Hi :)

julieCDO

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Planning our first trip to Disney with kids. 7,4, and 22months. I am a bit overwhelmed and not much of a planner. I'm much more fly by the seat of my pants kinda mama but I am thinking this is not going to work for WDW with kids.

About us... I went to disney several times as a kid. Then annually for the national high school cheerleading championships but haven't been since hte late 90s. My husband has never been.

This was a last minute decision to go and cost was a huge factor so we are not staying on disney this time. Have booked a room (and requested updated suite) at fantasyworld resort for Sept 15-21. Having a 2br unit was a must for us and the disney options for that were so pricey. We also do not have a meal plan. Our son is Gluten Free and we are not sure how that will work so we plan on bringing food for breakfast and packing lunches and then cooking lots of meals at the room.

We have a 5 day pass but have not paid to add the hopper option.

Looking forward to reading, and planning! If there are any can't miss posts that i should read, please link!

We never went to WDW when our kids were small so my suggestions might be useless. BUT we do go every September so I can give you some general guidelines.
Strollers for the kids...you'll walk for miles.
September is hot.
Reduced crowds in Sept but by noon the parks are still packing them in. If you can get in the parks early you'll be able to do many things and will likely be able to head back to the hotel for swimming and rest by 1 or 2 pm.
Go to the Transportation Board for tips on renting a car.
That's enough from me....I'll let others add.
(Have a blast).

Hi!

Planning our first trip to Disney with kids. 7,4, and 22months. I am a bit overwhelmed and not much of a planner. I'm much more fly by the seat of my pants kinda mama but I am thinking this is not going to work for WDW with kids.

About us... I went to disney several times as a kid. Then annually for the national high school cheerleading championships but haven't been since hte late 90s. My husband has never been.

This was a last minute decision to go and cost was a huge factor so we are not staying on disney this time. Have booked a room (and requested updated suite) at fantasyworld resort for Sept 15-21. Having a 2br unit was a must for us and the disney options for that were so pricey. We also do not have a meal plan. Our son is Gluten Free and we are not sure how that will work so we plan on bringing food for breakfast and packing lunches and then cooking lots of meals at the room.

We have a 5 day pass but have not paid to add the hopper option.

Looking forward to reading, and planning! If there are any can't miss posts that i should read, please link!

:welcome:Dis-Friend

Welcome. I am also new here and we are just back from a very impromptu trip booked under 3 weeks before we went. My suggestions are to stay flexible (we had numerous rides closed or break down on us while in line including test track, splash mountain, Nemo, etc). Also, the earlier you arrive, the better the crowds....may not be as much of an issue in Sept but we typically had 4-5 rides in before the crowds started. Also, if there is a spot you really want to eat, you better make as ADR as the popular ones book up quick. We were able to get most of what we wanted including dinner at BOG!

Mostly, relax, enjoy and be flexible with plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter