Nope, I'm fine."
"Oh, good. I was afraid I would have to be a gentleman again."
:lmao:

And thus ends the Whole Hick Ensemble's Last Night Together at WDW.
Sniff.

Next up: The cousins leave, Breakfast with the Mouse, and bad bus service.

I love the Gecko story!! My DS1 is NUTS about him. We pulled up to the school to have lunch w/DD, and as I'm getting the baby out of the car and into the stroller he starts yelling, "It's the lizard, Mommy! It's the lizard!!!" He's jumping up and down and laughing and yelling, and I'm figuring he's gone out of his gourd...when I realize that someone who obviously works for Geico (since the logo and the silhouette of the Gecko is plastered all over the car) is picking up his Kindergartener. :lmao: I really shouldn't be so ready to doubt their sanity...

Great update! I still have to head over to your food report and see what you thought about Sunshine Seasons - always wanted to try that one.

I also loved the story in the post before about Princess K singing about Santa. I need one of those experiences, too. The same DS has drawn with marker all over his and DD's room, chewed the feet off of two different Barbies, and smuggled a toy into his pre-K class in the past two days! :scared:

I love the Gecko story!! My DS1 is NUTS about him. We pulled up to the school to have lunch w/DD, and as I'm getting the baby out of the car and into the stroller he starts yelling, "It's the lizard, Mommy! It's the lizard!!!" He's jumping up and down and laughing and yelling, and I'm figuring he's gone out of his gourd...when I realize that someone who obviously works for Geico (since the logo and the silhouette of the Gecko is plastered all over the car) is picking up his Kindergartener. :lmao: I really shouldn't be so ready to doubt their sanity...

That's hilarious! My kids usually DO know what they are talking about, whether I think so or not. LOL

Great update! I still have to head over to your food report and see what you thought about Sunshine Seasons - always wanted to try that one.

I also loved the story in the post before about Princess K singing about Santa. I need one of those experiences, too. The same DS has drawn with marker all over his and DD's room, chewed the feet off of two different Barbies, and smuggled a toy into his pre-K class in the past two days! :scared:
:scared1:

Good Heavens, he does need a dose of Santa-spying. LOL
Chewing the feet off of Barbie. That's un-American. LOL
Should I tell Santa to go to Indy? Oh, wait, I think he's already there, helping the Colts pull off a win! :thumbsup2

Great updates as always.

And I wanted to let you know that I have a son! My Disney prince, Eric Joseph, was born on 25 September, weighing in at 7lb 9oz. I was booked in for a c-section on 26 September as he was breech, but he decided he'd been in there long enough so was born by emergency section. Here is a picture of him with his mom after his first bath at home.

PregnancyPics032.jpg

And I'll stop hogging your thread now!

Laur's princess:

Great updates as always.

And I wanted to let you know that I have a son! My Disney prince, Eric Joseph, was born on 25 September, weighing in at 7lb 9oz. I was booked in for a c-section on 26 September as he was breech, but he decided he'd been in there long enough so was born by emergency section. Here is a picture of him with his mom after his first bath at home.

PregnancyPics032.jpg

Laur's princess:

He is BEAUTIFUL!

I had to have my first by c-section, and opted for a repeat with #2, but after that I decided I didn't want any more surgery, and have had a VBAC for the other 5.
I don't regret having to make that decision with the first one, or even the second one, as no one would tell me all my options.
So here's a :hug: from someone who has truly felt your pain!

Congrats again! Sniff his sweet baby head for me! :lovestruc

He is BEAUTIFUL!

I had to have my first by c-section, and opted for a repeat with #2, but after that I decided I didn't want any more surgery, and have had a VBAC for the other 5.
I don't regret having to make that decision with the first one, or even the second one, as no one would tell me all my options.
So here's a :hug: from someone who has truly felt your pain!

Congrats again! Sniff his sweet baby head for me! :lovestruc

Thank you :hug: I am so in love with him, it is all I can do to stop looking at him for 5 minutes! The pain is slowly improving, though my wound is infected, ick!

Laur's x

Thank you :hug: I am so in love with him, it is all I can do to stop looking at him for 5 minutes! The pain is slowly improving, though my wound is infected, ick!

Laur's x

ugh. Hope you're feeling better soon. Take it VERY slowly. You will heal faster if you take it easy. You will feel sooooo much better in a few weeks!

Great updates as always.

PregnancyPics032.jpg

Laur's princess:

My son was also born on Sept 25, 2008. Caleb Allen. THough you are further along than me (internet wise). I have not even uploaded any photos on my computer but my excuse is that my husband has been dragging us all over ohio looking for mini vans since we realized on our way home from the hospital that our car was way too small. We found one tonight so hopefully I will get a chance to upload my photos this week.

My son was also born on Sept 25, 2008. Caleb Allen. THough you are further along than me (internet wise). I have not even uploaded any photos on my computer but my excuse is that my husband has been dragging us all over ohio looking for mini vans since we realized on our way home from the hospital that our car was way too small. We found one tonight so hopefully I will get a chance to upload my photos this week.

Yay! Congrats to you too! Amazing they were born the same day!

Post a pic when you get the mini-van matter settled. LOL

Congratulations :goodvibes How strange that they were born on the same day. Looking forward to seeing a pic.

Laur's x

Congratulations Arieljasmine! It is so true, that love you feel instantly when you have your children. It only gets better with time, no matter what, like teen angst etc. :lovestruc My baby will be 37 Tuesday.

MOM, the pictures are fab u lous!! How you manage to keep them all happy and in line (Shoe???) I cannot imagine. Us teachers learn as much, if not more than our students. Keeps me hopping to keep ahead of some of mine. Folks like you deserve to get to go to DW often and for long periods of time. I am making plans to go back next year, and hopefully in better fettle so I can really enjoy things. I wish you all could go at Christmas. What a way to celebrate the holiday!! Free Food too!!:banana:

SG

His dad, obviously proud, said "You remembered our talk about being a gentleman.
Now I'm going to be a gentleman and give you MY seat."
The little boy settled in, then looked at his dad with big eyes,
"Dad, do you need to sit down again?"
"Nope, I'm fine."
"Oh, good. I was afraid I would have to be a gentleman again."
:lmao:

This is darling! It makes me so happy to witness young children that are well behaved and well mannered. What a sweetheart for giving up his seat even though he was obviously tired.

Great updates as always.

PregnancyPics032.jpg

Laur's princess:

Congratulations on your beautiful prince. He is darling!

Congratulations Arieljasmine! It is so true, that love you feel instantly when you have your children. It only gets better with time, no matter what, like teen angst etc. :lovestruc My baby will be 37 Tuesday.

MOM, the pictures are fab u lous!! How you manage to keep them all happy and in line (Shoe???) I cannot imagine. Us teachers learn as much, if not more than our students. Keeps me hopping to keep ahead of some of mine. Folks like you deserve to get to go to DW often and for long periods of time. I am making plans to go back next year, and hopefully in better fettle so I can really enjoy things. I wish you all could go at Christmas. What a way to celebrate the holiday!! Free Food too!!:banana:

SG

It is harder to organize a big group for a picture, I'll grant you. I think they were all too exhausted to fight back. LOL

I forgot to ask, how did you like Pop? I know you are usually an All Stars kinda girl.

We sure would enjoy WDW in December once we got there, but packing and going that time of year...well, the thought gives me hives.
I think I could do it though! LOL

This is darling! It makes me so happy to witness young children that are well behaved and well mannered. What a sweetheart for giving up his seat even though he was obviously tired.

I agree! I prefer to believe there are still MANY people with manners out there, they just happen to be quiet and well-behaved, so no-one notices them most of the time. :thumbsup2

Howdy there MOM!

Having manners is easy when things are going well but when things are not it is a different matter. For instance, I am usually a rules type of gal and do not lie, as a rule but this trip I told a whopper to get a free cup of water. Granted. it was not for myself though. :lmao:

Parents who teach their children to have manners are giving them a great gift that will stand them in good stead.

I will be returning to Sports. The only good thing about POP was the food court and when you are all the way in the back it was not that accessible. They spoil me at Sports. :lovestruc

Have you considered that packing up to go to DW for Christmas is much easier than writing cards, shopping, wrapping presents, decorating, baking cookies and all that? Make DW the present. Bet your family would agree. I am aiming for next year. Please join me?:banana:

SG

Happy Halloween!

IMG_0202.jpg

I will get back to my updating, I promise.

Babycakes has had two outpatient surgeries in two weeks,
and I'm only now catching up on things.

Hoping to update this weekend.

In the interim, here are our pumpkins for this year:

Toy Story 1 & 2

Rex

IMG_1416.jpg

Woody

IMG_1418.jpg

Buzz Lightyear

IMG_1419.jpg

Jesse the Cowgirl (not my favorite creation, but I tried)

IMG_1420.jpg

Bo Peep

IMG_1425.jpg

Tour Guide Barbie

IMG_1421.jpg

Hamm

IMG_1424.jpg

Have a great weekend! :wizard:

Impressive pumpkins. Poor Babycakes. :grouphug:

And, here is the crew....

Karate Kid (aka Danger Boy)

IMG_1435.jpg

The Inquisitor, as Darth Vader

IMG_1434.jpg

Ballerina Princess K

IMG_1433.jpg

The Chef, in the role of Indiana Jones

IMG_1432.jpg

Baby Cakes, as, who else, Cinderella

IMG_1431.jpg

Snow Bitsy

IMG_1430.jpg

The whole gang (minus DisneyGirl who had a better offer by being invited to a friend's slumber party! LOL)

IMG_1428.jpg

They had a great time trick or treating with Daddy,
and I handed out candy to waaaay over a 100 kids.
(Next year, I'm keeping a tally!)

Hope everyone had a good night!

I love Halloween! I had a great one, lots of visitors and the weather was so good I could sit, barefooted, on my front porch to hand out the goodies.:cool1:

The only thing better would have been if this group had shown up. :love:

Please tell Babycakes that I am having outpatient surgery too so we will heal together. :hug:

SG

Impressive pumpkins. Poor Babycakes. :grouphug:

Thanks! and Thanks!

I love Halloween! I had a great one, lots of visitors and the weather was so good I could sit, barefooted, on my front porch to hand out the goodies.:cool1:

The only thing better would have been if this group had shown up. :love:

Please tell Babycakes that I am having outpatient surgery too so we will heal together. :hug:

SG

I really enjoyed sitting out on my porch handing out candy that night also. :thumbsup2

We'd have loved to be there. I bet you give out the good stuff! LOL

Babycakes had a small "ventral hernia" repaired. Basically it was a tiny whole in the muscle wall above her bellybutton.
BUT, it got infected.
(Doctor: "That never has happened to any of my patients before!
You only have a 1% chance of that happening!"
Gee, thanks.)

So she had to have a second surgery to get rid of the infection.

Yeah.
It was bad.

So thanks for the hugs, and I hope yours goes MUCH better! :grouphug:

Later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter